Official 2012 San Francisco 49ers Offseason Thread

^
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

[h1]Nate Clements says he plans to remain a 49er[/h1]
Like quarterback Alex Smith, cornerback Nate Clements is acting as if he will be back with the 49ers despite an unresolved contract situation.

During a break in workouts with a handful of 49ers teammates Monday, Clements said he wants to return in 2011.

"Absolutely," Clements said. "I never said I didn't. That's not really an issue."

To stick around, however, Clements, 31, will have to accept a pay cut. He is in line to make more than $15 million this season, and Comcast Sports Net Bay Area reported in January that the 49ers will ask him to rework his deal or risk being released

The 49ers plan to honor the late Joe "The Jet" Perry by wearing helmet decals bearing Perry's No. 34 next season. Coaches and staff will wear lapel pins with the same design.

http://www.insidebayarea.com/49ers/ci_18123436

[h1]Nate Clements says he plans to remain a 49er[/h1]
Like quarterback Alex Smith, cornerback Nate Clements is acting as if he will be back with the 49ers despite an unresolved contract situation.

During a break in workouts with a handful of 49ers teammates Monday, Clements said he wants to return in 2011.

"Absolutely," Clements said. "I never said I didn't. That's not really an issue."

To stick around, however, Clements, 31, will have to accept a pay cut. He is in line to make more than $15 million this season, and Comcast Sports Net Bay Area reported in January that the 49ers will ask him to rework his deal or risk being released

The 49ers plan to honor the late Joe "The Jet" Perry by wearing helmet decals bearing Perry's No. 34 next season. Coaches and staff will wear lapel pins with the same design.

http://www.insidebayarea.com/49ers/ci_18123436

Smith said he wanted to get a good grasp of the playbook before arranging for a large workout involving his 49ers teammates.

"I've got a playbook," Smith said. "I've had it for a while (since April 29). I've worked extremely hard getting into it, immersing myself into it. And I really think that's, as far as the quarterback, the most important thing. And now I really feel I have a decent grasp of it. Enough to really be helpful to these guys.

"We're going to get everybody together and I'm really, as much as I've learned about it, going to give it to them."

Read more: Smith ready to share knowledge of 49ers' playbook
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

look at that boy alex. what a leaderrrr

pimp.gif

Smith said he wanted to get a good grasp of the playbook before arranging for a large workout involving his 49ers teammates.

"I've got a playbook," Smith said. "I've had it for a while (since April 29). I've worked extremely hard getting into it, immersing myself into it. And I really think that's, as far as the quarterback, the most important thing. And now I really feel I have a decent grasp of it. Enough to really be helpful to these guys.

"We're going to get everybody together and I'm really, as much as I've learned about it, going to give it to them."

Read more: Smith ready to share knowledge of 49ers' playbook
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

look at that boy alex. what a leaderrrr

pimp.gif

[h2][/h2]
[h2]Alex Smith on his return to the 49ers, putting westcoastsfinest on suicide watch Harbaugh, the workouts, and his future[/h2]

Posted by Tim Kawakami on June 1st, 2011 at 4:33 pm | Categorized as 49ers, NFL

-Got down to see a handful of 49ers players working out today–in a bit of rain–and it was notable to see Alex Smith taking such a strong leadership role.

Afterwards, he talked expansively to Dan Brown, Matt Barrows and me,  addressing all the relevant issues, talking about his inevitable return to the team, and joking with Barrows about the lack of receivers at the workouts.

I’ve rarely seen Smith so relaxed and settled in his role out front, and yes, he sees the irony of him getting to this place just as the 49ers have drafted his expected replacement, Colin Kaepernick (who was in attendance but not running after having recent minor surgery on his leg).

The team doesn’t have many signed WRs on the roster, Smith pointed out.

But Alex, you’re not signed or on the roster, either, I said.

“Good point,

[h2][/h2]
[h2]Alex Smith on his return to the 49ers, putting westcoastsfinest on suicide watch Harbaugh, the workouts, and his future[/h2]

-Got down to see a handful of 49ers players working out today–in a bit of rain–and it was notable to see Alex Smith taking such a strong leadership role.

Afterwards, he talked expansively to Dan Brown, Matt Barrows and me,  addressing all the relevant issues, talking about his inevitable return to the team, and joking with Barrows about the lack of receivers at the workouts.

I’ve rarely seen Smith so relaxed and settled in his role out front, and yes, he sees the irony of him getting to this place just as the 49ers have drafted his expected replacement, Colin Kaepernick (who was in attendance but not running after having recent minor surgery on his leg).

“Good point,

-Q: So you’re on the phone with Crabtree, all those guys, hey get out here?

-SMITH: All of them. Every single one.

-Q: You’ve talked to Crabtree?

-SMITH: I’ve called Crabtree, yeah.

-Q: Why isn’t he here?

-SMITH: Great question. Asking the wrong guy, honestly.

c'mon crabtree, $%!

http://twitter.com/#!/RosenhausSports
@RosenhausSports Drew Rosenhaus

I watched Frank Gore work out and he is 100% healthy and fully recovered from his hip injury. He's never looked better!

http://twitter.com/#!/RosenhausSports/status/74270571520737280

-Q: So you’re on the phone with Crabtree, all those guys, hey get out here?

-SMITH: All of them. Every single one.

-Q: You’ve talked to Crabtree?

-SMITH: I’ve called Crabtree, yeah.

-Q: Why isn’t he here?

-SMITH: Great question. Asking the wrong guy, honestly.

c'mon crabtree, $%!

http://twitter.com/#!/RosenhausSports
@RosenhausSports Drew Rosenhaus

I watched Frank Gore work out and he is 100% healthy and fully recovered from his hip injury. He's never looked better!

http://twitter.com/#!/RosenhausSports/status/74270571520737280

Originally Posted by acidicality

[h2][/h2]

“Good point,

Originally Posted by acidicality

[h2][/h2]

“Good point,

Back
Top Bottom