Official 2012 San Francisco 49ers Offseason Thread

Originally Posted by acidicality

https://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter
@AdamSchefter Adam Schefter

Steve Young is pointing to 49ers as potential landing spot for Matthew Hasselbeck. "I think he going to San Francisco," Young said on ESPN.
Hasselbeck, Smith, and Kaepernick as the 3 QBs doesn't sound bad.

When did he tweet this?  NFLN said this morning that it was all but official he will be going to Tennessee.

And GSDOUBLEU......is Matt Hasselbeck and upgrade over ALex Smith?  Are you kidding?  There are very few starting QBs that arent upgrades over ALex. 

Originally Posted by acidicality

https://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter
@AdamSchefter Adam Schefter

Steve Young is pointing to 49ers as potential landing spot for Matthew Hasselbeck. "I think he going to San Francisco," Young said on ESPN.
Hasselbeck, Smith, and Kaepernick as the 3 QBs doesn't sound bad.

When did he tweet this?  NFLN said this morning that it was all but official he will be going to Tennessee.

And GSDOUBLEU......is Matt Hasselbeck and upgrade over ALex Smith?  Are you kidding?  There are very few starting QBs that arent upgrades over ALex. 

A few hours ago...apparently Steve Young was talking about it on NFL Live

He isn't a huge upgrade over Alex Smith, but at the very least he brings in decent competition for him. I'd much rather have a guy like him mentoring Kaepernick than Alex Smith.

A few hours ago...apparently Steve Young was talking about it on NFL Live

He isn't a huge upgrade over Alex Smith, but at the very least he brings in decent competition for him. I'd much rather have a guy like him mentoring Kaepernick than Alex Smith.

I posted about it in the Warriors thread
laugh.gif
...I'd be down for one again. Let's see how many people we have and go from there.

The lockout is over, and now begins the process of NFL teams piecing together their 90-man rosters.
The 49ers were busy Monday lining up contract agreements with undrafted free agents. Here is a partial list of the players with whom they reached agreements:

Undrafted rookies
--C Chase Beeler (6-3, 285) Stanford -- All-American center gave the 49ers offensive players a helping hand during playbook study sessions at San Jose State.
--WR Tyler Beiler (6-0, 190) Bridgewater (Va.) -- Dominated at the Division III level with 61 receptions for 1,342 yards with 16 touchdowns as a senior. Turned in a 4.39 seconds in the 40-yard dash to go along with a 40.5 vertical leap.
--WR Dontavia Bogan (6-0, 190) South Florida -- Had 46 catches for 673 yards and six touchdowns as a senior. Played for current 49ers linebackers coach Jim Leavitt.
--DE Demarcus Dobbs (6-2, 280) Georgia -- Earned one of the coaches' leadership awards on defense. Started 10 games with 28 tackles and 15 quarterback pressures.
--OL Donovan Edwards (6-4, 294) Cal -- Graduate of Pinole Valley High, he played 34 games and made 18 starts all at right tackle during his career with the Golden Bears.
--OT Derek Hall (6-4, 308) Stanford -- Named honorable-mentional All-Pac-10 while starting all 13 games at right tackle.
--WR Joe Hastings (6-0, 190) Washburn -- Rolled up eight 100-yard receiving games in his final season. He finished with Washburn single-season records of 87 receptions and 1,546 receiving yards.
--WR Chris Hogan (6-2, 220) Monmouth -- Former lacrosse player at Penn State played one year as a receiver and cornerback. He had 12 receptions with three TDs and three interceptions. He caught the attention of teams with a time of 4.47 seconds in the 40-yard dash.
--QB Jeremiah Masoli (5-11, 224) Mississippi -- San Francisco native led Oregon to the Rose Bowl, but was dismissed from the team after couple run-ins with the law. He transferred to Ole Miss for his final year. Masoli attended the 49ers' local pro day in April.
--DT Sealver Siliga (6-2, 305) Utah -- Declared for the draft after being a two-time honorable mention all-conference selection. He started 21 of his 37 games, and finished last season with 29 tackles and 1.5 sacks.
--OT Kenny Wiggins (6-6, 314) Fresno State -- First team All-WAC selection required shoulder surgery, which kept him from working out prior to the draft. Has spent time during the lockout working on a raisin farm in the Fresno area.
--NT Ian Williams (6-1, 311) Notre Dame -- In nine games he 38 tackles and 1.5 sacks. He played against Stanford throughout his career, and said that experience of playing against Jim Harbaugh's team was beneficial. "Hopefully, I played well enough for Coach Harbaugh and their other coaches," Williams said. "It really helped me and my teammates get ready for the next level because they ran power, overload power, 'iso,' and that's what the NFL does. It really did get us ready."

Read more: Roster glance: 49ers begin adding undrafted rookies
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

I posted about it in the Warriors thread
laugh.gif
...I'd be down for one again. Let's see how many people we have and go from there.

The lockout is over, and now begins the process of NFL teams piecing together their 90-man rosters.
The 49ers were busy Monday lining up contract agreements with undrafted free agents. Here is a partial list of the players with whom they reached agreements:

Undrafted rookies
--C Chase Beeler (6-3, 285) Stanford -- All-American center gave the 49ers offensive players a helping hand during playbook study sessions at San Jose State.
--WR Tyler Beiler (6-0, 190) Bridgewater (Va.) -- Dominated at the Division III level with 61 receptions for 1,342 yards with 16 touchdowns as a senior. Turned in a 4.39 seconds in the 40-yard dash to go along with a 40.5 vertical leap.
--WR Dontavia Bogan (6-0, 190) South Florida -- Had 46 catches for 673 yards and six touchdowns as a senior. Played for current 49ers linebackers coach Jim Leavitt.
--DE Demarcus Dobbs (6-2, 280) Georgia -- Earned one of the coaches' leadership awards on defense. Started 10 games with 28 tackles and 15 quarterback pressures.
--OL Donovan Edwards (6-4, 294) Cal -- Graduate of Pinole Valley High, he played 34 games and made 18 starts all at right tackle during his career with the Golden Bears.
--OT Derek Hall (6-4, 308) Stanford -- Named honorable-mentional All-Pac-10 while starting all 13 games at right tackle.
--WR Joe Hastings (6-0, 190) Washburn -- Rolled up eight 100-yard receiving games in his final season. He finished with Washburn single-season records of 87 receptions and 1,546 receiving yards.
--WR Chris Hogan (6-2, 220) Monmouth -- Former lacrosse player at Penn State played one year as a receiver and cornerback. He had 12 receptions with three TDs and three interceptions. He caught the attention of teams with a time of 4.47 seconds in the 40-yard dash.
--QB Jeremiah Masoli (5-11, 224) Mississippi -- San Francisco native led Oregon to the Rose Bowl, but was dismissed from the team after couple run-ins with the law. He transferred to Ole Miss for his final year. Masoli attended the 49ers' local pro day in April.
--DT Sealver Siliga (6-2, 305) Utah -- Declared for the draft after being a two-time honorable mention all-conference selection. He started 21 of his 37 games, and finished last season with 29 tackles and 1.5 sacks.
--OT Kenny Wiggins (6-6, 314) Fresno State -- First team All-WAC selection required shoulder surgery, which kept him from working out prior to the draft. Has spent time during the lockout working on a raisin farm in the Fresno area.
--NT Ian Williams (6-1, 311) Notre Dame -- In nine games he 38 tackles and 1.5 sacks. He played against Stanford throughout his career, and said that experience of playing against Jim Harbaugh's team was beneficial. "Hopefully, I played well enough for Coach Harbaugh and their other coaches," Williams said. "It really helped me and my teammates get ready for the next level because they ran power, overload power, 'iso,' and that's what the NFL does. It really did get us ready."

Read more: Roster glance: 49ers begin adding undrafted rookies
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

Back
Top Bottom