laugh.gif

Doubt that's going to happen though.

Originally Posted by acidicality

Yes it was
pimp.gif
, did it on purpose to piss you off
laugh.gif
well, congrats. you've done your job. 
we were too focused on trying keep that impotent qb instead of making sure spikes stayed. 

Originally Posted by acidicality

Yes it was
pimp.gif
, did it on purpose to piss you off
laugh.gif
well, congrats. you've done your job. 
we were too focused on trying keep that impotent qb instead of making sure spikes stayed. 

Originally Posted by Deuce King

It is absolutely comical how many posters are pro-ALex Smith.

They shouldn't even be allowed to have access until they stop supporting Alex Smith. 

I don't support Smith but I do support bringing him back on a 1 year deal. As long as this move is to give CK some bench time to learn the O and get some playing time around week 8 when we're out of the playoff race.

Honestly 9ers were in a hard place this year w/ mostly "has beens" & "never beens" QBs in free agency, falling back on what you know for a year aint that bad IMO.

BUT...if CK doesn't get some playing time near the end or they start that long term deal talk crap w/ Smith I'm gonna have to rethink my 9er loyalty

Originally Posted by Deuce King

It is absolutely comical how many posters are pro-ALex Smith.

They shouldn't even be allowed to have access until they stop supporting Alex Smith. 

I don't support Smith but I do support bringing him back on a 1 year deal. As long as this move is to give CK some bench time to learn the O and get some playing time around week 8 when we're out of the playoff race.

Honestly 9ers were in a hard place this year w/ mostly "has beens" & "never beens" QBs in free agency, falling back on what you know for a year aint that bad IMO.

BUT...if CK doesn't get some playing time near the end or they start that long term deal talk crap w/ Smith I'm gonna have to rethink my 9er loyalty

Originally Posted by EAGLE 0N

Baas signed to the NYG 
damn that's super weak on the part of the 49ers as the OL is/was already crap and now it has gotten even worse.

Originally Posted by EAGLE 0N

Baas signed to the NYG 
damn that's super weak on the part of the 49ers as the OL is/was already crap and now it has gotten even worse.

[h1]Report: 49ers are Jets’ main competition in Nnamdi Asomugha sweepstakes[/h1]
Posted by Michael David Smith on July 27, 2011, 12:03 PM EDT

asomughanov28getty-e1304804653216.jpg
Getty Images
Nnamdi Asomugha may be staying in the Bay Area.

Although the conventional wisdom that the Jets are working hard to land Asomugha remains in place, there’s a new competitor to the Jets in the competition for Asomugha’s services: The San Francisco 49ers.

Michael Lombardi of NFL Network reports that the Jets’ main competition for Asomugha right now is San Francisco, and the 49ers are in it strong.

The Houston Texans are also still in the mix, and it’s entirely possible that there’s a surprise entrant in the Asomugha sweepstakes will make an appearance. But right now, San Francisco is apparently looking like a good destination.

Adding Asomugha, the ex-Raiders cornerback who’s widely viewed as the top prize in all of free agency, would be a huge coup for the 49ers.

[h1]Report: 49ers are Jets’ main competition in Nnamdi Asomugha sweepstakes[/h1]
Posted by Michael David Smith on July 27, 2011, 12:03 PM EDT

asomughanov28getty-e1304804653216.jpg
Getty Images
Nnamdi Asomugha may be staying in the Bay Area.

Although the conventional wisdom that the Jets are working hard to land Asomugha remains in place, there’s a new competitor to the Jets in the competition for Asomugha’s services: The San Francisco 49ers.

Michael Lombardi of NFL Network reports that the Jets’ main competition for Asomugha right now is San Francisco, and the 49ers are in it strong.

The Houston Texans are also still in the mix, and it’s entirely possible that there’s a surprise entrant in the Asomugha sweepstakes will make an appearance. But right now, San Francisco is apparently looking like a good destination.

Adding Asomugha, the ex-Raiders cornerback who’s widely viewed as the top prize in all of free agency, would be a huge coup for the 49ers.

Asomugha signing with either the Jets or Niners
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I also heard the Jets are trying to get Randy Moss too, how do they have so much money to spend?

Namdi is a California kid though, Cal alum, and already lives in the area. I think we have a pretty damn good shot at this

Asomugha signing with either the Jets or Niners
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I also heard the Jets are trying to get Randy Moss too, how do they have so much money to spend?

Namdi is a California kid though, Cal alum, and already lives in the area. I think we have a pretty damn good shot at this

Originally Posted by Drizzyd

An incentive laden contract with little guarantee probably would be my guess.

The 49ers do not figure to re-sign nose tackle Aubrayo Franklin or outside linebacker Manny Lawson. Those players only return to the 49ers if they do not get much action on the free-agent market.
The 49ers are focused on re-signing defensive end Ray McDonald. Then, McDonald would start at left defensive end, and Isaac Sopoaga would move to nose tackle.

Aldon Smith was selected with the No. 7 overall pick to play outside linebacker.
Read more: Smith's grip on 49ers' QB job strengthens

Word is that veteran Olin Kreutz (Bears) is on 49ers' radar after they lost center David Baas.

Source tells CSN Bay Area that 49ers will release QB David Carr on Thurs at 1 pm. Carr was scheduled to take up $2.375 million in cap room.

https://twitter.com/MaioccoCSN/

The 49ers have agreed to a one-year deal with free agent center Tony Wragge, according to a league source.

http://twitter.com/#!/mattbarrows

Originally Posted by Drizzyd

An incentive laden contract with little guarantee probably would be my guess.

The 49ers do not figure to re-sign nose tackle Aubrayo Franklin or outside linebacker Manny Lawson. Those players only return to the 49ers if they do not get much action on the free-agent market.
The 49ers are focused on re-signing defensive end Ray McDonald. Then, McDonald would start at left defensive end, and Isaac Sopoaga would move to nose tackle.

Aldon Smith was selected with the No. 7 overall pick to play outside linebacker.
Read more: Smith's grip on 49ers' QB job strengthens

Word is that veteran Olin Kreutz (Bears) is on 49ers' radar after they lost center David Baas.

Source tells CSN Bay Area that 49ers will release QB David Carr on Thurs at 1 pm. Carr was scheduled to take up $2.375 million in cap room.

https://twitter.com/MaioccoCSN/

The 49ers have agreed to a one-year deal with free agent center Tony Wragge, according to a league source.

http://twitter.com/#!/mattbarrows

Let me get this straight......

We lost out on Takeo, Franklin, Baas and Lawson.

We resigned ALex and Wragge.

Frank Gore is expected to hold out.

FML!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Someone explain to me again why I renewed my season tickets?

mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom