Official 2012 San Francisco 49ers Offseason Thread

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Gore holding out?
laugh.gif

The Niners paid him after he had 1 good year despite the fact he had a history of knee injuries. You know what, let him. Kendall Hunter is the truth

Gore holding out?
laugh.gif

The Niners paid him after he had 1 good year despite the fact he had a history of knee injuries. You know what, let him. Kendall Hunter is the truth

Originally Posted by KingJames23

Originally Posted by Deuce King

It is absolutely comical how many posters are pro-ALex Smith.

They shouldn't even be allowed to have access until they stop supporting Alex Smith. 

For me it's confidence in Harbaugh than it is support of Alex. Harbaugh's track record speaks for itself. If he believes in Alex, I will.

You have confidence in a coach that has never won an NFL game? He might turn out to be a great NFL coach or he might suck.

It is absolutely comical how many posters are pro-ALex Smith.

They shouldn't even be allowed to have access until they stop supporting Alex Smith. 

For me it's confidence in Harbaugh than it is support of Alex. Harbaugh's track record speaks for itself. If he believes in Alex, I will.

You have confidence in a coach that has never won an NFL game? He might turn out to be a great NFL coach or he might suck.

Originally Posted by epox12

In evaluating and developing a QB? Yeah I do. Was spot on in his evaluations of Tony Romo, Joey Harrington, and David Garrard. The guy played the position for over a decade. Developed Josh Johnson from an athlete to a guy who should be starting in the NFL. Developed Andrew Luck into the best QB prospect since Peyton Manning.

So yeah I believe in his ability to coach and evaluate the QB position. That is his strength, if he can't do that, he shouldn't be coaching.

In evaluating and developing a QB? Yeah I do. Was spot on in his evaluations of Tony Romo, Joey Harrington, and David Garrard. The guy played the position for over a decade. Developed Josh Johnson from an athlete to a guy who should be starting in the NFL. Developed Andrew Luck into the best QB prospect since Peyton Manning.

So yeah I believe in his ability to coach and evaluate the QB position. That is his strength, if he can't do that, he shouldn't be coaching.

He got those QB's as young college players who were raw and ready to be developed, Alex Smith is 6 years in with a history of shoulder problems that limit the throws he can make and confidence issues that show in the most critical situations. I think he is too far gone to have any type of renaissance to his career. Harbaugh was a pro QB but he has never developed a QB on the pro level there is a big difference. Maybe he can do it, shoot I hope he can do it but Alex Smith is a bum and a lost cause imo.  

He got those QB's as young college players who were raw and ready to be developed, Alex Smith is 6 years in with a history of shoulder problems that limit the throws he can make and confidence issues that show in the most critical situations. I think he is too far gone to have any type of renaissance to his career. Harbaugh was a pro QB but he has never developed a QB on the pro level there is a big difference. Maybe he can do it, shoot I hope he can do it but Alex Smith is a bum and a lost cause imo.  

x2. At Stanford, he was also able to turn Tavita Pritchard and TC Ostrander (both beyond bums at QB) decent when they played. He got maximum potential out of them, i.e. when they beat USC when they were ranked #1. Just watching Stanford play, they didn't seem to play like a college team; they were very pro-style in the way they were coached and played...I really feel Harbaugh's coaching success will translate to the NFL, and I trust him with his QB intuition. Giving Alex a one-year deal is about right...if anyone can make Alex look decent again, it's a coach like Harbaugh.

x2. At Stanford, he was also able to turn Tavita Pritchard and TC Ostrander (both beyond bums at QB) decent when they played. He got maximum potential out of them, i.e. when they beat USC when they were ranked #1. Just watching Stanford play, they didn't seem to play like a college team; they were very pro-style in the way they were coached and played...I really feel Harbaugh's coaching success will translate to the NFL, and I trust him with his QB intuition. Giving Alex a one-year deal is about right...if anyone can make Alex look decent again, it's a coach like Harbaugh.

Back
Top Bottom