Official 2012 San Francisco 49ers Offseason Thread

Originally Posted by acidicality

SAN JOSE -- Quarterback Alex Smith will not wait long to officially re-join the 49ers, he said Monday.

When the NFL lockout officially lifts and he is allowed to sign a contract, he will return to the 49ers for a seventh season.

"I'm not going to wait for anything," he said. "I'm excited for this to start ... waiting for that opportunity.http://
"I'm sure it'll be pretty quick. I'm sure it'll move fast. It's pretty well set in stone, I think."

When asked if his expected one-year deal will have an option for a second season, Smith answered, "I'm not going to get into that stuff until it's officially signed."

Smith emerged as a 49ers leader this offseason, organizing get-togethers for offensive players to learn the new West Coast system playbook that coach Jim Harbaugh is bringing back to the 49ers.

"I felt like we made the most of a difficult situation," Smith said. "Especially on the offensive side, we tried to take advantage of the time and do what we could."

Read more: 49ers' deal with Alex Smith 'pretty well set in stone'
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

24MAY.jpg

Originally Posted by acidicality

SAN JOSE -- Quarterback Alex Smith will not wait long to officially re-join the 49ers, he said Monday.

When the NFL lockout officially lifts and he is allowed to sign a contract, he will return to the 49ers for a seventh season.

"I'm not going to wait for anything," he said. "I'm excited for this to start ... waiting for that opportunity.http://
"I'm sure it'll be pretty quick. I'm sure it'll move fast. It's pretty well set in stone, I think."

When asked if his expected one-year deal will have an option for a second season, Smith answered, "I'm not going to get into that stuff until it's officially signed."

Smith emerged as a 49ers leader this offseason, organizing get-togethers for offensive players to learn the new West Coast system playbook that coach Jim Harbaugh is bringing back to the 49ers.

"I felt like we made the most of a difficult situation," Smith said. "Especially on the offensive side, we tried to take advantage of the time and do what we could."

Read more: 49ers' deal with Alex Smith 'pretty well set in stone'
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

24MAY.jpg

I'm trying to think of a witty comment about the 49ers needing to release Clements but I can't.

Moral of the story: it needs to happen.

I'm trying to think of a witty comment about the 49ers needing to release Clements but I can't.

Moral of the story: it needs to happen.

Do any of you guys ever go on the forum of 49erswebzone? It is absolutely comical how many posters are pro-ALex Smith.

Do any of you guys ever go on the forum of 49erswebzone? It is absolutely comical how many posters are pro-ALex Smith.

not expecting anything big from the niners in FA.
yes, Clements needs to be cut. forget about the safetly switch. he'll just be overrated and overpaid at that position too.

FOOTTBALLL IS BACKKKKKKKKSGDKFBSIKAHAJDDIFBXKD

not expecting anything big from the niners in FA.
yes, Clements needs to be cut. forget about the safetly switch. he'll just be overrated and overpaid at that position too.

FOOTTBALLL IS BACKKKKKKKKSGDKFBSIKAHAJDDIFBXKD

Originally Posted by ii FLaSh ii

Lets do this, hopefully we arent silent during free agency... Anyone know how much under the cap we are?

I believe we are at 100 mil and the new cap is 120 right? So we have a nice amount of cash to spend if need be, it doesn't necessarily mean we need to spend it all this year but if we want to make some noise and contend for a divisional title then I think we need to make a move and acquire a defensive back and/or maybe even a solid veteran receiver.

On another note, I swear we've been on page 49 for the longest time.. I guess it's only right
pimp.gif

Lets do this, hopefully we arent silent during free agency... Anyone know how much under the cap we are?

I believe we are at 100 mil and the new cap is 120 right? So we have a nice amount of cash to spend if need be, it doesn't necessarily mean we need to spend it all this year but if we want to make some noise and contend for a divisional title then I think we need to make a move and acquire a defensive back and/or maybe even a solid veteran receiver.

On another note, I swear we've been on page 49 for the longest time.. I guess it's only right
pimp.gif

Just checking in as a lifelong 49ers fan who's excited that football is officially back. Anybody wanna guess how it will take before Alex Smith is replaced as a starter this season?

Just checking in as a lifelong 49ers fan who's excited that football is officially back. Anybody wanna guess how it will take before Alex Smith is replaced as a starter this season?

clements needs to get cut or take a serious paycut. he can remain at nickel if he wants, otherwise see ya later. i'm pretty sure he can't play safety seeing as how he gets burned playing man-to-man coverage and gets burned giving a 15 yard cushion.

clements needs to get cut or take a serious paycut. he can remain at nickel if he wants, otherwise see ya later. i'm pretty sure he can't play safety seeing as how he gets burned playing man-to-man coverage and gets burned giving a 15 yard cushion.

Originally Posted by Drizzyd

pimp.gif
We dont have any cap space really.  They need to signs their rookies and and a few of the FA's, that cap space is nothing. 

Originally Posted by Drizzyd

pimp.gif
We dont have any cap space really.  They need to signs their rookies and and a few of the FA's, that cap space is nothing. 

Back
Top Bottom