Official 2012 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (94-68) World Series Champions

Completely forgot about the game while watching football. I see I didnt miss much. :smh:

***EDIT**** Orrrrrrr I didnt miss ANYTHING. Just looked at the boxscore. SMFH

Last edited:
Blanco can't hit, but he needs to be in the field. Not like Nady is a major upgrade at the plate, anyways. This outfield is going to be a problem with this pitching staff giving up rockets.

Damn, Pagan is hitting the ball well and has nothing to show for it this series.

Cahill was solid early in this game and the umpire was calling everything a strike. He got every corner and sometimes you just have to tip your hat.

Belt is looking really good at the plate. He's finally hitting right-handlers now and if he can do that consistently, look out.

Padres winning right now. I'll :lol: if they lose again when the Giants lose...again.

Last edited:
Well the standings stand pat for another night. Thankfully....

Im worried in the next series with Tim and Zito pitching in the series....

Word. Go 1-2 at the very least and we're still up 3.5 games. But, I think we MUST win Friday. If we lose Friday the Dodgers are 3.5 back with two left in the series and they might smell blood. Win Friday we're up 5.5 and they're in survival mode.

Yeah, Friday's game is pretty big for a lot of reasons.

Timmy needs to have a good game for his sake and the starting pitching.

Being up 5 1/2 games vs 3 1/2 games, heading into the weekend would be huge.

If the Giants lose, that would be three straight loses at home and 4 straight loses to the Dodgers at home.

Let's play ball.

I don't care if you personally like the guy or not...I like to get your opinion on him as a ball player, though I do think you have difficulty being objective when you're hating a guy :lol:

I think his swing is coming around and he's learning, as a work in progress obviosuly, how to handle the inside pitch. It's still not easy, but at least there's signs of light.....

Wondering if Belt is growing on DLand in the slightest?

Growing on me?  Slightly.  Like the dude?  Nope. 

I expect more than 5 homeruns from a power position.

You got banned?

Anyways, I think the power is and will come. And to be fair, I've seen at least 5 balls that would be home runs anywhere else this year.

Called some dude an effing dip s*** and got hit with a warning. Not sure if I was actually banned for the day, but I used my brothers SN for the day anyway.

I don't care if you personally like the guy or not...I like to get your opinion on him as a ball player, though I do think you have difficulty being objective when you're hating a guy :lol:

I think his swing is coming around and he's learning, as a work in progress obviosuly, how to handle the inside pitch. It's still not easy, but at least there's signs of light.....

His swing is coming along. He is starting to fire his hands at the ball better, which is shortening the loop in his swing. His batting average with runners in scoring position is climbing, but his RISP with 2 outs is still abysmal.

Up until recently, his production has been very Pedro Feliz-esque. Never really hit when it counted. He has started to recently. I hope the trend continues, because I see massive improvements in his swing. Still not where it needs to be, but its getting better!

Back
Top Bottom