Official 2012 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (94-68) World Series Champions

so when the giants lose no one post here. oh ok you bandwagoners. smh

why would you want to post after a loss? do you not want to erase the memory of losing to the d bags?

only good thing concerning the giants today is the dodgers continuing to lose...

the 49er victory helped as well

Man, I really want Volgelsong to get it together. I DO NOT want to see Barry Zito starting a playoff game. :x

:x

:smh:

That dude is forever on blocked now....i wouldnt even have seen that nonsense posted if not for a quote.

I think we should skip his next start and give him a shot after that.

Dare I say Zeet earned a roster spot??

Gona head over to the park around 5. I still have the extra ticket if anyone's interested. Tryin to help a giants fan out

Talbert

People who think he deserves a playoff spot. :smh:

If he's on the roster, it means, unless they sweep, he will have a start. It would also mean it would @ Reds. Do people really want to see that? :x

He has had 6 career starts there and has pitched 31 innings, with a 6.10 ERA.

In regards to Volgelsong.

During Vogelsong’s slump, he’s actually striking out batters at higher rate and walking them at a lower rate compared to his previous work this year. His homerun rate is up slightly but it’s still in the area of very good. The main difference is his BABIP, which has ballooned to .411 during his hard times. His strikeout and walk rates are the main reason why I’m not in panic mode about Vogelsong’s past six starts. He’s still doing the things we want to see from a pitcher — limit contact, not walk hitters — but batters that have but the ball in play against them have usually found holes.

Last edited:
Well, I think it's contingent on who we take elsewhere and where/who we play.

Meaning, do we need to carry 1401 relivers or take Zito and consider him a long relief guy to save the pen should Timmy get lit up (god forbid).

Man, I really want Volgelsong to get it together. I DO NOT want to see Barry Zito starting a playoff game. :x
:x
:smh:

rather have zitos swaggerific confidence flowing through him than vogeys stinking up the place the past 5 starts.

Just so you guys know, thanks to the new platform we now have the ability to block specific users from individual threads.

So, if someone is trolling an official season thread like this one (e.g. "ricerocket'), just use the report feature to bring it to our attention and we can bounce them from the thread.  

For those who aren't aware:  it's fine to engage in some friendly competitive banter and trash talk in GAME threads, series threads, or in league-wide threads.  Antagonizing fans of a given team in a thread created exclusively for fans of that team, however, is considered trolling.  

He's been on block for a while now so I really don't care. I just find it ironic that a guy who just recently started posting in an annual season thread is calling everyone bandwagoners.

i really hope volgelsong gets his groove back. The thought of zito pitching in the playoffs terrifies me. ...but then again...can we also get timmy back as well?

please please please get it together pitchers.

i really hope volgelsong gets his groove back. The thought of zito pitching in the playoffs terrifies me. ...but then again...can we also get timmy back as well?
please please please get it together pitchers.

Hard to believe that Tim has arguably been the best out of the group recently. But that's not saying much considering how inconsistent the starters have been during this stretch.

you guys too hard on zito :lol: i mean i know hes sucked badly the majority of the time hes been with the giants but you cannot deny hes been pitching well lately. the last 8 starts for zito and the giants are 8-0 i believe...

Yo bros, I had a question. For anybody who has sat in the lower box section, how many rows are under the overhang?

Last edited:
Depends the part of the park, but I think 10 rows along the baselines in some areas?

What Up is probably super bro'd out now in white/navy striples and blazers w/ gold buttons.

Call me crazy, but I have more confidence in Zito than Vogey OR Timmy right now. I know Timmy has been MUCH better recently, but over the course of the season, he has gotten bombed by EVERY good team he has faced (I dont consider the Dodgers to be a good team). Zito on the other hand has actually pitched substantially better against good teams than he has against bad ones this year.

Hopefully Timmy can become Timmy again, but as weird as it is to say, I have a lot of faith in Zeets.

I dont have the numbers in front of me but I think Zito has been outpitching the other 4 starters for a while now. I wouldn't have him as the #1 in the playoffs but I have him penciled in on the roster.

Bochy is pushing hard to win the west ASAP to get a good long rest :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom