Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Rank and golden boy will not work together so Canelo vs Cotto is out the window.

Cotto vs Martinez can happen with Lou Dibella. Though Sergio will get smaller paycheck maybe he agrees

The terms of Cottos deal with Top Rank are unclear. Some sources say it's for one fight, others say its for multiple fights.

Good to see Freddy get a W again after all those losses last year. I always pull for him being that my dad is also suffering from Parkinson's.

Last edited:
It was beautiful to see Cotto attack the body again.

He needed to have this fight before taking on world class talent again.

Move to Showtime. Try and beat Canelo, make a huge payday, and aim for Mayweather one more time.

And that was the point. His body work was vintage. Its about dam time.

He does that body work vs canelo and its another W.

It was beautiful to see Cotto attack the body again.

He needed to have this fight before taking on world class talent again.

Move to Showtime. Try and beat Canelo, make a huge payday, and aim for Mayweather one more time.

And that was the point. His body work was vintage. Its about dam time.

He does that body work vs canelo and its another W.

Exactly. That's why I'm a little stunned people are throwing this win out so easily. This wasn't about beating up a washed (that I'll somewhat agree with, VC) fighter. It was about looking better than the slow footed, head hunting Cotto from rounds 6-12 from the Trout fight. I think him showing signs of doing the work that he did as 140/early 147 Cotto was much more impressive than beating Delvin. The fact that he can go back to that and look good doing it is promising IMO.

BTW, Cotto is a promotional free agent I believe. He can fight anyone he chooses next.

Anyone here catch the Alvarado Provodnikov face off? Damn, Ruslan stare and quit demeanor... Reminds me of an assassin. Alvarado looked shook lol

Yeah as long as mike boxes him like what he did to rios during the rematch. Ruslan is pretty easy to hit . He took the middle rounds off during the Bradley fight too which cost him the decision. Alvarado Should take the decision.

cotto look good this weekend going to the body and attacking early. that's what he has to do at this point of his career since he gets tired in later rounds

cotto is a free agent and can fight on any channel or VS a golden boy or top rank fighter.

he really wants to move up to 160 now?

Didn't Cotto say GBP and TR would have to talk if they want him and Canelo to fight? Seems like he wants to work with TR.

Wish Cotto the best... He looked good this past weekend and motivated, always be one of my favorite fighters of all time.

Interested to see what Garcia does if he doesn't fight Floyd

Last edited:
Well when asked about future opponents ON HBO, Canelo and Sergio were mentioned. One of them is obviously with Showtime.

If Alvarado boxes like he did in the second fight vs Rios then he can win, but if he fights like the first Rios fight then Ruslan wins. It's a even fight imo.

I think a Marquez wins a decision vs Bradley this saturday. I'm not ordering the ppv though.

Cotto looked vintage and younger this past weekend.  Just wondering how much better he could have looked against Mayweather/Trout had Freddie come in sooner.  Rodriguez isn't the greatest but he's not the worst either, good placement test for Miguel.  At first I had a gut feeling Bradley would sneak another win against Marquez but reconsidering I think JMM will knock him out, for good this time.  Ruslan came one punch away but I think Marquez will finish it.  I'm picking Provodnikov to KO Alvarado.  My biggest "upset" pick in the next couple weeks is Rosado over Qullin.

^ I'm leaning the same way. Hopefully Bradley realizes his time is gonna be up soon. You never like hearing someone was slurring as recently as 3 months after a fight :smh:

^Yeah that's crazy, months after the fight and he still loses his balance and slurs his words smh. In all honesty the ref really should have stopped the fight in the 2nd round. Sure he won the fight but at what cost? He's got a wife and kids to take care of years after he retires. I just have a funny feeling Marquez may KO him a lot worse than he did Pacquiao if he decides to go to war with Marquez.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom