Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pac vs. Prov would be awesome, but it will never happened. But I got Pac winning if they were.

It still could. Wild Card gym stable mates have fought before. Pauli Malignagi was handled by Eric Brown and Senchencho (sp) was handled by Roach and the fighters would just come to the gym in separate times

Both Pacquiao and Provodnikov are trained by Roach.

Only reason Roach was not in his corner the night of the Alvarado fight was because he was in the Philippines training Pacquiao

Why did Clay-Face aka Shane Mosley cancel his fight vs Mundine in Australia? I read something about Shane was supposed to receive $1 Million the day before the fight but the promoters couldn't come up with the money so he left the country ..

Yea. He was promised $300m up front back when the fight was announced and when it didn't go through right away, they delayed the promotional tour. Then they promised to give him the full $1mm the Monday before the fight and according to them, it wasn't delivered.

The fact that they got someone to agree to those outrageous terms is laughable :lol: a win against Cano makes this dude a 7 figure fighter again? Against Mundine on a Wednesday? :lol: come on.

According to the Australian Daily Telegraph newspaper, the fight, to be carried on pay-per-view in Australia (as are all of Mundine's bouts), was going to be a commercial bust with it not coming close to an initially projected 80,000 pay-per-view buys. Also, the Daily Telegraph reported that only 1,500 of the 9,000 available tickets had been sold as of Sunday.

He definitely deserved a mill.

Damn only 1500 of 9000 tickets sold. I know Mosley is only fighting for the money now but I still want to see hom fight hope he can get big money fight at 147 maybe Danny Garcia like freaky suggested

I know you're a big fan of his Fresh but you still want to see him take punches from guys like Garcia?

I get he's hurting from the divorce but you gotta put health in front of that. He looks/sounds awful.

He is struggling with money and its not like he can earn money doing something else like commentary bc his speech impairment and bland personality. It's all up to him when he retires for his own safety. I'm just a big fan.

He has his son boxing now and he is involved in his career.

^ I hear ya. Is he still involved as a partner in GBP? I just don't wanna see the dude go out like Gatti or Freitas just taking an embarrassing beating.

Molina would have waxed Ortiz anyway. Besides, what in the hell did he deserve to not only be in a title fight...but in a title fight in a whole new division? :lol:

IBF is actually a stand up organization...well as stand up as they can be :lol:

IDK what they're talking about though, SK/Thurman should be a hell of a fight.

For those who don't know...

Mosley was just ordered to pay his soon-to-be ex-wife Jin Mosley a whopping $20,000 per month in support starting this month ... plus he's got to shell out an extra $60,000 for the past three months.

According to the docs, filed in L.A. County Superior Court, Jin claims she needs the cash to pay for several monthly expenses like:

-- Clothes .................................................. ..............$5,073
-- Jewelry .................................................. .............. $1,666
-- Cosmetics, beauty ........................................... $2,000
-- Massage therapist ........................................... $360
-- Personal trainer ................................................ $720

The couple was also ordered to sell their Southern California mansion ASAP so they can divvy up the cash from that deal.

Mosley did get one minor victory -- the judge ruled he's allowed to keep his 2006 H3.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/12/05/sugar...hter-sports-legal-documents-support-payments/

That witch is crazy, she even took his belts. :smh:

Goddamn what does she need the belts for? Does she box? What the **** did sugar Shane do in order to get this type of punishment?

Shane Mosley Wife Gets Championship Belts in Divorce

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2011/07/14/sugar...ip-belts-ex-wife-lawsuit-split/#ixzz2iWXI09Lp
Visit Fishwrapper: http://www.fishwrapper.com

TMZ has obtained Sugar Shane's divorce settlement documents and -- if you've been divorced -- we're betting his is a lot different.

The settlement provides that ex-wife Jin "shall maintain custody and control of three championship belts for each of the respective parties' three minor children." Each of the kids get a belt when they turn 18.

And Jin will get half of Sugar Shane's cut of profits from videotapes and DVDs of his big fights, including bouts with Oscar De La Hoya, Miguel Cotto and Fernando Vargas.

Since the divorce was filed in California and community property rules apply, Jin gets half of Sugar Shane's fight purses during their marriage. But luckily for Sugar, his big fight against Manny Pacquiao was held after the couple separated, so his $3 mil is his alone.

And get this ... the couple accumulated 854,410 American Express points during their marriage, and she gets half. To put that in perspective, for Jin's 427,205 points, she can buy either an industrial generator or a 10-speed bike.

She deserves to take half his punches. :smh:

Shane Mosley Wife Gets Championship Belts in Divorce

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2011/07/14/sugar...ip-belts-ex-wife-lawsuit-split/#ixzz2iWXI09Lp
Visit Fishwrapper: http://www.fishwrapper.com

TMZ has obtained Sugar Shane's divorce settlement documents and -- if you've been divorced -- we're betting his is a lot different.

The settlement provides that ex-wife Jin "shall maintain custody and control of three championship belts for each of the respective parties' three minor children." Each of the kids get a belt when they turn 18.

And Jin will get half of Sugar Shane's cut of profits from videotapes and DVDs of his big fights, including bouts with Oscar De La Hoya, Miguel Cotto and Fernando Vargas.

Since the divorce was filed in California and community property rules apply, Jin gets half of Sugar Shane's fight purses during their marriage. But luckily for Sugar, his big fight against Manny Pacquiao was held after the couple separated, so his $3 mil is his alone.

And get this ... the couple accumulated 854,410 American Express points during their marriage, and she gets half. To put that in perspective, for Jin's 427,205 points, she can buy either an industrial generator or a 10-speed bike.

She deserves to take half his punches. :smh:
shed be dead if she even took a tenth of his punches

i think raisig kids is hard but taking the belts? that's not right. that's reeeally messed up.

i would burn or sell it. i dont get why reggie bush gave up the trophy. i'd burn it and send the ashes

While looking at a few boxing channels on youtube and came across one stating that Manny had not taken any of his blood and urine tests and will not take any until he is in China, Brandon Rios has taken two supposedly. I do not know if there is any truth to this but seems a little weird. Any one hear of this? Is this normal procedure?

While looking at a few boxing channels on youtube and came across one stating that Manny had not taken any of his blood and urine tests and will not take any until he is in China, Brandon Rios has taken two supposedly. I do not know if there is any truth to this but seems a little weird. Any one hear of this? Is this normal procedure?
alex ariza was talking out his ***.

B-Hop is the main in AC. Kid Chocolate the co-main. Bronze Bomber on the card as well.

Hope, expect all three to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom