Official 2013 NFL Washington Diplomats SEASON Thread - Last Game 12/29 @ 1:00 PM vs. Giants

No joke Zo is easily one of my favorite Skins of all time. If we had a whole team of Lorenzo Alexanders we'd be in great shape. I'm not at all mad at him for leaving. He came in unheralded and worked his *** off to carve out a role and do whatever the team asked of him. He's been mostly a special teams ace so its not like he ever had a huge payday, and he's not young. If anyone's earned it, he has.

wish we could've kept 'Zo..so dissapointed :smh::smh::smh::smh:

glad to see him get his pay day though..he deserves it.

Wish Lorenzo nothing but the best, he's the definition of a team player and a class act. He was always out in the community helping others and gave 110% even through the terrible years we had here. Hail to you, Lorenzo.

Yeah the cap penalty definetly hurts. Being an optimist I'm looking at it as being somewhat of a blessing in disguise as perhaps it keeps Danny from dropping big money in the Free Agency market this offseason, although the last few years he has avoided that anyway. We all remember the last time the Skins won the division Danny thought we were close to being a super bowl contender and went over the deep end by signing every big name free agent there was that offseason (Deion Sanders, Bruce Smith, Mark Carrier, etc...).

I hope and pray the Skins continue to develop through the draft and acquire players that contribute now and for years to come. But I know that the cap hit may impact their ability to sign rookies especially the undrafted rookie free agents.

Last edited:
Wish Lorenzo nothing but the best, he's the definition of a team player and a class act. He was always out in the community helping others and gave 110% even through the terrible years we had here. Hail to you, Lorenzo.

QFT

I hope we some how figure out the money situation. Still reports we want Aqib Talib...hopefully he can stay out of the DC nightlife word to andre blatche. But no matter what we do in the off season....if RG3 isn't 100% healthy the season is a wash. (i know we all know this)

Just interviewed Zo today while he was down in the Bahamas... but our off air convo was much more interesting.

Dave Elfin also wrote about it in an article he did.

Apparently they made Zo an offer which wasnt the highest.. but enough to keep him in DC and two hours before he was due to sign... they lowered the offer.

I called up to the Park with some folks I know and it was confirmed and NO ONE around there is happy it happened BUT knowing they are about $5 Million under so they can sign draft picks.. the consensus was they should have kept this dude.

Im bias because we are boys but I also know while Zo wasnt a starter... he was a big part of the team and community... but the community part wont stop.

Just interviewed Zo today while he was down in the Bahamas... but our off air convo was much more interesting.

Dave Elfin also wrote about it in an article he did.

Apparently they made Zo an offer which wasnt the highest.. but enough to keep him in DC and two hours before he was due to sign... they lowered the offer.

I called up to the Park with some folks I know and it was confirmed and NO ONE around there is happy it happened BUT knowing they are about $5 Million under so they can sign draft picks.. the consensus was they should have kept this dude.

Im bias because we are boys but I also know while Zo wasnt a starter... he was a big part of the team and community... but the community part wont stop.

It's these cap penalties that are screwing everything up. Alexander should be a ******* for life. I can't believe the Skins are being penalized in this fashion. It's an absolute joke. Hurts even more when you lose not just good players...but good community guys as well.

Looks like it took place at Joesephine's. What was that a bottle of water he dumped on ol girl?

:smh:

Here's the backstory:

NFL star Fred Davis stood trial in Washington today, more than two years into a legal soap opera that has involved everything from an alleged celebrity "madam/pimpette" to a tight-end lawyer.

An attorney for Makini R. Chaka asked a DC Superior Court judge to grant her more than $350,000 in punitive damages from Davis, who she claimed assaulted her at Josephine Nightclub and Lounge in DC in 2011. Davis allegedly dumped juice on Chaka and threw the empty pitcher at her head, injuring her lip. Davis admits only throwing the juice on Chaka, and said he did so after she tossed a drink on him. "I was assaulted first," Davis insisted.

Chaka is demanding compensation for medical bills, emotional distress, and property damage. "My boots, which were suede, were damaged by the acid in the juice," said Chaka, a 34-year-old Baltimore woman.

Rest of Article in Link

I LOL'd when I read the part of that story where she said he had a thing for Asian chicks. I have on two separate occasions overheard Asian birds on the metro talking about going to/coming from partying with Fred Davis. :lol: One of them didn't even know what team he played for, or that the Skins were DC's team :smh:

:smh:

Rob Jackson - LB - ********
NFL suspended ******** OLB Rob Jackson four games.
It's unclear what for, but it's either a violation of the league's PED or substance-abuse policy. Jackson is eligible to participate in the ********' offseason program. It's a blow to a team already low on depth and unable to maneuver in free agency because of its crushing salary-cap penalties. Jackson was productive in place of an injured Ryan Kerrigan and Brian Orakpo last season, tallying 37 tackles, 4.5 sacks, four interceptions and two forced fumbles. Eligible to return in Week 5, he'll serve in a reserve role in 2013.

oh...and welcome

tumblr_m8cvgrQkNf1qar86bo1_400.jpg

EJ Biggers

Andrews: RG III is superhuman

Robert Griffin III's recovery from knee surgery has been "unbelievable," Dr. James Andrews told ESPN's Stephania Bell on Friday.

"I've been real mum on talking too much about RG III. He wants his recovery to be fairly private, but I can tell you he's way ahead of schedule. His recovery has been unbelievable so far," Andrews told ESPN.

Rest of Article in Link

Woooooooooooo!!

:pimp:

Last edited:
Freddy D is BACK

Free agent tight end Fred Davis spent his Thursday meeting with the Buffalo Bills. After his visit with the Bills, Davis, a 2008 second-round pick out of USC by the Washington ********, told the Buffalo media that he was going to meet with other teams and "see all his options".

Davis scrapped a scheduled visit with the New York Jets and was expected to decide between the Bills and ********. That decision did not take long as ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that Davis will sign a one-year deal to remain with the ********.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...signs-washington-********-123801167--nfl.html

He's BAAAAAAACK

DeAngelo Hall has agreed to return to the ******** on a one-year contract, the veteran cornerback said Monday night on 106.7 The Fan.

Link

Not mad at this...he actually had a pretty good year and put the cuffs on Dez. This is just a stop-gap until next season...then we get our cap $ back. :pimp:

Griffin expected to begin on-field running next week

Washington ******** quarterback Robert Griffin III is expected to receive clearance to resume running on the field within the next week, his father said. The details of Griffin’s rehabilitation had largely been kept under wraps aside from a few vague updates from Coach Mike Shanahan, orthopedic surgeon James Andrews and most recently, Griffin himself. Griffin was said to be “ahead of schedule,” by all three, and Andrews described the quarterback as “superhuman” in his recovery. But the extent of Griffin’s capabilities hadn’t been revealed. Robert Griffin Jr. on Monday, however, revealed exactly how far along his son was in his recovery. “He’s been running in the pool, and some on the treadmill,” he told The Post. “But they’re just about ready to take it out on the field.” Griffin tore the ACL, lateral collateral ligament and meniscus in his right knee during Washington’s Jan. 6 playoff loss to the Seattle Seahawks. He had surgery Jan. 9 to repair all three ligaments. By Feb. 2, when he accepted the rookie of the year award on the eve of the Super Bowl, he was walking without crutches. Griffin last week reiterated his goal of returning to the field by the start of the 2013 season, but he added that he wouldn’t risk a setback that could damage his career long-term.

All in for Week 1

:pimp:

He's BAAAAAAACK

DeAngelo Hall has agreed to return to the ******** on a one-year contract, the veteran cornerback said Monday night on 106.7 The Fan.

Link

Not mad at this...he actually had a pretty good year and put the cuffs on Dez. This is just a stop-gap until next season...then we get our cap $ back. :pimp:

Just heard this today....def glad he is back. And thanks to him for saving us money. We needed corner help and although he isn't the shut down corner of his wonder years he is more then serviceable for us.

Just heard this today....def glad he is back. And thanks to him for saving us money. We needed corner help and although he isn't the shut down corner of his wonder years he is more then serviceable for us.

This means the Skins can focus some of their draft decisions elsewhere. D.Hall is what he is...but the 1 year deal, considering all of the cap penalties, is a GREAT signing.

This means the Skins can focus some of their draft decisions elsewhere. D.Hall is what he is...but the 1 year deal, considering all of the cap penalties, is a GREAT signing.

First you do a great job with the news and updates :pimp:

I'm glad we got hall back. He seemed more focused at the end of last year. And we need the best CBs we can afford :lol:

First you do a great job with the news and updates :pimp:

I'm glad we got hall back. He seemed more focused at the end of last year. And we need the best CBs we can afford :lol:

Thanks, man...I appreciate it!

Truth be told, I think we're going to take a step back this year. I'm guessing 8-8 or 9-7. With the NFCE being what it is at the moment, that might be enough to WIN the division.

I 100% trust what the FO is trying to do. They're really handcuffed at the moment due to the penalties...but it's gonna be a new day once we can actually spend money. You can't help but to be optimistic about the direction of the franchise. We have some great pieces and most importantly...a franchise QB.

Back
Top Bottom