Official 2013 NFL Washington Diplomats SEASON Thread - Last Game 12/29 @ 1:00 PM vs. Giants

If DHall plays like he did at the end of the year and doesn't commit any dumb penalties to hurt us I'm cool with him.

Thanks, man...I appreciate it!

Truth be told, I think we're going to take a step back this year. I'm guessing 8-8 or 9-7. With the NFCE being what it is at the moment, that might be enough to WIN the division.

I 100% trust what the FO is trying to do. They're really handcuffed at the moment due to the penalties...but it's gonna be a new day once we can actually spend money. You can't help but to be optimistic about the direction of the franchise. We have some great pieces and most importantly...a franchise QB.

Being a life long Skins fan it's frustrating to finally see some light at the end of the tunnel of trash. Only to get handcuffed and have to put it in a stand still for a season.

But I'm on board with the FO too. People like to hate but once Mike and Bruce came things started to change in DC.

Being a life long Skins fan it's frustrating to finally see some light at the end of the tunnel of trash. Only to get handcuffed and have to put it in a stand still for a season.

But I'm on board with the FO too. People like to hate but once Mike and Bruce came things started to change in DC.

Yeah man...they had a serious misstep w/ McNabb, but they were sold a lemon. Other than that, they've been solid in totally gutting the roster and actually fielding a team with depth. It's only going to get better. We'll have a minor hurdle to get over this season...after that, IT'S ON. :pimp:

Anyone have insight on this? Just read on roto we are expected to sign him. Kick returns? WR?

3rd QB since we're letting Grossman walk...just my guess.

He's a sick athlete and could probably run some variation of the pistol (Grossman couldn't) if need be. I wouldn't rule out the team adding a 4th QB to go in competition with White, tho.

3rd QB since we're letting Grossman walk...just my guess.

He's a sick athlete and could probably run some variation of the pistol (Grossman couldn't) if need be. I wouldn't rule out the team adding a 4th QB to go in competition with White, tho.
Wow didn't know there was a skins thread over here!
Why would we go after another qb we already have a stud starter and backup?
I doubt cousins will be traded we will want premium for him and with that terrible cap we just gotta get players on the cheap.
Pat white is rg3 insurance at most
Hail.

Last edited:
Wow didn't know there was a skins thread over here!
Why would we go after another qb we already have a stud starter and backup?
I doubt cousins will be traded we will want premium for him and with that terrible cap we just gotta get players on the cheap.
Pat white is rg3 insurance at most
Hail.

Welcome, bro! Hope you post in here more often.

I was just reading that Pat White was signed to help with the pistol reps during OTAs. Makes sense to me. Obviously, RG3 can't do it (neither can Cousins), but having a guy out there who can run that offense to a slight degree will only help our defense as they prep for other teams.

Pat White making the 53 is no lock.

Welcome, bro! Hope you post in here more often.

I was just reading that Pat White was signed to help with the pistol reps during OTAs. Makes sense to me. Obviously, RG3 can't do it (neither can Cousins), but having a guy out there who can run that offense to a slight degree will only help our defense as they prep for other teams.

Pat White making the 53 is no lock.
True. Already had him sketched in since he could run the system. Glad we also got d hall back on the cheap. Looking forward to this year and ill be posting here more often :smile:

Yea I will be posting more often this season too. Especially now that NT has gone mobile.
:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

I don't have to be sitting at a computer to complain when D.Hall gets caught looking into the backfield :smh: :lol:

Don't we need a safety or are they gonna try biggers? Sexy rexy.... I guess cousins move is inevitable

Thanks, man...I appreciate it!

Truth be told, I think we're going to take a step back this year. I'm guessing 8-8 or 9-7. With the NFCE being what it is at the moment, that might be enough to WIN the division.

I 100% trust what the FO is trying to do. They're really handcuffed at the moment due to the penalties...but it's gonna be a new day once we can actually spend money. You can't help but to be optimistic about the direction of the franchise. We have some great pieces and most importantly...a franchise QB.

Yeah I agree, I hope the Skins can nail their draft picks this year and make them count. Lord willing the Skins picks in this year draft can contribute at a high level and stay healhty. Also, hopefully our rookies from last year will improve and we get some improved play from the players we lost to injury last year like Orakpo, Merriweather, etc and the rest of the team stays healthy. Also, maybe if Tanard Jackson stays out of trouble the Skins cant get some production out of him as well.

Last edited:
Despite the cap penalties, the Skins didn't have as bad of an offseason as people may think. This is a MUST read!!!

The ******** never stop trying to improve. I don't know if every organization works this way, but the only time that you can truly let your guard down a little bit is when you know that Mike Shanahan is on vacation.

Even then, players can always do something and rumors can always send you on a wild goose chase.

Wednesday was a day where the ******** were on the front burner. For many reasons. Some that are now complete, and some that are very much still in progress.

The ******** appear to have been able to retain not only a overwhelming part of their core, but also have been able to add to it. Washington will very likely not bring back starting free safety Madieu Williams. ESPN 980 had first reported that news a few weeks ago. If that situation remains, the ******** will have been able to retain 21 of 22 starters.

They lost their special teams captain, Lorenzo Alexander and risked losing DeAngelo Hall. However to think that they could bring back Kory Lichtensteiger, Tyler Polumbus, Darrel Young, Logan Paulsen, Nick Sundberg, Sav Rocca, Bryan Kehl, Chris Baker, Rex Grossman and Hall after releasing him would have required you to have 3-D rose colored glasses on while pounding burgundy and gold kool-aid down your throat and yet the ******** accomplished just that.

Think about it. The ********, with an 18 million dollar salary cap hit were able to retain all but one starter and their special teams captain while at least for now, not mortgaging any of the future. They lost more assistant coaches (Danny Smith and Ike Hilliard) than they did starters from the 2012 NFC Eastern Division Championship team.

******** Reloading

Anyone else still gonna sing httr at the games and wear the ******** logo proudly even if they change our team name?

Peacemakers just doesn't cut it... A football team named the peacemakers?

Anyone else still gonna sing httr at the games and wear the ******** logo proudly even if they change our team name?

Peacemakers just doesn't cut it... A football team named the peacemakers?

As much debate as this is getting, I highly doubt they'll change the team name.

If they ever changed the team name. I would seriously consider not watching football anymore. :smh:

I hope you're exagerrating.

If (when, really) they change their names, I think it will be for the better.

Besides, Washington Warriors dont sound that bad. Considering we can keep the Spear and all that and just remove the Face. It will work out fine in the end.

I hope you're exagerrating.

If (when, really) they change their names, I think it will be for the better.

Besides, Washington Warriors dont sound that bad. Considering we can keep the Spear and all that and just remove the Face. It will work out fine in the end.

I understand why people feel how they feel about the name.

But it just wouldn't feel right. I honestly don't know what I would do. But if they changed the name I know I wouldn't be happy about it.

And that name is Trash. I'm a skins fan, always been a skins fan. I don't want the name change.

I understand why people feel how they feel about the name.

But it just wouldn't feel right. I honestly don't know what I would do. But if they changed the name I know I wouldn't be happy about it.

And that name is Trash. I'm a skins fan, always been a skins fan. I don't want the name change.
Hail to the Warriors just doesn't sound right. I agree with you.

5 primetime games for us this year. Pretty tough schedule too.

Not a fan of the early bye week... I guess a good thing is that we have a thursday night game in early november and if we get that W against the vikings, that could be considered a mini bye week for us...

Back
Top Bottom