Official 2013 NFL Washington Diplomats SEASON Thread - Last Game 12/29 @ 1:00 PM vs. Giants

Not sure how to feel about this pick. Will either turn out to be a great one or a major disappointment IMO. If he didn't gamble so much and bite on double moves I'd feel better, hopefully Raheem can coach him up a little bit. He's definitely got the size and measurables to be a great CB but I'm not gonna get my hopes up too high.

Not sure how to feel about this pick. Will either turn out to be a great one or a major disappointment IMO. If he didn't gamble so much and bite on double moves I'd feel better, hopefully Raheem can coach him up a little bit. He's definitely got the size and measurables to be a great CB but I'm not gonna get my hopes up too high.

A lot of people are projecting him to move to FS....

Love this pick.

3rd Round....Jordan Reed

512x.jpg

A lot of people are projecting him to move to FS....

I read that chatter. Depending on his mindset I could see him being a better fit at FS physically/skillwise.

I like the Reed pick too. We needed a TE and he's a very versatile guy who is a GREAT system fit with our offense and will allow us to put him all over the field. Wouldn't be shocked if we use him as the pitchman a la what the Pats did with Hernandez and we did with Banks.

I read that chatter. Depending on his mindset I could see him being a better fit at FS physically/skillwise.

I like the Reed pick too. We needed a TE and he's a very versatile guy who is a GREAT system fit with our offense and will allow us to put him all over the field. Wouldn't be shocked if we use him as the pitchman a la what the Pats did with Hernandez and we did with Banks.

Yeah man...more weapons for RGIII.

Davis, while healed from his injury, is a misstep away from being suspended for the season. I like Paulsen as a blocker, but he's not going to stretch the field by way of his speed. Niles Paul is a work in progress and could be the odd man out here.

Shanahan said that he envisions Reed lined up at WR at times.

This is copying what the Pats do with Hernandez. I aint even mad :lol:

For rounds 4-7, they should just go for BPA. Amerson I'm kinda on the fence with....but I love the Reed pick.

Overall, not a bad draft for the Skins. They addressed some huge needs and hopefully some of these guys will help to strengthen the secondary. Here are the highlight vids of the guys we took in rounds 4-7:

Phillip Thomas, SS - Round 4

Chris Thompson, RB - Round 5

Brandon Jenkins, OLB/DE - Round 5 (no current highlights...these are from his jr. year)

Bacarri Rambo, SS - Round 6 (STEAL!!!)

Jawan Jamison, RB - Round 7

*Either Thomas or Rambo will be one of our starters when the season starts.

I think both Helu/Royster are done.

Gonna roll w. Morris, Thompson, and Jamison.

That's power and A LOT of speed

:pimp:

I think I'm most excited about what Jordan Reed will do in the offense.

^Helu was good when healthy, but that hasn't been the case for awhile. I never liked Royster at all; he's slow and weak and I was honestly surprised he stuck around as long as he did. I will be severely disappointed if Thompson and Jamison don't overtake him. I read where Jamison declared early for financial reasons and his mom has breast cancer. Definitely pulling for him to make the roster.

In watching Shanny's PC after the draft he sounded very pleased with how it went. I dunno if he was just giving coach speak or what but the smile on his face makes me think he is pretty confident he got some playmakers. I do think they were planning on getting Terrance Williams in the 3rd if the Bums hadn't taken him but who knows.

Last edited:
You bastards better treat CT and B. Jenk well.

Rambo needs to learn to put the weed down.

Last edited:
You bastards better treat CT and B. Jenk well.

Rambo needs to learn to put the weed down.

:lol:

CT will probably be the 2nd or 3rd RB (and see work on kickoffs)

Jenkins will be taking Lorenzo Alexander's place on ST.

Outside of Amerson - I really like the draft for the Skins.

Your DB coach(es) must believe he(they) can work miracles. Amerson was 3 levels below horrible this year.

If he can work said miracle, then it's a great pick.

Last edited:
Your DB coach(es) must believe he(they) can work miracles. Amerson was 3 levels below horrible this year.

If he can work said miracle, then it's a great pick.

You don't have to tell me :lol:

Going into the draft, he was the one guy who I didn't want them to waste a 2nd round pick on. My dude Blidi Wreh-Wilson was right there (as well as other DBs) and they passed on him. Since he bites on double moves so much, Amerson might just fit in this defense really well :lol:

I really think that Rambo will be the starter at FS this year with Meriweather getting the job at SS. Also, I think Tanard Jackson is still in the plans of the team :lol: Rah Morris loves him :lol:

D hall may play safety with Raheem you never know which dbs will play where but its lookin good regardless. And shanny just loves to draft late round rbs it's like an addiction lol

Wasn't Jenkins hyped as one of the next great FSU DE? Did he really fall off the map like that just cus of a Lisfranc injury? He looks good on tape...

Also I would have bet like $50 that dude was named Kris Thompson with a K. :lol: Dunno why. When I saw the pick I was like "Hah they spelled his name wrong. " Then after reading more articles and realizing I was wrong I was like (insert weebay.GIF here).

Thanks for the vids JJs

I like our safety choices. A little skeptic about Amerson. Looks and sounds like he might have D. Hall syndrome....jump the short routes get beat deep a lot.

Wasn't Jenkins hyped as one of the next great FSU DE? Did he really fall off the map like that just cus of a Lisfranc injury? He looks good on tape...

It wasn't hype it was due to his production & he fell because of the injury and his workouts . he tailed off (Sack wise) a little his jr year (Tank Carradie & Werner had s little to do
W/ that + more double teams) but he also put on lots of weight on an effort to bulk & be better vs the run. he didnt have the same electric burst he had his soph year. Had he played this season he would have been a 1st/2nd rounder easy he finally regained his burst from his soph year coupled w/ the added size

^I see. Yea I didn't mean to imply that he was overhyped, I knew he was a legit player from watching him. I just meant prior to his injury you heard his name all the time and then after he went down it was just Tank and Werner. I forgot he was even in the draft til we took him. If he can come all the way back from the injury and stay healthy he will be a STEAL. Same with Thompson.

6'3"... with speed.  That's why he got 13 picks in 2011.  I hope they scheme for him to have a safety over the top and free him up for taking risks... a few long plays will be worth the extra turnovers. 

m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2013/05/10/dan-snyder-well-never-change-the-name/

:pimp: :pimp: Dat Snyder arrogance.

Back
Top Bottom