Official 2013 NFL Washington Diplomats SEASON Thread - Last Game 12/29 @ 1:00 PM vs. Giants

Come on champ, let's not be naive to the history within the country and how certain groups have been discriminated against. Certain groups were never really okay with going along with the program so to speak with certain matters in this country. 

Also, the reason.........or one of the reasons why this is has even gone on for as long as it has is because a vast majority have the MINDSET that Native Americans represent a small percentage within this country.  Or as my boy DoubleJ's put it, "it's a ridiculously tiny %.".  Which is another issue and topic entirely onto itself.   

I'm not saying your wrong. And like I said I understand we're are coming from. But it's not happening its to late. And the fact that you have Native Americans coming out and saying its bit a big deal. Is really hurting your argument.

But it's cool, we are and forever will be the ********. Your a 9ers fan so see you in that NFC championship game. Unless Kap has an average year like I think he will. :lol:

Last edited:
Come on champ, let's not be naive to the history within the country and how certain groups have been discriminated against. Certain groups were never really okay with going along with the program so to speak with certain matters in this country. 

Also, the reason.........or one of the reasons why this is has even gone on for as long as it has is because a vast majority have the MINDSET that Native Americans represent a small percentage within this country.  Or as my boy DoubleJ's put it, "it's a ridiculously tiny %.".  Which is another issue and topic entirely onto itself.   

I'm not saying your wrong. And like I said I understand we're are coming from. But it's not happening its to late. And the fact that you have Native Americans coming out and saying its bit a big deal. Is really hurting your argument.

I'm guessing you meant to say "saying it's not a big deal"  If so, to that I say there are some Native Americans that say it's a big deal, and some say it's not a big deal.  As it stands now, there is more of a movement within the Native American community to change the name than to keep it as is.
But it's cool, we are and forever will be the ********. Your a 9ers fan so see you in that NFC championship game. Unless Kap has an average year like I think he will.
laugh.gif
We don't even have to wait that long champ, November 25th 2013 at Fed Ex..............and I will be IN the building
happy.gif
.  As for your last comment, make no mistake, there is and won't be anything average about Kaep this year at all.  It's going to be more of the same and alot of it.  As for RGIII, I do hope he has a speedy recovery and is up to the job cause he's going to have alot of problems on his hands on 11/25.  Hell, it could be alot of Skins fans with problems on their hands that day as well. "We got now, we don't care who got next"

I'm guessing you meant to say "saying it's not a big deal"  If so, to that I say there are some Native Americans that say it's a big deal, and some say it's not a big deal.  As it stands now, there is more of a movement within the Native American community to change the name than to keep it as is.

We don't even have to wait that long champ, November 25th 2013 at Fed Ex..............and I will be IN the building :D .  As for your last comment, make no mistake, there is and won't be anything average about Kaep this year at all.  It's going to be more of the same and alot of it.  As for RGIII, I do hope he has a speedy recovery and is up to the job cause he's going to have alot of problems on his hands on 11/25.  Hell, it could be alot of Skins fans with problems on their hands that day as well. "We got now, we don't care who got next"

You one of them guys from the area that didn't want to like the Skins or the Cowboys so you picked the 9ers :lol: I know all about guys like you.

See you 11/25 homie.

We don't even have to wait that long champ, November 25th 2013 at Fed Ex..............and I will be IN the building
happy.gif
.  As for your last comment, make no mistake, there is and won't be anything average about Kaep this year at all.  It's going to be more of the same and alot of it.  As for RGIII, I do hope he has a speedy recovery and is up to the job cause he's going to have alot of problems on his hands on 11/25.  Hell, it could be alot of Skins fans with problems on their hands that day as well. "We got now, we don't care who got next"

See you 11/25 homie.
See you then champ.  "The gat's by your liver........your upper lip quiver"

Last edited:
I'm hyped for that Kaep/RGIII matchup! San Fran's D is scary though...too early to make predictions about that game now though since the season hasn't even started yet.

I'm hyped for that Kaep/RGIII matchup! San Fran's D is scary though...too early to make predictions about that game now though since the season hasn't even started yet.

It never too early!!!

:lol:

Honestly I'm just hoping for a good year.

I think every game is winnable for this team if we stay healthy, of course we can't predict that and obviously it's not likely that we'll go 16-0. However, this is the most excited I've been about a ******** season in awhile :smokin I was hyped for last year just cause of the arrival of RGIII, but I didn't think we'd be as good as we were.

I can't wait to see what Jordan Reed and Chris Thompson can do for the offense.

I think every game is winnable for this team if we stay healthy, of course we can't predict that and obviously it's not likely that we'll go 16-0. However, this is the most excited I've been about a ******** season in awhile :smokin I was hyped for last year just cause of the arrival of RGIII, but I didn't think we'd be as good as we were.

I can't wait to see what Jordan Reed and Chris Thompson can do for the offense.

What about this Rambo guy? Heard he might be a steal.

And I also think if we can somehow stay healthy, we can make noise.

Chris Thompson AMA on reddit

Dre - the Shanahan's are VERY high on CT. I have no doubt he'll be the #2 RB on the depth chart this year. I can't wait to see him make that one cut and explode up the field.

Jamison is gonna battle it out w/ Helu. My gut tells me that Jamison will be on the practice squad - assuming he isn't claimed off of waivers.

What about this Rambo guy? Heard he might be a steal.

And I also think if we can somehow stay healthy, we can make noise.
I've heard Rambo has all the ability to be a solid safety, it's just character/drug issues with him. Hopefully he's not another Tanard Jackson :lol:

PFT is doing Mount Rushmore series. They did the ******** earlier. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/30/its-time-to-vote-on-the-********-mt-rushmore/

i voted Baugh, Riggins, Green and Gibbs.

Donovan McNabb has some advice for Robert Griffin III, who’s doing ‘too much’

Donovan McNabb tried to reach out to Robert Griffin III last season. He never heard back, which a lot of six-time Pro Bowlers might take as being big-timed. Not McNabb.

“I don’t blame him,” he said. “Someone on his end was supposed to link us up, and it never happened. No big deal. But I would like to sit down with him. I’d actually like me and my dad to sit down with RG and his dad.”

Rest of Article in Link

McNabb has nothing to offer RG3. Nothing.

Doesn't matter...it's not used in a flattering way, therefore the term IS offensive to some

I wish that same attitude and fervor on your end would carry over into the debate over the name of your football champ. Who knows, maybe some day we'll get there.

Taken from another thread (Roy Hibbert fined 75K for "No homo" comments). I'd like to see that rebuttal JJ's, Duece does bring up a good point.. Your whole sticking point on the Skin's name not being changed was that it only offended a small percentage so it was okay. On this issue, you're actually taking up the position DK is on the Skins' (the fact that its offensive to someone is enough that it shouldn't be done). Didn't want to send the thread on a tangent or have his comment just fade w/o being addressed.

For real though, if you were to say the racist aspect not bothering you enough and the fact that it kind of an outdated racist term and you'd rather not see it changed because that's what you grew up on and don't want to change is fine. Trying to say it shouldn't be changed because it's not offensive is my issue with it.

Last edited:
Taken from another thread (Roy Hibbert fined 75K for "No homo" comments). I'd like to see that rebuttal JJ's, Duece does bring up a good point.. Your whole sticking point on the Skin's name not being changed was that it only offended a small percentage so it was okay. On this issue, you're actually taking up the position DK is on the Skins' (the fact that its offensive to someone is enough that it shouldn't be done). Didn't want to send the thread on a tangent or have his comment just fade w/o being addressed.

For real though, if you were to say the racist aspect not bothering you enough and the fact that it kind of an outdated racist term and you'd rather not see it changed because that's what you grew up on and don't want to change is fine. Trying to say it shouldn't be changed because it's not offensive is my issue with it.

For one, I have said repeatedly that I can understand why people are offended by the term "********," so let's not mince my words.

Also, my stance in the Hibbert thread was more towards people who don't see WHY the term "no homo" is offensive. Just like DK made his stance about the Skins name. Nothing more, nothing less.

"No Homo" doesn't bother him...it bothers me. ******** doesn't bother me, but it bothers him.

There is no right/wrong answer, just opinions.

Mcnabb is just salty he sucked a massive one in his twilight years and he can go retire an eagle in phili where everyone hated him in the first place.

Yeah, but its a two part thread. People were arguing that it's not offensive and therefore the fine unjust. You're arguing that it's definitely offensive and therefore the fine is deserved. Especially since you made no seperation and qualified that his comments (cause) were wrong but the punishment (fine/effect) was wrong.

You just set precedent.

And then break precedent saying you see how the ******** name is offensive (offensive term/cause) but the name shouldn't be changed (punishment/effect). That's where you're contradicting yourself.

And then on to [no right/wrong, just opinions]. In the Hibbert thread you said things like "you gotta be really, really, dense to believe this" "That's really moronic". Come on man, I've seen you debate opinion before. No one uses inflammatory language like that unless they feell like it a right/wrong situation and they are right.

Would you say that you yourself are "really, really, dense" and "moronic" for seeing that the ******** name is offensive but not enough to change?

Last edited:
Yeah, but its a two part thread. People were arguing that it's not offensive and therefore the fine unjust. You're arguing that it's definitely offensive and therefore the fine is deserved. Especially since you made no seperation and qualified that his comments (cause) were wrong but the punishment (fine/effect) was wrong.

You just set precedent.

And then break precedent saying you see how the ******** name is offensive (offensive term/cause) but the name shouldn't be changed (punishment/effect). That's where you're contradicting yourself.

And then on to [no right/wrong, just opinions]. In the Hibbert thread you said things like "you gotta be really, really, dense to believe this" "That's really moronic". Come on man, I've seen you debate opinion before. No one uses inflammatory language like that unless they feell like it a right/wrong situation and they are right.

Would you say that you yourself are "really, really, dense" and "moronic" for seeing that the ******** name is offensive but not enough to change?

I think I clearly explained myself. I'll try again.

I do not find the ******** name to be offensive. Much like how DK said that he doesn't find "No Homo" to be offensive. He finds ******** to be offensive and I do not. So, wouldn't that mean he's contradicting himself as well? I think DK and many others in that thread are smart enough to understand WHY Hibbert was fined and why the term he used was inflammitory, much like how I can understand why the skins name is offensive as well. The dense/moronic comment was SPECIFICALLY to those who can't grasp this.

So, wouldn't that mean he's contradicting himself as well?

Yes, very much so. I've seen DK's posts when it comes to gay rights/marriage. I don't agree. I .also kinda think part of it is DK is from the "urea" and he kinda wants to stick to skins fans'. Like the cherry on top of a sundae :lol:

I can respect the honesty though (sincerely). The name doesn't bother you enough to push for a change. I still think it's a little sad (imo), though. If I grew up a Skins' fan I'd probably feel the same way.Luckily, though...

Alot, of the confusion came from posting up the poll that it only affected a small percentage and the quote from the tribal chief who said he would be offended if they DID change the name. Just seemed like rationalizing. Back to lurking, good day.

Last edited:
Yes, very much so. I've seen DK's posts when it comes to gay rights/marriage. I don't agree. I .also kinda think part of it is DK is from the "urea" and he kinda wants to stick to skins fans'. Like the cherry on top of a sundae :lol:

I can respect the honesty though (sincerely). The name doesn't bother you enough to push for a change. I still think it's a little sad (imo), though. If I grew up a Skins' fan I'd probably feel the same way.Luckily, though...

Alot, of the confusion came from posting up the poll that it only affected a small percentage and the quote from the tribal chief who said he would be offended if they DID change the name. Just seemed like rationalizing. Back to lurking, good day.

No prob....

I just don't think one has to be a champion for EVERY cause. As long as you can respectfully acknowledge or understand where the other side is coming from, I have no issues with different POVs. This is where there is a serious disconnect here on NT (and in society). People are unwilling to move the stick an inch just because they are so entrenched in their viewpoint. There have been numerous occasions where I've learned something from someone here on the site that has opened my eyes to something I might not have recognized before. What's the saying? "Each one, teach one."

I think I'll jump in this conversation just a little bit............
I think DK and many others in that thread are smart enough to understand WHY Hibbert was fined and why the term he used was inflammitory
Yes I can see and understand why Hibbert was fined.  Do I find his comment inflammatory..........not really, but that's just me. 
I've seen DK's posts when it comes to gay rights/marriage. I don't agree.
You saw my posts on gay rights/marriage or my posts on gay marriage in the black community/gays in the black community?? Reason being is you will see a different response for both, but some have misconstrued one response for the other.
I also kinda think part of it is DK is from the "urea" and he kinda wants to stick to skins fans'. Like the cherry on top of a sundae
laugh.gif
Nah, as the saying goes.............we off that
happy.gif
What's the saying? "Each one, teach one."
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

@JeffDarlington 3co0tm2c07ff5h8q80wm_normal.jpeg

If an alien came to Earth & saw @RGIII practice, it'd say 1 of 2 things: (1) "No way you had surgery on Jan. 9." (2) "When you coming home?"

RG3: 'Without a doubt' I'll be ready for training camp

By Marc Sessler
Around the League Writer
Published: June 6, 2013 at 01:11 p.m.
Updated: June 6, 2013 at 02:03 p.m.

Our apologies to Donovan McNabb, but Robert Griffin III is back on the mic.

The Washington ******** quarterback addressed reporters after Wednesday's organized team activities and expressed confidence that his return to the field would come long before the regular-season opener.

Asked if the first day of training camp was a realistic goal, Griffin barely thought about it: "Without a doubt," he said.

"One: It's a month (away). And then, two, it's just how I feel, and how it's progressed," Griffin said. "Over the last three weeks, I've had a lot of progress and I feel a lot better. ... While training camp's a month, month and a half away ... I feel really good about that. And then the start of the season is even farther than that. ... That's why I say 'without a doubt.' "

Said Griffin: "I think it is the right target if I'm ready. ... If I'm not, I can swallow my pride."

ALL.IN.FOR.WEEK.1

Back
Top Bottom