Official 2013 NFL Washington Diplomats SEASON Thread - Last Game 12/29 @ 1:00 PM vs. Giants

A bit of Cooley news...this is pretty big:

In a major shake-up to the D.C. sports-talk radio scene, Red Zebra Broadcasting announced on Tuesday that former ******** tight end Chris Cooley will replace industry veteran Andy Pollin on its afternoon drive show next week.

Link

So no more Sports Reporters? Cooley doing his own show?

EDIT: Just saw the statement, Cooley and Czaban doing their own show.

Last edited:
Players checking in to Richmond today. TC starts...TOMORROW!

What are you guys most interested in seeing during the preseason?

Personally, I'm most intrigued about the battle at FS. My gut tells me that Rambo is going to win out against Philip Thomas and be paired w. Meriweather to start the year.

I also want to see how Amerson performs after being coached up by Raheem Morris.

Players checking in to Richmond today. TC starts...TOMORROW!

What are you guys most interested in seeing during the preseason?

Personally, I'm most intrigued about the battle at FS. My gut tells me that Rambo is going to win out against Philip Thomas and be paired w. Meriweather to start the year.

I also want to see how Amerson performs after being coached up by Raheem Morris.

I'm hype!!!

And I want to see how the FS battle will go to.

I'm also hoping that Hank can become consistent. He can be an X factor for us if he can catch the damn ball!

Will be looking at the Corners too

I'm interested in seeing how Jordan Reed and Chris Thompson perform, those guys will be key IMO. Any of ya'll heading down to Richmond this summer?

Only time you'll catch me outside in the summer for prolonged periods of time will be either at the beach or pool :lol:

I love football, but I'm not trying to stand outside and watch practice in 90+ degree August heat. Not for me :rofl:

Speaking of Chris Thompson, I think there is going to be a serious battle for the #2 RB spot. Thompson, Jamison, Helu, and Royster will be in the mix. Here's my guess of how things will shake out...

Morris
Thompson
Helu
Jamison (PS)

however, I could very easily see Jamison getting the #3 RB spot from Helu, but I don't know how likely it would be for Shanahan to carry 2 rookie RB's on the active roster.

:lol: I hear you on that, plus that Richmond heat is no joke. I just wanna check out the new facility though so I might make a trip down.

I don't know much about Jamison, but I'd like to have Thompson and Helu definitely as the backups to bring a change of pace to Alfred's bruising style of running. Also, Helu has shown he can contribute catching passes out of the backfield which could help us on 3rd down. That was a big problem last year.

This dude is kinda going under the radar but it feels awesome to actually have a kicker in Forbath that you can count on (so far) heading into camp. No more Gano, Suisham, Novak, Cundiff bull****.

Check this out....1:00. Then look at the replay following.

That juke :x

This is some dre clark jergens right here...

Last edited:
:x that was dirty!! Even more impressive to me was that run at 3:34, this kid looks legit, I'm excited to see what he can do :smokin

Alfred Morris isn't a great receiver out of the backfield...Helu can catch, and so can Jamison/Thompson. However, unlike Royster (and to some extent, Helu), Jamison/Thompson are MUCH more explosive with the ball in their hands.

So no more Sports Reporters? Cooley doing his own show?

EDIT: Just saw the statement, Cooley and Czaban doing their own show.

Wow what a way to shake things up!!! I still will choose to listen to this show over Chad and Lavar in the evenings. I swear Lavar Arrington needs to take some broadcasting classes because he is WAY TOO WORDY whenever he tries to make a point or ask a question of an interviewe. Son will use 800 words just to ask a simple question that the average broadcaster would do using 100 words :lol:

On another note I wish they would bring back Frank Herzog to do play-by-play of Skins games instead of Larry Michael.

I'm looking forward to seeing who's almos backup as well. I think we found some more late round rb gold

A couple of notes:

Tweets from TK from ES:

In addition, the team placed defensive end Adam Carriker, offensive lineman Maurice Hurt and cornerback Josh Wilson on the Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform list.

Carriker's surgery is done. Could be foreshadowing. Was hearing injury settlement yesterday before he went in.

From HTTR 24-7

HTTR24_7: More natural at FS. PT is box SS. @WarpathWarrior: @HTTR24_7 what gives Rambo the early edge right now?

Son of Washington:

Despite the bulky brace, #RG3 looks healthy and agile in morning practice at #******** training camp.

then from HTTR 24-7

People need to chill with the "big bulky brace" talk.. That was last year, this brace is different.

Back
Top Bottom