OFFICIAL 2014 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

My team from the live draft yesterday...I think I might make some noise here.

View media item 1149856
My first pick was Forte at #3
Why Forte over whoever fell between Charles, AP, Shady?

I worry about a Foles slump under Chip. No element of surprise any longer.

Miller will be your RB2 under Lazor over CJ2K.

I would start Brady and trade Foles in a package to solidify RB2 or WR2 after Jordy.

Thanks...I'm thinking Matthews though I'm worried his workload may be light because of the RBs they got. Cruz would be a definite if I was in a PPR...but is everybody really down on Brady though?? OR is it more that QB is pretty deep this year?

lol what happened Tom?
Brady's demise is over-reported. Dobson and Thompkins will get better. Amendola contributes when healthy. LaFell is clicking finally. Gronk is a machine at TE, second only to Jimmy.

Forte at 3?
Can't do it. Maybe not even over Lacy in standard formats.

Just had my work league draft, i was 8th pick out of 12

QB: Matt Stafford

WR: Calvin Johnson
WR: Dez Bryant

RB: Gio Bernard
RB: CJ Spiller :x :smh:

TE: Martellus Bennet

Flex: Cordarelle Patterson

D: Rams

K: Blair Walsh

BN: Percy Harvin
BN: Darren Sproles
BN: Ray Rice
BN: Dwayne Bowe
BN: Josh Gordon
BN: Charles Clay
BN: Ahmad Bradshaw
Nasty starters. How you got Gio in R3? IDK.

CP in the Flex is phenomenal. His ADP has skyrocketed and many are selecting him as a WR2. Too high in my book.

Could upgrade the TE position. Clay is underrated, Bennett is decent. I'd try to land Pitta or Cameron possibly.

Like Rice and Gordon on the bench. Suspensions, but value is present.

Probably my favorite team out of all my fantasy teams this year.

12 Team League PPR (5th pick snake draft)

I was getting so much heat by taking Gronk in the 5th round and Vereen in the 6th, but honestly I don't think I could pass those 2 up especially at that point.

This was a league amongst some of my friends and I mean people were taking R. Wilson in the 3rd round. LADARIUS GREEN got picked up before Gronk I just lost it.

Could upgrade at WR2 depending on how much faith you have in Dre at 33-years-old.

Ball at RB2 eliminates most potential risk we have about him as a RB1. Blocking and fumbling.

Pitta is going to flourish under Kubiak. I guarantee it.

Would like to see more upside guys on the bench inside of Moreno and Bradshaw for example.

View media item 1149895
Green is a sleeper but that's just foolish and too risky.

Nice value on Gronk, limits your risk the deeper you take him. Vereen is good for 60+ receptions.

My 12 man league. Standard...

QB. Peyton Manning

RB. Alfred Morris, Joique Bell, Khiry Robinson, Terrence west

WR. Brandon Marshall, Andre Johnson, Wes Welker, Julian Edelman, marquise lee, James Jones

TE. Martellus Bennett, Zach Ertz, Travis Kelice

D/ST. Arizona

K. Gostkowski

What you guys think?

Should I try to trade Marshall for another RB?
West is your RB2, but you could go for an upgrade or more trustworthy option.

Ertz gonna be your starter at TE over Martellus. Bank.

I'd trade Dre in a package to secure a stronger RB2. Not Marshall. He's your WR1 and you need him there. Johnson, Welker, and Edelman are WR2/WR3 and Flex options.

your move is to trade Johnson and bell. I am NOT an Andre Johnson fan. But I do love me some Edelman
I know Edelman cooks in PPR formats, just think Dobson's growth will eat into his numbers and overall production a bit.

soo yahoo ****** me. drafted in my 10 team 2QB league last night and we have to redraft since yahoo was ******* up :smh:

gonna be hard pressed to find another convenient time before the season starts.

i liked my team too :frown: :lol:

Last edited:
Did a mock on ESPN 6th pick 12 team and came up with this

QB Tony Romo
RB T-Rich
RB Shane Vereen
WR Megatron
WR Dez Bryant
TE Jordan Cameron
Flex Randall Cobb

Desean Jackson - Bench

ESPN's rankings are weird. We're using Yahoo's in my league so I doubt Dez lasts 6 picks into the 2nd round like he did in the mock above.

soo yahoo ****** me. drafted in my 10 team 2QB league last night and we have to redraft since yahoo was ******* up :smh:

gonna be hard pressed to find another convenient time before the season starts.

i liked my team too :frown: :lol:
Technical difficulties in our NT keeper draft last night as well. The rosters were reading improperly, but the issue resolved itself after a few hours.

Did a mock on ESPN 6th pick 12 team and came up with this

QB Tony Romo
RB T-Rich
RB Shane Vereen
WR Megatron
WR Dez Bryant
TE Jordan Cameron
Flex Randall Cobb

Desean Jackson - Bench

ESPN's rankings are weird. We're using Yahoo's in my league so I doubt Dez lasts 6 picks into the 2nd round like he did in the mock above.
Too receiver heavy. Why Cobb or D-Jax after Megatron and Dezzy? Cripples you at RB. Trent isn't a RB1, RB2 at maximum. Vereen is a fringe RB2 but safer as a Flex.

No one good on the board. Plan would be to trade Cobb for a rb if that really happened.

Andre Williams worthwhile?

Last edited:
Pass thst spot off. Draft n less than 3 hrs

Who's down to join the NT 16 team league? Looks like we won't be able to draft tonight without filling the final team
steebie j steebie j sorry man I filled the spot already. Was at the eye doctor so I couldn't report back that it was taken. Got @JAYFIEND in the final spot. Should be all systems go come 9 o'clock.

And Champ, I definitely agree that Andre has never been a TD monster and that Nuk is on the rise. I just don't see Andre regressing that much so I can't pass up on him at his ADP in PPR leagues.

Last edited:
Draft order will be randomized by ESPN in around 30 minutes. Not sure if they email everyone or not so I'll just post it in here.

Also, hopefully these eye dilation drops wear off before draft time. My screen is blurry as hell right now :lol: :lol:.

Last edited:
Lol, what is that bro?
laugh.gif

I have a trade offer Zac Stacy or Toby Gerhart for Keenan Allen. Here's how my WR's and RB's look:

RB1- Eddie Lacy
RB2- Joique Bell
RB- Chris Ivory

WR1- Alshon Jeffery
WR2- Keenan Allen
WR- Kelvin Benjamin
WR- Cecil Shorts III

Thoughts?

There have been guys in here to give advise on who to pick up on FA or start on every sunday but this yr i will not indulge in that due my own league and guys im competing against in here :lol:
ill keep my thoughts to myself haha

I have a trade offer Zac Stacy or Toby Gerhart for Keenan Allen. Here's how my WR's and RB's look:

RB1- Eddie Lacy
RB2- Joique Bell
RB- Chris Ivory

WR1- Alshon Jeffery
WR2- Keenan Allen
WR- Kelvin Benjamin
WR- Cecil Shorts III

Thoughts?

No go. Stacy coulddd be worth it but i doubt it. Would ride it out with what ya got

Lol, what is that bro? :lol:
Some drops that dilate your pupils extra wide to allow the doctor to see the health of the inside of your eye or something. Makes your eyes feel all this pressure and your vision blurry :lol:.

Last edited:

RB1- Eddie Lacy
RB2- Joique Bell
RB- Chris Ivory

WR1- Alshon Jeffery
WR2- Keenan Allen
WR- Kelvin Benjamin
WR- Cecil Shorts III

Thoughts?
I'd keep Allen. Others will probably say get Stacy.

Thinking about sending this...

Alshon Jeffery and Randall Cobb for Demaryius Thomas...

yay or nay? 

My other WRs are Vincent Jackson, Terrance Williams, Josh Gordon, Jeremy Maclin.

Back
Top Bottom