OFFICIAL 2014 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

Wait, Terrance Williams and Terrance West are still available.. Either of them or Justin Hunter?
Terrence Williams on Dallas is definitely the guy you want to pick up here. He's going to be the second option and he put up impressive numbers for being the third WR. How is that guy a FA

Question for those of you that do "Free Agent Auction" on ESPN for the waivers...

Everyday other than Tuesday is selected for the waivers going through...shouldn't it be the other way around? So that owners can make bids on players throughout the week (and especially Sunday/Monday night) and then on Tuesday whoever has made the highest bid gets the player? Wanting to do this in my league this year but not sure how it works.

Question for those of you that do "Free Agent Auction" on ESPN for the waivers...

Everyday other than Tuesday is selected for the waivers going through...shouldn't it be the other way around? So that owners can make bids on players throughout the week (and especially Sunday/Monday night) and then on Tuesday whoever has made the highest bid gets the player? Wanting to do this in my league this year but not sure how it works.
I have the same question. Everyone in my league decided that we should switch to this format this year, but I'm not sure how to implement it. I wan't it to be similar to the way regular waivers are processed. Free agent pickups from Wednesday-Sunday at noon and then a few days where everybody bids on the FAs and all of the bids are processed on late Tuesday night (really Wednesday AM). ESPN's explanation on how it works doesn't really help

View media item 113562510 team PPR 4pt passing TD... I'm not unhappy.
Ballsy going with Graham and Gronk. If Gronk can stay healthy though you'll have the best Flex in the league every week. Gio is more like a low-end RB1/RB2 and Vereen/Thomas are more suited for the Flex spot, but they're all very viable starters in PPR, and Gronk will make up for the lost points anyway. Love Cobb/Floyd/Tate/Randle this year, and I see Brady as a huge bounce back candidate. High upside backup RBs in West/Michael. I like your team alot.

Last edited:
My league has done free agent auctions for a couple years now... We process waivers on Tuesday and again on Saturday, just in case you were banking on one person during a bye week and got outbid.

Makes for lots of fun during heavy bye weeks when your ******* buddy bids you up on Andy Dalton. :x

Thomas or Gronk at the TE? I'm leaning Thomas.. dude just has that chemistry with Peyton. Thomas is hardly mentioned in here, it's usually Jimmy and Gronk for good reason of course

For some reason I'm just not sold on Gronk's health

Last edited:
go cameron or jordan reed or greg olsen way later. thomas worries me as a one season wonder but who knows. i just wouldn't touch gronk. how many surgeries can you have before they stop letting you go under the knife. 

Thomas or Gronk at the TE? I'm leaning Thomas.. dude just has that chemistry with Peyton. Thomas is hardly mentioned in here, it's usually Jimmy and Gronk for good reason of course

For some reason I'm just not sold on Gronk's health

i dont trust gronk either

dude hasnt even been cleared yet either :smh:

go cameron or jordan reed or greg olsen way later. thomas worries me as a one season wonder but who knows. i just wouldn't touch gronk. how many surgeries can you have before they stop letting you go under the knife. 
IMO Thomas is as secure as you can get, more than Cam and Reed due to the Peyton effect. Peyton loves Thomas man. IMO dude is easy money because I really see no reason he was a one hit wonder. As long as he has a healthy Peyton and Thomas still cares about making money I have all the faith in him to put up big numbers again

Last edited:
thomas will go way earlier than cameron and reed/olsen. i think some leagues leave those guys on the waivers. really your call, thomas was a beast last year 

Doing draft simulators for 12 team league, I'm seeing that if you don't get a top 5 pick, you're most likely going with Calvin or a WR as your #1 pick. Then as your #2 pick there will still be another elite WR available meaning you have to take another WR. Then as your RB's you're not really getting to get anyone special.. my favorite, albeit risky combo ended up being Bush and Jennings with Calvin/Julio/Cameron/Cutler as the #6 pick.

Interesting

I hear you.I have 2 kids and I own a construction company.while my guys are working I do fantasy football.
[emoji]127944[/emoji]
Hope your business prospers. Live by the mantra, "It's not competition, I want all NT'ers to make it and do well."

It's either DeAngelo Williams, Jarrett Boykin, or Jordan Reed/Cameron.
I would say Williams dropped for Hunter, but Boykin is fine if you're more comfortable. Don't mind parting with DeAngelo if you have RB depth.

Kendall Wright or Justin Hunter the Titans WR to own?
Wright is safer, higher on boards especially in PPR formats. He's nabbed a lot of balls since Baylor. Hunter is my version of CP, his ADP presents so much more value than Patterson. Hunter will definitely snag more TD than Wright.

Heading out to play tennis doubles, but I'll pop back in before dinner. NT'er participation and support has been great in this thread. Even more than ever. Let's keep it up, guys. Both with questions/scenarios and responses/advice.

I like orange julius and he definitely has a chance to kill it again this season, but he missed two ENTIRE seasons with injuries before last year. He's as big of an injury risk as gronk. It's just that he hasn't been a household name as long so that time on the IR wasn't as publicized.

Do you guys think there's any risk taking Peyton with #8 overall? Obviously there's risk with every pick, but I don't want to draft him and then his neck issues come back. I'm leaning towards taking Graham because he's the "safe" pick.

I'm pretty high on Luck this year and i've been able to snag him in round 5 in most of my mocks after getting my RB's & WR's. If I take Peyton then my RB/WR positions will be a little weaker.

Do you guys think there's any risk taking Peyton with #8 overall? Obviously there's risk with every pick, but I don't want to draft him and then his neck issues come back. I'm leaning towards taking Graham because he's the "safe" pick.

I'm pretty high on Luck this year and i've been able to snag him in round 5 in most of my mocks after getting my RB's & WR's. If I take Peyton then my RB/WR positions will be a little weaker.
how many pts per passing td?

4 per td, 10 man ppr league

4 per td, 10 man ppr league
ehh i wouldn't take him (Peyton) with the 8th pick then.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom