columbia xi

the x's we see

powder 3's

also heard the iv's from the chris paul xmas photo

the purple joints and the encore looking joints might go into production

still early but JB narrowing things down for 2nd quarter 2014 now

1st quarter should be announced and confirmed soon 
how sure are you about the columbias?

I can definitely see the Infrared 6s dropping, those are what I'm looking forward to most, will most prob be a madness to cop!

Glad to see the 6's on the radar for 2014. Now if we only knew what was releasing in September of 2013? I think JB has some unspoken gems waiting for us in September. I'm stockpiling the dough right now :D .

^ agreed, JB always have some tricks up their sleeve. Excited for 2014, VI's are my soft spot. Very exciting. Hey who knows! Maybe the kids will find a new 'cool thing' by next year and all the Jordan's will be readily available....ok I'll wake up now.

JB trolls the people thirsty for the columbias and releases the space jams instead lol jk. Knowing JB though, I wouldn't be suprised if that would actually happen. I wouldn't mind because I need an icey pair of Jams.

Last edited:
JB trolls the people thirsty for the columbias and releases the space jams instead lol jk. Knowing JB though, I wouldn't suprised if that would actually happen. I wouldn't mind because I need an icey pair of Jams.
That would be something if JB did that but I love jams more than the columbias so I wouldn't be mad with that but that could mean another rererelease of the other XIs too. And I don't want another concord XI fiasco again

Idk if this was said but the black cat IVs are coming out in January. I saw a video about it

Didn't want to start my thread with this info. A reliable source has told me that the Jordan Columbia 11s have be sampled a bunch of times in the last couple of years by JB. From production date till the time they are brought out the factory to the states, the packages had shoes that were already yellowed. They changed materials and tried different dyes and it still ended up yellowed. The anniversary 11s was a failure to JB standards because they sat and yellowed and a couple of spots received "yellowed shoes" on release date. There is different plans being shopped around on how to bring us a Columbia 11s that is acceptable. The gamma 11s are it, ever part of the shoe that yellowed in the last batch is now blacked and smoked.

If its keeps getting requested they will make a couple of batches and send them out quickly (Quick Strick) and a lot of us wont have a chance to purchase them anyway.

Columbia 11s= not happening

Will try to steal a not tagged pic off the sample Columbia 11s, but I guarantee a lot of NT will not like what they see.

Last edited:
Didn't want to start my thread with this info. A reliable source has told me that the Jordan Columbia 11s have be sampled a bunch of times in the last couple of years by JB. From production date till the time they are brought out the factory to the states, the packages had shoes that were already yellowed. They changed materials and tried different dyes and it still ended up yellowed. The anniversary 11s was a failure to JB standards because they sat and yellowed and a couple of spots received "yellowed shoes" on release date. There is different plans being shopped around on how to bring us a Columbia 11s that is acceptable. The gamma 11s are it, ever part of the shoe that yellowed in the last batch is now blacked and smoked.

If its keeps getting requested they will make a couple of batches and send them out quickly (Quick Strick) and a lot of us wont have a chance to purchase them anyway.

Columbia 11s= not happening
Then why give us these? View media item 495305

Last edited:
Then why give us these? ]

Same thing I asked, I told him the last pair of 11 lows that came out was basically Columbia 11s lows with a black upper and red bottom. He said if it didn't have a black upper they would have never brought it out. they are trying to avoid white upper and clear bottom shoes all together. We might get a tar heel blue upper and clear bottom. I don't know if its a glue issue or something, but the glue they use on the shoes uppers needs as much color as possible. Take a look at all the Team jordans, Jordan retro shoes. They wont even make "Columbia 11 inspired" colorways. The Jordan 12 "rising suns" was also a production nightmare for JB and it didn't even have a clear sole.

Last edited:
Upper? You mean lining? Cuz the Columbias have the same thing
f760ce18_air-jordan-11-columbia-retro.jpeg

A black lining. It still doesn't make sense.

Upper? You mean lining? Cuz the Columbias have the same thing
A black lining. It still doesn't make sense.

http://www.eastbay.com/product/mode...SEARCH: KEYWORD SEARCH#sku=28895110&size=08.5

I was talking about these. The sample with a white upper instead of black was shut down due to "productions issues". ...Yellowing. So they came back next quarter with a black upper, it was released.
The Jordan 11 lows you posted with a red sole, had a clear sole sample. It was rejected for "production issues" next quarter JB accepted the red sole pair. Same thing happed with the Gammas, its still another quarter so they might be able to change something, but the all black and smoked sole was accepted and the worn pair/ DS pair looked almost the same after 3 months.

The way the sample works is someone wears the shoe around/plays basketball with them on for 3 months. At the end of the 3rd month JB looks at a brand new pair and a pair that was worn for the 3 months. All off the Columbia models look terrible after 3 months of wear. The only way the anniversary 11s made it to retail was because it was a theme.

Last edited:
But the Concords also had a white upper...
Cool Greys and Concords had icy soles. All of these are stuff that the Columbias have,
If they can make a white upper for the Concords and the red/white lows, I don't see why they can't make one for the Columbias. If they get make an icy sole for the Cool Greys and Concords, I don't see why they can't for the Columbias. If they can make white patent leather on the white/red lows, I don't see why they can't for the Columbias. It just seems to me like they're trying to come up with reasons to not release them.

They just need to pass the sample test and accept it. For the past 4 years Columbia lows and mids failed everytime. JB hated the anniversary11s, in their minds that is as close to a Columbia we are going to get. There was a big fight to get the anniversary pair out, it was a Love it/Hate it war going on within JB. To settle it the Jordan symbol was removed from the side. The one guy who pushed to release the Jordan 11 Columbia/anniversary is now with Nike and longer with JB. He was the main guy who fought to get a all white foamposite one out.

Last edited:
Welp, if what you say is true, looks like I'll be on the hunt for a pair of '01 Columbias. (I wear 10.5, hit me up :wink: )

its going to keep getting requested even more so because they keep releases things with the treats of columbias. I think with all the North Carolina shoes coming out next year the Columbias will finally come back out regardless how limited. Slight chance is better than no chance because if you strike out resellers will have it stored for a year or too better than still having to look for the 2001 pair

These are rumored for 2014, probably the coolest 3's ive seen in a minute                           

They just need to pass the sample test and accept it. For the past 4 years Columbia lows and mids failed everytime. JB hated the anniversary11s, in their minds that is as close to a Columbia we are going to get. There was a big fight to get the anniversary pair out, it was a Love it/Hate it war going on within JB. To settle it the Jordan symbol was removed from the side. The one guy who pushed to release the Jordan 11 Columbia/anniversary is now with Nike and longer with JB. He was the main guy who fought to get a all white foamposite one out.
this is bs because it wasnt a fight to get white foamposites out penny said all white and black will come out soon and they did within the same year he said it.  Jordan is just milking it and saving it. Reason why the Carmines and Hares and 10 Shadows never had a retro by them selfs is because they want to space out the demanded shoes

@nflowshoe Other people have pointed it out, and I agree that what you're saying makes sense in a vacuum, but not when you look at the XI releases that JB has done in the last few years. They've done white bases and nylon, they've done "clear" soles, they've done everything that's required to make the Columbia's other than making and releasing them. And besides all of that, we know that they could release the Columbias because COLUMBIAS EXIST ALREADY. This isn't some hypothetical colorway, it's a retro. I'm sure they're using slightly different (ie cheaper) materials now, but if JB thought that releasing Columbias could be a profitable enough endeavor I'm sure they would figure it out.

Back
Top Bottom