OFFICIAL 2014 LA CLIPPERS OFFSEASON THREAD -- Ballmer Sale Final!

lawdog1

Supporter
Even though I think most of us are still stinging from the season ending, I figured it was time to start this thread since the Sterling situation is heading up. Getting rid of him is the biggest offseason move we can make. If we do that, get new owners and otherwise have exactly the same team going into next season, I'm ok with that.

Arash Markazi ‏@ArashMarkazi · 24m
The NBA initiated a charge today seeking to terminate the ownership of Donald Sterling in the Los Angeles Clippers.

Last edited:
Since its happening tonight, I have to admit I'm still getting used to not eagerly anticipating the draft lottery. I'm not complaining though.

So what moves should be made? We need to dump Dudley. We need a real small forward option. I have read packaging DJ and Crawford for Melo.

So what moves should be made? We need to dump Dudley. We need a real small forward option. I have read packaging DJ and Crawford for Melo.

Yeah, upgrading at SF and back up big are the priorities to me. I don't think the Melo possibility is too viable though. I'm not a cap expert, but I think Melo would have to take a lot less money to come here.

Yeah, upgrading at SF and back up big are the priorities to me. I don't think the Melo possibility is too viable though. I'm not a cap expert, but I think Melo would have to take a lot less money to come here.
If he wants to win he has to take less money or they are going to have to gut a team.

I do not want melo. Anyone have a list of free agent Centers? I would be happy with a SF and a solid rebounding back-up big.

I do not want melo. Anyone have a list of free agent Centers? I would be happy with a SF and a solid rebounding back-up big.

Melo is not happening. Phil Jackson is running the Knicks now. He wouldn't want anyone on our roster outside of Griffin and Blake is not going anywhere.

So let me get this straight.  You actually heard this rumor or this was some Clipper fan posting/calling a radio station with an idea?  Because this trade makes absolutely zero sense for the Knicks.

Yes, we know DeAndre is a great defensive center.  But you are going to tell me that the Knicks are willing to trade their best player, for a defensive minded Center (which they already have one of the better ones), and Jamal Crawford?

Sorry, I call BS.

So let me get this straight.  You actually heard this rumor or this was some Clipper fan posting/calling a radio station with an idea?  Because this trade makes absolutely zero sense for the Knicks.

Yes, we know DeAndre is a great defensive center.  But you are going to tell me that the Knicks are willing to trade their best player, for a defensive minded Center (which they already have one of the better ones), and Jamal Crawford?

Sorry, I call BS.

I have to agree. Sounds like some message board fantasy scenario and not a real rumor.

LA Clippers News ‏@ClippersAllNews 2m
Darren Collison to opt out of contract with Los Angeles Clippers - FanSided http://q.gs/7CN16

No surprise here. Would have liked to have him back, but only for the right price. I'm sure if he goes elsewhere, we can find another, solid back-up PG.

DC was good for us, but he is easily replaceable as PG is the deepest position in the league. Assets like the MLE would be better used for a 3 or a 3rd big. I would like to see the Clips get a bigger PG too, one who could play with CP3 and guard the big PGs.

And ff Ballmer buys the team, im gonna need him to be on his Paul Allen and buy us some draft picks :lol:

^:lol:

So now that the team is sold, what happens next? Is this a case of a backroom deal? This doesn't sit right with me...

I wonder if Sterling will really sell..
LA Clippers News ‏@ClippersAllNews · 1h
Donald Sterling to Sell Los Angeles Clippers to Steve Ballmer, Drop Lawsuit - Wall Street Journal http://q.gs/2260860/http://online.w...pers-to-steve-ballmer-drop-lawsuit-1401922007

Looks like DTS is just going to take his $ and go away after all ... until he changes his mind again. But good news for now.
Once he signs off isnt it over?? Either way with the team we have and a rich *** owner we can only go up.

I got a feeling Clippers moving to Seattle

View media item 1021746
I still don't understand why people keep saying this. Bergman knows this is where the Clips will thrive.

Besides just because he wants to move em doesn't mean he can. The Kings had hella legitimate reasons to move, more than any reasons the Clips need to move and they were still blocked from moving.

It's not happening. People need to stop saying this lol

Last edited:
View media item 1021746
I still don't understand why people keep saying this. Bergman knows this is where the Clips will thrive.

Besides just because he wants to move em doesn't mean he can. The Kings had hella legitimate reasons to move, more than any reasons the Clips need to move and they were still blocked from moving.

It's not happening. People need to stop saying this lol

He is not even from Seattle so why would he move them over there. Buying the kings and moving them to a bigger market makes sense. Moving the clips to a smaller market that makes no sense.

Back
Top Bottom