OFFICIAL 2014 MIAMI DOLPHINS SEASON THREAD (8-8) : MAYBE NEXT YEAR SMH

On 9/3/14 :lol:

2 posts later tho.......
:wink:

Well is Joe Philbin a dead man walking? Exactly. If he wasn't such a $^#& tard, the Detroit, Denver, and GB games have us at 10-4 right now. Say Denver wins anyway, still 9-5. You split MIN/NYJ and that's 10-6. I didn't think it would get this bad.

Again, he's a dead man walking.

Yeah, but you just said the entire team is trash outside 3 players, and get rid of them all. Yet, COACHING issues, cost them 2-3 wins, easy, same as last year. :nerd:

But all the players are trash, cept 3.

Yeah, but you just said the entire team is trash outside 3 players, and get rid of them all. Yet, COACHING issues, cost them 2-3 wins, easy, same as last year. :nerd:

But all the players are trash, cept 3.

The players can't put it together for 60 minutes either. We see Starks, Wake, Vernon getting abused in Denver when the offense was putting up points. I think that was the best game I've seen #17 play. The scheme was bad, the players were bad. Could almost bet $1000 on every drive that the defense would get gashed like a Pop Warner team

The GB and DET games, the defense and coaching literally choked with the game on the line. When you keep letting that happen, how are you not trash? We could start drinking games on who would choke the most down the stretch. Bend and break defense everytime. Some scheme, some players just getting their #%^ handed to them by opposing teams trying to score game winning points.

It is the coaches job to put your players in the best spots to win, and attack the other teams weaknesses.

I said it two weeks ago. Swap Philbin for John Harbaugh, and the Dolphins beat the Ravens. Same exact rosters, just swap the coaches. We would have beat Baltimore.

Play, after play, after play, after play, they attack Dallas Thomas, and Philbin doesn't adjust. No TE to help. No RB. No rollouts the other way, no screens, no draws, nothing. Same ol play call after another, and Harbaugh just let his players attack that weakness every play til the game was over.

That's not on the players, that's on the coaches.

It is the coaches job to put your players in the best spots to win, and attack the other teams weaknesses.

I said it two weeks ago. Swap Philbin for John Harbaugh, and the Dolphins beat the Ravens. Same exact rosters, just swap the coaches. We would have beat Baltimore.

Play, after play, after play, after play, they attack Dallas Thomas, and Philbin doesn't adjust. No TE to help. No RB. No rollouts the other way, no screens, no draws, nothing. Same ol play call after another, and Harbaugh just let his players attack that weakness every play til the game was over.

That's not on the players, that's on the coaches.

I agree with that but why is Starks so much worse than he was last year, or 2 years ago? Kevin Coyle was still the defensive coordinator. Was he playing for the contract?

Vernon is worse than last year. Dion Jordan had 2.5 sacks last year, hasn't made a sack since coming back from suspension.

Starks could be aging, but also could change his role to the Soliaii role, take up blockers, etc.

Starks could be aging, but also could change his role to the Soliaii role, take up blockers, etc.

Just seems mighty convenient after he got paid.

Kevin Coyle is a walking dead man like Philbin so the scheme will no doubt change in 2015. Some have hoped for a return to the 3-4.

Sure, he could have slipped a little after he got paid, but my guess is it's a combination of all of it. Slightly older, paid, AND new role with Soliaii gone. But still, he, Mitchell, and Odrick have been decent enough, but they haven't had a lot of help.

Look at the rotations as well.

Name another team in the NFL that rests their best pass rusher on the 2nd drive of the game. Any team, name it.

Miami.

Derrick Shelby comes in, on the SECOND drive of the game, every week. For Cameron freaking Wake. :lol: I mean, ****, why so damn early? Wanna rest him/save him, fine, do it in Q2, or Q3, mix it up, do something less predictable. They do it the second drive every damn week. Know what that means? The other team can gameplan for it!!! Wake will be out, so we're going to do X, Y, and Z on this drive, not worried about Shelby. That alone puts the DT's in a tough spot, no?

Bottom line, too many times this staff doesn't put their best 11 out there to cause problems. I'm telling you right now, this same roster, with Rex as the DC, he'd have Wake, Odrick, Starks, Vernon, Jordan, Jenkins, Misi, Grimes, Jones, Delmas, and Finnegan FLYING around the field. Blitzing, attacking, disguising coverages, pre snap, post snap, everything in his bag of tricks. Drop back a DT, rush Jordan from the LB spot, rush Jones, drop Misi back in coverage, all kinda ****. You see that with Philbin/Coyle?

The roster is "stronger" than it was 2-3 years ago. And there is talent growing in the background, but we need a big elevation in talent at the coaching spot.

Tannehill is entering his prime. Miller too. Wallace is useful. Clay is solid. James and Landry have been great, and will get better. Get Albert back. Pouncey. Add a piece or two at RB/WR/OG and deepen the core. Billy Turner might help next year. Dion Sims is showing signs.

Wake and Grimes are aging. Grab a CB in round 1. Jordan can help backfill Wake. Jenkins is emerging nicely, Vernon is solid, the DT's can handle another year with better help. Replace Delmas. Get Jamar Taylor on the field, replace Wheeler, we have Jordan Tripp, Chris McCain learning like Jenkins did last year. Add just 2-3-4 decent pieces via the Draft or FA and the defense can be solid.

If the Oline holds, and Tannehill and Miller have more time, maybe we can control the clock more, like how Dallas did this year with their oline, and the defense gets more rest/fewer chances to wilt. Instead of 33-34 minutes a game, if the Defense plays only 29-30, that could be a big difference late in games. Can be more aggresive, fly around more. More sacks, takeaways, etc.

But to do all that, you have to not have Joe Philbin type coaches. You need guts. And plans of attack. And prep during the week, no coming out flat every week and playing from behind.

Sure, he could have slipped a little after he got paid, but my guess is it's a combination of all of it. Slightly older, paid, AND new role with Soliaii gone. But still, he, Mitchell, and Odrick have been decent enough, but they haven't had a lot of help.

Look at the rotations as well.

Name another team in the NFL that rests their best pass rusher on the 2nd drive of the game. Any team, name it.

Miami.

Derrick Shelby comes in, on the SECOND drive of the game, every week. For Cameron freaking Wake. :lol: I mean, ****, why so damn early? Wanna rest him/save him, fine, do it in Q2, or Q3, mix it up, do something less predictable. They do it the second drive every damn week. Know what that means? The other team can gameplan for it!!! Wake will be out, so we're going to do X, Y, and Z on this drive, not worried about Shelby. That alone puts the DT's in a tough spot, no?

Bottom line, too many times this staff doesn't put their best 11 out there to cause problems. I'm telling you right now, this same roster, with Rex as the DC, he'd have Wake, Odrick, Starks, Vernon, Jordan, Jenkins, Misi, Grimes, Jones, Delmas, and Finnegan FLYING around the field. Blitzing, attacking, disguising coverages, pre snap, post snap, everything in his bag of tricks. Drop back a DT, rush Jordan from the LB spot, rush Jones, drop Misi back in coverage, all kinda ****. You see that with Philbin/Coyle?

The roster is "stronger" than it was 2-3 years ago. And there is talent growing in the background, but we need a big elevation in talent at the coaching spot.

Tannehill is entering his prime. Miller too. Wallace is useful. Clay is solid. James and Landry have been great, and will get better. Get Albert back. Pouncey. Add a piece or two at RB/WR/OG and deepen the core. Billy Turner might help next year. Dion Sims is showing signs.

Wake and Grimes are aging. Grab a CB in round 1. Jordan can help backfill Wake. Jenkins is emerging nicely, Vernon is solid, the DT's can handle another year with better help. Replace Delmas. Get Jamar Taylor on the field, replace Wheeler, we have Jordan Tripp, Chris McCain learning like Jenkins did last year. Add just 2-3-4 decent pieces via the Draft or FA and the defense can be solid.

If the Oline holds, and Tannehill and Miller have more time, maybe we can control the clock more, like how Dallas did this year with their oline, and the defense gets more rest/fewer chances to wilt. Instead of 33-34 minutes a game, if the Defense plays only 29-30, that could be a big difference late in games. Can be more aggresive, fly around more. More sacks, takeaways, etc.

But to do all that, you have to not have Joe Philbin type coaches. You need guts. And plans of attack. And prep during the week, no coming out flat every week and playing from behind.

This is a solid plan, but count on some of these guys to get injured crapping up some of this. It never fails. This year it was the best LB on the roster, the All-Pro LT and the Pro Bowl RB who from the looks of week 1, was going to be a huge part of the offense this year.

Oh I know, that's why a lot of it is about adding depth, on top of the growing talent.

Look at this year. McCain, Tripp, Lynch, Aikens, Turner couldn't help us this year, as being rookies that weren't really ready day 1 to play in the NFL.

But in year 2/3, they will start to help out. Like how Jelani Jenkins was worthless the first year of his career, and has turned out to be a great young player for us.

If those 5 players help us next year, and we can get 2-3 in the draft that help right away (ala Landry/James) and a couple FA's, then suddenly we can absorb an injury or two, just not 11. :lol:

Oh I know, that's why a lot of it is about adding depth, on top of the growing talent.

Look at this year. McCain, Tripp, Lynch, Aikens, Turner couldn't help us this year, as being rookies that weren't really ready day 1 to play in the NFL.

But in year 2/3, they will start to help out. Like how Jelani Jenkins was worthless the first year of his career, and has turned out to be a great young player for us.

If those 5 players help us next year, and we can get 2-3 in the draft that help right away (ala Landry/James) and a couple FA's, then suddenly we can absorb an injury or two, just not 11. :lol:

:lol:

It's really disappointing that Moreno went down because he also added a strong veteran presence on this team. The way he tore up NE in week 1 was a beautiful thing. Who knows what would've happened if Ellerbe was healthy all year.

Albert obviously changed the entire makeup of the line. He was the one guy we couldn't lose. :smh:

So a Sun-Sentinel guy, think it's Hyde, is suggesting Ross will pursue not only Harbaugh but Tom Gamble too... :lol: at Hickey being shown the door already. Man, when will this carousel end?

So a Sun-Sentinel guy, think it's Hyde, is suggesting Ross will pursue not only Harbaugh but Tom Gamble too... :lol: at Hickey being shown the door already. Man, when will this carousel end?

In a sense, it's the right way to approach it.

We been sayin for how long, CLEAN, SWEEP. Everything. But they always half and half. Sparano, but not Ireland. Ireland, but not Philbin. Always that dance.

This time, it "sounds" like, so far, if Philbin goes, so does the GM, even if it isn't his fault. You still bring in the coach and GM as a team, not try to force them into marriage.

In all honesty, I am hoping that the Vikings and Jets beat us, and make it clear, Philbin goes. If we win 9 games "progress" ( :rolleyes ) it would scare me that Ross would let it ride another year. Hammer it home, 7-9, get a better draft spot, even more importantly, ruin the Jets spot by letting them get an extra win, face a 3rd place schedule next year, if the new coach/GM can come in guns blazing right away, and not tear down the entire roster, we could make a decent move next year. If they strip everything, Tannehill, Miller, Hartline, Wallace, Wake, LBers, Delmas, etc, we could be a 2 win team next year, while they rebuild their way. :\

We'll find out pretty soon tho. Fingers crossed.

And I don't think they bring back Moreno, unless it's a cheap cheap contract. If he's willing to come back cheap, I would take him over Daniel Freaking Vorhees Thomas. :lol:

I agree with you, lose these last 2 (Teddy may torch this vulnerable defense anyways) and get Joe out of South Fl. right after the game.

Hickey was solid with the first 2 picks but the free agent guys (Finnegan, Delmas, Mitchell) were just ok. Albert was a no brainer but played half the season.

Edit:

Also FWIW, Miko Grimes said on WQAM that there is a split in the locker room on believers in the QB. Strong support for the coach (good lord) but many of the players she knows say they don't feel confident when Tannehill is on the field. Take it with a grain of salt since she's Brent's wife and is biased towards the defense. And she's an airhead. :lol:

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]Miko is a clown and doesn't know what the hell is going on.

I'll take my sources elsewhere. [/COLOR]

I mean, Tannehill's offense can't feel too good when the defense is on the field neither, so I mean...... :lol:

That's probably the split, 50/50, Offense don't feel good about the Defense, and the Defense don't feel too good about Tannehill and the Offense. :lol:

Get Tanne some protection, and a stud receiver and the offense will produce. I said it hundreds of times since he went down, Albert was key for this offense. We've given up the same amount of sacks as last year since Albert has gone down.

[COLOR=#red]Miko is a clown and doesn't know what the hell is going on.

I'll take my sources elsewhere. [/COLOR]

:lol:

I mean, Tannehill's offense can't feel too good when the defense is on the field neither, so I mean...... :lol:

That's probably the split, 50/50, Offense don't feel good about the Defense, and the Defense don't feel too good about Tannehill and the Offense. :lol:

:lol: i.e. Denver game

Get Tanne some protection, and a stud receiver and the offense will produce. I said it hundreds of times since he went down, Albert was key for this offense. We've given up the same amount of sacks as last year since Albert has gone down.

Schefter said this morning on Mike & Mike that he's 'leaning no' on whether Philbin gets canned. I am afraid we win these last 2 games and 9-7 gets him another year. :smh:

Harbaugh would be getting $8 mill a year from Michigan. Raiders will match and raise. Don't think the Dolphins would pat $10 - $12 million a year for a coach...

Kevin Sumlin.

Yeah, in 2010 y'all were here Week 2, I was at that game. I remember Brandon Marshall opened up the game with a deep, deep catch up the right sideline.

When we dropped that game, that was when most knew the 2010 Minnesota Vikings were nothing like the 2009 Minnesota Vikings.

As much as fans may want to hire Dan Quinn to be the next coach, I saw this PFT comment that resonated

The last 4 head coaches had zero NFL experience.

1. Nick Saban – Passed on drafting Aaron Rodgers. Though Culpepper was better than Brees.

2. Cam Cameron – Selected Ted Ginn Jr. and his entire family. Won one game- Enough said.

3. Tony Sparano – Part of the Parcells regime from Dallas. Suckered Ross into giving him full control and money to pay off his ex-wife. Jeff Ireland set the team back 10 years.

4. Joe Philbin- QB coach. Never called a play in his life. Hires old boss Mike Sherman who selects former player Ryan Tannehill.

Do we really want another guy who's never been an NFL head coach?

Back
Top Bottom