OFFICIAL 2014 MIAMI DOLPHINS SEASON THREAD (8-8) : MAYBE NEXT YEAR SMH

Pretty clear now, Ross is the problem. He's always ok with this ****. :smh:

Don't know if that's the case. He has to KNOW something about Harbaugh, like I said I thought he wouldn't be going past Michigan. He'll either be in Oakland or Ann Arbor.

Also, Ross isn't getting ANOTHER unproven coordinator. I'm 100% happy about that. He must also know something about would be college candidates. Or he must not be looking at them what so ever.

He wanted Harbaugh, he Knows he isn't getting him. You Know what you have in Philbin, team is in place. Bring in another coordinator coach and you have to rebuild with pieces they want. Gives Lazor another year as well.

At the least I hope Coyle is gone.

Interesting stat:

Tannehill now has 10,993 passing yards in his first three seasons. Only players with more are Peyton Manning, Luck, Marino, Dalton & Newton

THIS IS BULL$#!% ....2015 WITH PHILBIN = ANOTHER YEAR OF IRRELEVANCE :smh:

The bright side = Tanny grew A LOT this season!

No... Philbin is gone. Book it Dan-o!

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] damn

I know right?... I don't wanna talk about it. I'm usually right. I said that and went to my theatre to watch It's a Wonderful Life with my fiancée and son... usually don't check my phone in there but got an alert and something told me to look at it

Sure enough... heartbreaking news.

Think there's a conflict of interest with Stephen Ross being a Michigan alum and the school's highest contributing donor?

:rofl: :rofl: at anyone focusing on anything other than Philbin in 2015. 8-8 for years to come! So excited

This organization has been #%@& ever since Shula and Dan retired.

I told y'all after the ravens game. This organization isn't a winning one. We're not built from the top to do that. Guys don't have that mindset and it starts from the top.

I told y'all after the ravens game. This organization isn't a winning one. We're not built from the top to do that. Guys don't have that mindset and it starts from the top.

:stoneface: :smh:

Stephen Ross is a loser, plain and simple. He tolerates mediocrity infinitely more than Wayne ever did. Here Wayne wasn't happy with 10-6, 11-5 and a playoff loss... This dude Ross hasn't even seen playoffs as owner. His decision making has been abysmal. Fire the coach, keep the trainwreck GM. Fire the GM, keep the trainwreck coach. Now, with a chance to finally start fresh, and the team missing the playoffs for the SIXTH year in a row, he brings back the lameduck coach with an under .500 record.

Not sure how anyone can get excited for 2015. The same stupid timeouts, the same lack of passion, the same lack of preparation, the same games that should've been wins becoming losses, the same "I have to do a better job as the coach" bull #%^@^ after every game.

Last edited:
I bet I can sell you. :nerd:

May I present to you, the Dallas Cowboys, or, more specifically, Jason Garrett?

Career .500 coach, never runs the ball, Cowboy fans hate his guts, they shore up Oline, poof, whole team is stronger. QB, RB, Def, all improved because Oline controls the game.

So, here's this....

Omar Kelly @OmarKelly · 6h 6 hours ago
Ryan Tannehill had a 97.5 passer rating in the 5 games the Dolphins featured an O-line with BOTH Mike Pouncey & Branden Albert on the field.

Then, this

Daniel Eliesen @DanielEliesen · 6h 6 hours ago
Ryan Tannehill is the 8th rated QB on the season per @PFF. He has an overall grade of +13.0 on the season.

Then I add this.....

Tannehill 26
Miller 23
Wallace 28
Clay 25
Sims 23
Pouncey 25
James 22
Landry 22

Now, trim some fat. Get rid of Moore's contract, Hartline, Gibson, Daniel Thomas.

We hope to see more improvement from Rishard Mathews, 25, Billy Turner 23, Damien Williams 23, Arthur Lynch 24, and of course, get Albert back, he's 30.

That's a pretty young core, most of them still improving. Add a couple cheaper vets, and a nice draft class (pick or two) and the offense could improve even a little more than this year.

So then defense.

Wake and Grimes are the old folks, we know that.

Vernon 24
Jordan 24
Fede 23
Mitchell 27
Odrick 26
Jenkins 22
Misi 27
Taylor 24
Jones 26
Davis 24

Then add this last year's draft class, which has been redshirting. Johnson 21, Tripp 23, McCain 23, Aikens 23

Cut the fat that might be Starks, Ellerbee, and Wheeler (along with the offensive players) and guess what? You now have some decent money. Fill in the hole at DT. Draft a CB in round 1 to help the secondary. Add a Safety, and maybe another piece or two at LB for depth, you have a decently built roster.

Play your cards right (and we don't know trade up, trade down, etc via the draft, but as an example)

Round 1 CB
Round 2 OG
Round 3 S
Round 4 LB
Round 5 Bigger RB
Round 6 BPA

Say some of those FA's were Andre Johnson and Frank Gore (or, dare we dream) Marshawn Lynch, with a Rd 2 OG to solidify the line, Tannehill improving, James, Landry, Miller, Sims all improving, Wallace and Clay still here, is that not a better offense?

And on D, you spend some of the money to fill in Starks and the LBers, and the rest of the draft brings you a new CB and S, and both are young/cheap, along with the picks from last year that will enter their 2nd years, now we have more depth, plenty of youth, and plenty of developing pieces. Look at what Jenkins and Sims have started to show. Look how Landry and James were as rookies, what might they do in year 2? Pouncey, Jones, and Jordan won't miss the first month of the year this time. (hopefully)

And BTW, Manning, and Brady will each be a year older, possibly starting to show cracks at the top of the AFC. Rex may be out in NY. Buffalo has no first round pick this year, and still no QB.

Is it not possible, that this dumb *** Philbin might not even be able to get in the way, like Garrett in Dallas this year? :nerd:

No... Philbin is gone. Book it Dan-o!
[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] damn
I know right?... I don't wanna talk about it. I'm usually right. I said that and went to my theatre to watch It's a Wonderful Life with my fiancée and son... usually don't check my phone in there but got an alert and something told me to look at it

Sure enough... heartbreaking news.
my friend is a huge dolphins fan and he was mad disappointed to yesterday 
laugh.gif

maybe philbin will get it right cause yall have the talent 

I think Philbin deserves one more year. New OC with a new offense and Tannehill flourished. We had the 7th most difficult schedule in the league and still potentially can end up with a 9-7 record. Even though we lost we were right in the mix with contenders (denver, lions and gb) and easily could've won those games. And also don't forget that injuries killed us. The OL was still pieced together and we've been missing LB's and safeties. We're in good shape for next year.

Career .500 coach, never runs the ball, Cowboy fans hate his guts, they shore up Oline, poof, whole team is stronger. QB, RB, Def, all improved because Oline controls the game.

So, here's this....
Then, this
Then I add this.....

Tannehill 26
Miller 23
Wallace 28
Clay 25
Sims 23
Pouncey 25
James 22
Landry 22

Now, trim some fat. Get rid of Moore's contract, Hartline, Gibson, Daniel Thomas.

We hope to see more improvement from Rishard Mathews, 25, Billy Turner 23, Damien Williams 23, Arthur Lynch 24, and of course, get Albert back, he's 30.

That's a pretty young core, most of them still improving. Add a couple cheaper vets, and a nice draft class (pick or two) and the offense could improve even a little more than this year.

So then defense.

Vernon 24
Jordan 24
Fede 23
Mitchell 27
Odrick 26
Jenkins 22
Misi 27
Taylor 24
Jones 26
Davis 24

Then add this last year's draft class, which has been redshirting. Johnson 21, Tripp 23, McCain 23, Aikens 23

Cut the fat that might be Starks, Ellerbee, and Wheeler (along with the offensive players) and guess what? You now have some decent money. Fill in the hole at DT. Draft a CB in round 1 to help the secondary. Add a Safety, and maybe another piece or two at LB for depth, you have a decently built roster.

Play your cards right (and we don't know trade up, trade down, etc via the draft, but as an example)

Round 1 CB
Round 2 OG
Round 3 S
Round 4 LB
Round 5 Bigger RB
Round 6 BPA

Say some of those FA's were Andre Johnson and Frank Gore (or, dare we dream) Marshawn Lynch, with a Rd 2 OG to solidify the line, Tannehill improving, James, Landry, Miller, Sims all improving, Wallace and Clay still here, is that not a better offense?

And on D, you spend some of the money to fill in Starks and the LBers, and the rest of the draft brings you a new CB and S, and both are young/cheap, along with the picks from last year that will enter their 2nd years, now we have more depth, plenty of youth, and plenty of developing pieces. Look at what Jenkins and Sims have started to show. Look how Landry and James were as rookies, what might they do in year 2? Pouncey, Jones, and Jordan won't miss the first month of the year this time. (hopefully)

And BTW, Manning, and Brady will each be a year older, possibly starting to show cracks at the top of the AFC. Rex may be out in NY. Buffalo has no first round pick this year, and still no QB.

Is it not possible, that this dumb *** Philbin might not even be able to get in the way, like Garrett in Dallas this year? :nerd:

I agree with most of this. Give Tanne a stud WR, Dre Johnson or someone and protection to help with our vertical passing game and 3rd down conversion, and we win 3 more games this year.

Something has to give defensively. Can't say I'm entirely pissed at Ross for at least letting him work through it. I would say Philbin has 5 games, max, to make it work.

What angers me is how close this season was to greatness, even without so many pieces.

7 losses, we had the lead late vs GB, Det, and Denver. a 10-0 lead at home vs Balt. We were down 14-13 at half at NE. And really, it was 9-0 at Buffalo, and that idiot wouldn't let us go into a 2 minute offense with 3 timeouts and the 2 minute warning still. :smh: And we got that game to 16-0.

The KC game was the only game this year where we never came anywhere close. 1 game, in 15.

If we had just about ANY other NFL coach, we probably have 10-11 wins right now.

If we get just a little bit luckier with injuries, have just a little more improvement from all those young guys I mentioned, and have a decent draft class + 2-3 decent FA adds, and a possibly easier schedule, I don't know why we wouldn't have a good shot at 10+ wins next season.

Sadly, it could all come down to coaching, again. |I

I’m guessing Stephen Ross didn’t become Stephen Ross based on rash decisions. The guy has done all right, well enough to earn a cathedral of capitalism bearing his name in Ann Arbor. Still, it feels like announcing your head coach’s return after a gut-wrenching win that includes a game-deciding safety may not be the best time.

Based on everything Philbin and Ross said after the game, the final two weeks of the season had no bearing on whether Philbin would be back, but a lot can happen in two weeks. We’ll never know what would have happened if the Vikings got off that final punt and eventually pulled out a win in overtime.

But Philbin will be back, and he’ll again be in charge of a playoff-caliber roster that watched the playoffs from home. Keeping his job obviously leaves Philbin a winner, but his security should also provide some for Ryan Tannehill. If Ross had gone in a different direction with his coach, there’s at least a chance the new regime would have wanted to start over at quarterback. (See: everything that has happened in Washington.) By bringing back Philbin and his staff, Tannehill gets another year in Bill Lazor’s offense and another year to build on the undeniable progress he’s made.

So, here's this....
Then, this
Then I add this.....

Tannehill 26
Miller 23
Wallace 28
Clay 25
Sims 23
Pouncey 25
James 22
Landry 22

So then defense.

Vernon 24
Jordan 24
Fede 23
Mitchell 27
Odrick 26
Jenkins 22
Misi 27
Taylor 24
Jones 26
Davis 24

Round 1 CB
Round 2 OG
Round 3 S
Round 4 LB
Round 5 Bigger RB
Round 6 BPA

I like the sound of this. Does this include firing Coyle?

I wish, but chances are everyone comes back.

All we can hope for is Hickey/Philbin/Lazor/Coyle have a better understanding as a unit in year 2.

If not, I think then everyone dies. Hickey, Philbin, Lazor, Coyle, Tannehill, Wake, Grimes, Wallace could ALL be gone. A complete clean sweep for the whole franchise.

I think Ross wants to give everyone one more year to figure it out.

Just my guess.

Back
Top Bottom