OFFICIAL 2014 MIAMI DOLPHINS SEASON THREAD (8-8) : MAYBE NEXT YEAR SMH

[COLOR=#red]Earl isn't official, said to be 4 years - $16 mill - $9 guaranteed.[/COLOR]

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 10m
Branden Albert's $9.2M per year avg and $25M guaranteed leading the free agent LT class so far. Only Eugene Monroe still not signed.

[COLOR=#red]First wave seems to be done...

Dolphins need to go after a RT/G (more so I would like them to). Asamoah is still out there but with him visiting the Falcons it looks bad, maybe grab Davin Joseph on the cheap. Tackle pick up Strief, Howard or Oher.

Seems like RBs are cheap cheap cheap... Bring in Toby Gerhart. Liked that guy A Lot at Stanford and so far in the pros.

Possibly another DE/DT. Tuck? Ware? Alex Carrington? (youth movement they seem to be on)

Pretty quiet as of now though. [/COLOR]

Not sure why would want to bring in another DEnd with Vernon, Jordan, and Wake. We need to shift our mlb. With solial and Starks in the middle, Ellerbe was a ghost inside. Wheeler was no better on the outside either.

Brining in Revis makes little sense too, considering we drafted two CBs relatively high last year.

@AdamSchefter: San Francisco trading a conditional draft pick to Miami for OT Jonathan Martin, per league sources.

Bringing in a DE will contribute to strength. Great rotation... ask the Giants. Plus, as I've said, Wake is getting older. He, not Jordan, should be limited/important reps and not an ever down DE. Or get traded for value, same with Matt Moore... Blaine was worth a freakin 6th round conditional.

Glad the 49ers are taking that piece of trash off the Dolphins hands. Hope it's a 4th at least.

Pats lose Talib
Bills lose Byrd
Jets lose their RT. (Opposite Wake)

Dolphins land LT and younger, more athletic DT, plus pull a draft pick for Martin.

I can live with that for day 1.

b albert 76 
smokin.gif

[COLOR=#red]Good job Hickey.

Still need a Guard/Right Tackle... little noise on anything now though. Still decent options out there. [/COLOR]

Pull Brandon Spikes and put him inside, move Ellerbe outside.
[COLOR=#red]
I like this idea.

Could also be a draft prospect. Trade down and pick up more picks in the deepest draft, make a first round pick, and get a Shane Skov or Chris Borland. Which still pushes Ellerbe to the outside. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]Cortland Finnegan signing a 2 year with the phins...

Not sure how I feel about it. He was burned a lot on a good team. We'll see. If it's for the cheap, why not. depth. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]Shelly Smith to the Dolphins... 2 years, $5.5 million [/COLOR]

He was graded by Pro Football Focus as the league’s 23rd best guard of 81 last season. It was only his second year as a starter (he graded 56th in 2012.)

Last season he was graded as the league’s fourth-best run blocking guard but 58th in pass protection. He was a 6th round draft choice out of Colorado State in 2010.

I still think we lack explosion on the offense. I like Mike Wallace, contrary to the criticism that he receives. I just think we need a guy who can shield off the pressure. I already think our O-line is 100x better than last year.

Mccluster would've been a nice pick-up.

Back
Top Bottom