OFFICIAL 2015-2016 College Football Season Thread

LOL

he was never offered the job because you know good and damn well him and kennedy polamalum dont get along at all.lakwwe

good ol jimmy sexton doing his job to get kiffin name out there and get him more $$$

stekmluPolamalu

you said that as if Kennedy wouldn't be expendable if they knew Kiffin was available.

Kennedy would have been out the door in a quick second.

The Kennedy and tui combo was rumored from day 1. Kp wasn't going anywhere he means to much to the program at this point(he is one of the best Rb coaches/recruiters in the country)

The Kennedy and tui combo was rumored from day 1. Kp wasn't going anywhere he means to much to the program at this point(he is one of the best Rb coaches/recruiters in the country)

Correct, one of the best "rb coaches/recruiters" in the country.

But he was never the first option and nor should he be when you have someone like Rosen leading your program. You do everything you can to get someone who knows how to work with QB's. Rosen would be low-key disappointed a running back guy, something Kennedy has been for his entire career (his specialty), is in charge of him. Its no knock on Kennedy, really. He's great at what he does. But Kiffin is phenomenal with QB's. Rosen would have been the most talented QB he ever worked with. I'm thrilled it didn't work out.

UCLA would have knocked it out the park if Kiffin was brought over. Cant think of a better option out there for them

Is UCLA still going to be running a version of the Holgoraid with KP, or are they moving more towards a WC O?

Last edited:
Not sure if serious or speaking to one of those USC football fan/UCLA basketball fan hybrids. :lol:

not sure what that means. USC all day here.

But Rosen is special. He's just more talented than any QB we've had since Carson Palmer. I don't think you're such a homer that you can't admit a UCLA player is better than USC player. I'm able to be impartial and admit when theres someone better at UCLA.

And when I say talent, I'm speaking more about what the kid can do and where his future is going in terms of NFL abilities.

To even put JDB or Barkley in the same sentence as Rosen is kind of silly. And Leinart, well, he had a phenomenal career, but was surrounded with ridiculously good players.

Is UCLA still going to a version of the Holgoraid with KP, or are they moving more towards a WC O?

Curious about this as well.

Their identity IS Josh Rosen, so whatever they do, its all about him. i think Kennedy has his work cut out for him. Sure, its great to have a great QB to start with, but you still gotta make it work.

again, thank god Kiffin didn't come to be the OC.

Not sure if serious or speaking to one of those USC football fan/UCLA basketball fan hybrids.
laugh.gif
141682592_57314a1653.jpg

Michael Pittman just bumped up to a a 5 star. That makes two out of this class so far. Could land 1-4 more (depending on Mique) before the class is over.

Also Velus Jones made an unannounced trip to SC for this recruiting weekend. Lots of talk now that he may decide to stick with his commit. The Tennessee flip looking less and less likely, but Bama and Florida looming.

Also, in re: Rashan
Going into this weekend, Michigan, Ole Miss, Auburn, LSU and Clemson where considered the favorites for the country's top recruits, and they might still be.

However, NJ.com has received correspondence from Gary's mother Jennifer Coney, from the West coast, indicating the Trojans could become a player in Gary's recruitment down the stretch.

"USC is a game-changer, for real," said Coney. "Believe it or not, I have checked all the boxes."
nerd.gif

Last edited:
Is Rosen a good QB? Sure, will he live up to the hype? Who knows.

Just wondering what your basing this on.

I would actually compare him to JDB hype wise. JDB had to sit behind arguably one of the greatest QB's in college football history, Matt Leinart. Still had a solid Junior season.

This dude completely forgot about Leinart, :lol:. ******* "fans".

Unless NFL success defines how good a QB was in college your assessment is a little off.

I wish Kennedy Pola the best although he may be in over his head. It's a big step.

Is Rosen a good QB? Sure, will he live up to the hype? Who knows.

Just wondering what your basing this on.

I would actually compare him to JDB hype wise. JDB had to sit behind arguably one of the greatest QB's in college football history, Matt Leinart. Still had a solid Junior season.

This dude completely forgot about Leinart, :lol:. ******* "fans".

Unless NFL success defines how good a QB was in college your assessment is a little off.

I wish Kennedy Pola the best although he may be in over his head. It's a big step.

of course i didn't forget about Leinart. But he was a product of what surrounded him. It happens with a bunch of Trojans. Some of the more hyped players (Leinart, Bush, Lendale, Jarrett, MWill) never panned out because they were good college players that played with great talent around them.

Rosen is the first QB taken this year if he was allowed to enter the draft.

It has nothing to do with what Leinart did in college. But flat out, Rosen has more talent then him. Is that really debatable? He can make every throw out there. Dude was a true freshmen and came out here like he owned it. NFL QB. Leonard was a noodle arm with good accuracy FOR THE COLLEGE GAME. Stats don't mean a damn thing when it comes to talent. Its usually the guys with lesser stats that are more talented.

Stats and college accomplishments are extremely overrated. Extremely. It means nothing, unless you are content with just being a household college name. Winning a Heisman is overrated for the most part. Hows Leinart doing? RG3? Manziel? Bradford? Tebow? Troy Smith? There are certainly more talented players than those guys in each year they won, right?

I'm baffled its even a question. We're laughing because someone is saying someone is more talented than a guy who won a trophy or national championships? Nobody was more talented than AJ McCarron? Coker? Dorsey?

You probably would have scoffed at me for saying Aaron Rogers was more talented than Leinart in college, right? Its essentially the same thing I'm saying right now. Was ROgers not? But Leinart had all the accomplishments in college compared to Rogers.

Rosen is the #1 pick in the 2018 draft barring any significant injury. Unlike Leinart, nobody will be able to pick him apart and talk about his arm strength.

Last edited:
Talent/tool wise, Rosen is better than all three of those guys.

I'm glad someone else can see that.

Thats all I said. I think 99 out of 100 people would agree. But then the college accomplishments argument had to come out, like that has anything to do with talent.

Pretty sure my ROgers vs Leinart comparison shut all that noise up.

@BruceFeldmanCFB: #Alabama DL Jonathan Allen, the guy who led the Tide in sacks (12) & TFLs (14.5) announces he's NOT jumping to NFL & will be back in 2016.

There was no consensus that Matt Leinart was more talented than Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers was projected as a top 5 pick, if not the #1 pick in the draft. It's why it was such a shock when Alex Smith, Braylon Edwards, and the RBs were all taken ahead of him when every single one of those teams had uncertain to no QB situation. Rodgers dropped to near the end of the 1st round (24th overall I think) and it's still a shock today. If it wasn't they wouldn't mention it every time he plays Alex Smith or one of the teams that had promised him they'd take him then passed. He was a first round pick, and it's a shock he didn't go higher. Consider that.

Don't reinvent history to support your argument.

As for physical tools Rosen is a big kid, has a huge arm, and a high football IQ. He's a stud and has all the tools to be a top draft pick. He also wilts against the blitz, makes HORRIBLE mental gaffes, and didn't complete what seemed to be a single pass outside of the pocket against an awful Nebraska team?

Is he more physically talented than Leinart? He has a stronger arm, sure. Is he more physically talented than John David Booty and Matt Barkley? How? In college both of those guys could make every throw and showed to be about as athletic as anything Rosen did. He hasn't exactly wowed people with his dual threat ability. If anything, the knock on him is he's been less mobile than his high school tape showed and he can't throw on the move at all.

Rosen might end up being the best QB to ever come out of California, but going off his freshman year it's premature to say he's better than those player, and you can't in good reason make the argument he's more talented than all of them because he hasn't shown that yet. Peak Booty and Barkley were better than anything Rosen did his freshman year.

He's impressive because he's 18. But all we've seen is an impressive 18 year old. Good Rosen was great and bad Rosen was attrocious. It's to be expected. I don't see the need for the superlatives at this point?

Last edited:
"PEAK BOOTY AND BARKLEY WERE BETTER THAN ANYTHING ROSEN DID HIS FRESHMEN YEAR"

Pretty much said it all.

Thats the same thing as me saying Rosen's freshmen year was way better than both of their freshmen years. No ****.

It took Barkley 2 seasons to get to where Rosen is now. What was said about Rosen was what Barkley was doing as a senior.

Or course Rosen is going to have bad moments. He's a true freshmen. Nobody will ever deny that. Not one QB was ever perfect.

I don't even want to talk about JDB. Rosen was better than JDB his entire career. Would love to see Rosen have Jarrett and Steve Smith as his two wide receivers his freshmen year. Look what happened to JDB once those two left and he had Hazleton and Turner to throw tow, with Fred Davis.

Its all speculation, of course. This is what we do when talking about sports.

Next time, I will say IMO..........

Also I have no idea what this means or has to do with the debate you and @ooIRON MANoo were having?
Its usually the guys with lesser stats that are more talented.
I'm curious about this too:
Their identity IS Josh Rosen, so whatever they do, its all about him.
Sure didn't seem like it when they kept trying to have him run the Brett Hundley playbook and rolling him out when he's no threat to run.

UCLA definitely didn't put him in a position to succeed a lot of this season.

"PEAK BOOTY AND BARKLEY WERE BETTER THAN ANYTHING ROSEN DID HIS FRESHMEN YEAR"

Pretty much said it all.

Thats the same thing as me saying Rosen's freshmen year was way better than both of their freshmen years. No ****.

It took Barkley 2 seasons to get to where Rosen is now. What was said about Rosen was what Barkley was doing as a senior.

Or course Rosen is going to have bad moments. He's a true freshmen. Nobody will ever deny that. Not one QB was ever perfect.

I don't even want to talk about JDB. Rosen was better than JDB his entire career. Would love to see Rosen have Jarrett and Steve Smith as his two wide receivers his freshmen year. Look what happened to JDB once those two left and he had Hazleton and Turner to throw tow, with Fred Davis.

Its all speculation, of course. This is what we do when talking about sports.

Next time, I will say IMO..........
Rosen's first year wasn't better than both of their first years as starters, though... Barkley's team finished with a better record his freshman year and career wise, do you think Rosen will ever have a season like Barkley's Junior year? Feel free to project that if you want...

And I think you don't remember John David Booty well...

Last edited:
Also I have no idea what this means or has to do with the debate you and @ooIRON MANoo
were having?

I'm curious about this too:

Sure didn't seem like it when they kept trying to have him run the Brett Hundley playbook and rolling him out when he's no threat to run.

UCLA definitely didn't put him in a position to succeed a lot of this season.

case in point about stats/accomplishments: Rogers vs Leinart.

What i was saying was stats don't mean you're better than the next guy. Its all about the situation you're in, the team you are on. Those with better teams will have better stats. Leinarts stats were way better than Rodgers in 2004. But it didn't mean he was better.

and yes, Josh is their identity moving forward. They are building the program around him. He's going to dictate what happens with the offense. Coming into this year, it was about running the ball and winning games with their defense. NOBODY thought he'd be this far along. Kennedy has an advantage Mazzone didn't. He knows what Rosen is about. He's going a lot of time to build everything around him. Everything starts from Rosen right now.

Back
Top Bottom