OFFICIAL 2015-2016 College Football Season Thread

The word on Crawford was before he committed he'd still OV's so I figured that he wouldn't stick. I guess we'll see what happens.

@CourtneyRCronin: Can confirm 4-star Meridian DL Raekwon Davis has flipped his commitment from Alabama to Mississippi State per multiple sources. Story coming

Unfortunately for MSU & others he may be Juco bound

Hoke's not going to out-scheme anybody, but he'll recruit well and field some good DL's for Oregon. 

He'll probably run a 4-3 Under with mostly C1 & C3. 

Hoke's not going to out-scheme anybody, but he'll recruit well and field some good DL's for Oregon. 

He'll probably run a 4-3 Under with mostly C1 & C3. 

Imma give him the benefit of the doubt bc he's been in MANY defensive meeting rooms.

Best bet for him is he has no tendencies right now.
That defense could completely surprise and overwhelm the first 3 or 4 opponents.

Then again, Ducks Front 7 has to completely change. And that's going to take more than 2 recruiting cycles

Last edited:
Why? The Ducks have one of the more athletic talented D lines in the conference. They just aren't coached at all and have to be on the field for 45 minutes a game. I don't know if that means they field smaller/better conditioned guys but can big bruising dudes run in the universally uptempo pac 12?

I'm legitimately asking. I don't have the scheme/personnel knowledge you, Bobby, and a bunch of others have.

Last edited:
Why? The Ducks have one of the more athletic talented D lines in the conference. They just aren't coached at all and have to be on the field for 45 minutes a game. I don't know if that means they field smaller/better conditioned guys but can big bruising dudes run in the universally uptempo pac 12?

I'm legitimately asking. I don't have the scheme/personnel knowledge you, Bobby, and a bunch of others have.

Surprisingly, the D line hasn't been the issue. This year linebacking and secondary play were atrocious :x Of course the offense plays a role in how the defense plays with any team and without VA, Oregon was going three and out or turning it over, putting the defense back on the field in a less than advantageous situation.

Hoke will move Oregon's D to a 4-3 scheme though, so it will take some time to get the right guys in place ot do that.

Being athletic doesn't mean you can stop the run up front.

Front 7 includes LB, and they SUCKED all year.

Eddie McDoom decommitted from Oregon.

Ducks lost their top two guys in Jared Mayden and McDoom in the last two weeks :smh:

Rashan Gary's mother said the SC defensive line coach will be announced Wednesday and will be flying to Jersey to meet with her and her son. Didn't say who it is.

Apparently she's a USC insider now.

Maybe Crawford is flipping. Seems like McDoom is Michigan bound.

FSU bringing in Pie Young for a visit.

Miami visiting DTs and looking like they actually have a chance with some.

Nothing like crootin' in January.

Like I said was told Crawford is going to flip to UCLA but I haven't been following his recruitment since he dropped SC, just got it from that one convo about him. If he's still looking at Oregon too, I haven't heard.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom