OFFICIAL 2015-2016 College Football Season Thread

Elliot's reasoning for decomitting from Michigan was he thought there would be more Texas guys to follow. He didn't want to be the only Texas guy. I think he's going to be a kid that transfers to multiple schools through his career.

Elliot's reasoning for decomitting from Michigan was he thought there would be more Texas guys to follow. He didn't want to be the only Texas guy. I think he's going to be a kid that transfers to multiple schools through his career.
Think there was a piece a few years ago about guys who make multiple commitments like that and their success rates in school.

Whats the feeling on Wilcox??? Aranda was real good, does Wiscy downgrade or keep it level???
He runs a read and react defense. Schematically, he has good ideas. He was never able to implement them fully at SC or Washington, though. It's unclear if it's because his defensive schemes are too complex and involved for college kids (at both stops players would always be out of position and confused as to what their assignment was) or if he's just a bad coach and unable to really teach his defense to kids. Consensus leans to the latter.

He was our DC and in reality the defensive backs coach as well this year, since Keith Heyward is terrible at everything but recruiting, so maybe the issue was he had too many responsibilities. Or again, maybe he's just bad at teaching and installing his scheme. It's since come out that after Sark's firing Helton started over ruling Wilcox on a lot of his defensive calls which is why the defense got more aggressive instead of sitting back and waiting.

Wilcox definitely is not an aggressive coach, though. He's not going to blitz a lot, but his scheme isn't too different from Aranda's. He runs a 3-4, with a hybrid safety/linebacker playing close to the line (Shaq Thompson, Su'a Cravens.) With a super disciplined defense he can be successful. Problem is he probably isn't going to be the coach to teach them discipline.

Case in point: After Christian McCaffrey burned us for a 50 yard touchdown in the pac 12 championship, every reporter in the media box adjoining the coaches box, through the wall, could hear Wilcox screaming, "F***! F***! F***! F***!" over and over.
ohwell.gif

Last edited:
Wisconsin fans. You will see ZERO blitzing with Wilcox. Or you'll get a blitz when its not the right time. Be prepared to listen to the tv commentators talk about why he didn't call a blitz, especially Chris Spielman. He routinely calls out what Wilcox is going to call before it even happens

Was secretly hoping he ended up at Oregon

Last edited:
Jordan Elliott decommitted from Michigan. Pushed out or heading to SC or back to Houston?

statis22 statis22 [emoji]128064[/emoji]

Yea he's going to Texas. Pretty strong Houston contingent probably going up there with him.

Charlie's about to close strong (no pun) 2nd year in a row

I read he's supposed to UV to Austin this weekend. If he does its over.

Cuffee is expected to commit today too

He's most assuredly UV'ing since he never OV'ed

They have interest in Pie, just not necessarily in the position that he wants to play. Brewster loves the kid

Gotta do what you gotta do though lol

Last edited:
Tagaloa and Asiasi staying on the West Coast??? Cant see either of them coming to Michigan but wanted to see what WC guys have heard

Last edited:
Harbaugh is my favorite.
Michigan Athletics ‏@UMichAthletics 34m34 minutes ago
Pumped to have 16-time world champion THE Nature Boy (@RicFlairNatrBoy) join us next week.

I hope the Nature Boy let's all those people know that their talking to the Rolex wearin’, diamond ring wearin’, kiss stealin’, wheelin’ dealin’, limousine ridin’, jet flyin’ son of a gun. And he apparently is having a hard time holding these alligators down. Woo!

I hope the Nature Boy let's all those people know that their talking to the Rolex wearin’, diamond ring wearin’, kiss stealin’, wheelin’ dealin’, limousine ridin’, jet flyin’ son of a gun. And he apparently is having a hard time holding these alligators down. Woo!

anigif_enhanced-31861-1426272575-5.gif

Back
Top Bottom