OFFICIAL 2015 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD (NBA FINALS SET; GSW V. CLE - (But we have a whole week before the

What Team is Going to Win the Finals?

• Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors

• I Can't Decide

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone please explain how athletes sneaker deals work. Dwight Howard was wearing the Chicago 1's in that vine video of him making that end to end full court shot. Couldn't Adidas terminate his sneaker contract by viewing that video?
Maybe he only has to wear Adidas during games

Naw he would get in trouble for wearing those, basically meaning they dont have to pay the full amount of the deal

Edit: shoe deals cant forcibly make you stop wearing other brands

Last edited:
Naw he would get in trouble for wearing those, basically meaning they dont have to pay the full amount of the deal

Most are on court. So technically they can wear anything when they are not in public view.

Hes rocking um on a bball court though :lol:

Right in front of the arena
laugh.gif
yeah **** that's right there haha

Someone please explain how athletes sneaker deals work. Dwight Howard was wearing the Chicago 1's in that vine video of him making that end to end full court shot. Couldn't Adidas terminate his sneaker contract by viewing that video?

Maybe he only has to wear Adidas during games

Oh wow. That's dope.

Really? Then what's the point of a sneaker deal? :lol:

Most are on court. So technically they can wear anything when they are not in public view.

Hes rocking um on a bball court though :lol:

So most sneaker deals are on court only? So as long as their not televised NBA games, they can wear Reebok or Adidas for casual wear?!

Oh wow. That's dope.
Really? Then what's the point of a sneaker deal? :lol:
So most sneaker deals are on court only? So as long as their not televised NBA games, they can wear Reebok or Adidas for casual wear?!

Yes guys like iverson, kanye, and jay z back in the day when he was reebok are rumored to have big nike n jordan collections even tho they sign to adidas

Although ai might not be able to wear jordan outside that house since adidas gave him that lifetime contract :lol:

I don't feel excited for any of today's games...

Does anyone feel the same?

I mean we pretty much know who is winning all of the series that have games today, no suspense :\

I doubt all shoe deals work exactly the same. When they're huge shoe and apparel contracts like LeBron, Kobe, KD and Rose have, the probably do include terms that try to force that athlete to wear exclusively Nike or Adidas athletic products, even off court. Dwight's deal may work differently. Plus, realistically, if Adidas is making money from Dwight endorsing their shoes, they're not going to want to terminate the contract just because he's spotted wearing Jordans occasionally. Probably just a call from Adidas to Dwight's lawyer saying, "yeah, can you ry and encourage your client not to be filmed wearing shoes from another brand." Probably not worth it for them to make a big deal out of him wearing another brand here and there, as long as its not for games. And probably everyone gets a sort-of a pass for wearing Jordans casually because they're Jordans.

I don't feel excited for any of today's games...

Does anyone feel the same?

I mean we pretty much know who is winning all of the series that have games today, no suspense :\

I'm with you. I don't expect to watch any of them all the way through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom