Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What we are seeing now is in direct correlation to the idea that the Grizz have been in win now mode for the past 6yrs. The Grizz spent that whole time trying to make some noise in the playoffs if the core was healthy and they had a supporting cast mostly comprised of veteran guys. At no point where they ever interested in developing young talent to come up behind the core, nor where they interested in going after young free agents that they could groom to be ready for times like these.

So now we are left with a situation where the core 4 is slowly diminishing along with their ability to stay healthy. The lack of interest in development of young players is reering its ugly head because our bench is comprised of rookies 2nd and 3rd year guys and a 40yr old. Not to mention our wasted FA investments Brandon Wright and Troy Daniels.

So, Fizdale is only trying to get us to develop more quality players. We can't simply rely heavily on these guys every single night and expect them to stay healthy. 95% of the people on here kept talking about how much of a bad investment Conley and Parsons was because they are always hurt, but getting upset that they're resting to stay healthy :lol: . Its not something I want to see us do all the time nor do I want to see us do it against potential West playoff teams. I'll rather Fiz stagger the minutes or rest Marc one night and Conley the other. Our bench isn't experienced enough right now to sit everyone and expect to be competitive.

Also, this is an organizational decision and not all on Fizdale.

Memphis is known for overplaying their veteran guys. Overplaying our guys last year is basically what caused them to have some of those injuries. I do think there is a good balance between playing them and over playing them, though.

At the end of the day, I'm happy to see us finally developing some youth. I'm excited about James Ennis, Deyonta Davis, Wade Baldwin and Jarell Martin. Those guys have showed flashes early in the year and will come in handy when we need rotation guys down the road.

Last edited:
They barely beat that team last week with Conley and Gasol in the lineup. Fiz basically decided he'd rather lose than play them last night. He should have called the league and tried to forfeit. That way all od his players could rest. Does he think his team is good enough to win two/three series without home court advantage? Or does he know they aren't and is looking towards next season?

They barely beat that team last week with Conley and Gasol in the lineup. Fiz basically decided he'd rather lose than play them last night. He should have called the league and tried to forfeit. That way all od his players could rest. Does he think his team is good enough to win two/three series without home court advantage? Or does he know they aren't and is looking towards next season?

That's another thing.

Your roster is already depleted, you have a young team playing their 1st home game, desperate for a win and they're a bad matchup for us. Do you risk playing Conley/Gasol last night for 25 minutes in a game that could've been a scheduled lost anyway? Or do you rest them and suit them up today against the Pelicans in Memphis and win the game without the heavy minute restriction?

He shouldn't have forfeited because its still valuable time for the young guys to play. I was happy to see Deyonta Davis out there finally and he looked good.

Like I said, I don't think if we are in the middle of a playoff race 1-2 games out from a favorable seed that Fiz will rest guys. If anything, I expect him to play them a lot more if we are put in that position. We were just unfortunate to have a 4 games in 5 night set this early into the season. I don't even think we have another one until January.

And believe it or not, but this team is going to be good. Health was the main concern amongst all "experts" this offseason. Not many people really questioned the talent level, even though some people still understate how talented some of our guys are. People automatically expected Marc to lose a step and he's starting out great. People thought Conley would put up his number 15 and 6 and he's starting out great. I'm sure people will understate Parson's ability for this team as well. No one even factored in the rotation guys being better. Not to mention Zbo looking good in the 6th man role. I don't know if they're a contender, but its still plenty of games to be played.

As terrible as least season was, Grizz were 39-26 before losing 14 of their last 17 games :lol: . This was with a completely different squad, old and no Conley/Gasol in the last 17 games. Unless they somehow go through the same injury struggle this year and play 28 guys, I'm sure they are a lock for a top 5 seed (no lower than 6th).

Last edited:
Is league pass screwing up for anybody else? I couldn't stream any games last night and I can't rewatch games that I missed? Stupid nba.com messed everything up by changing their dumb site.

Is league pass screwing up for anybody else? I couldn't stream any games last night and I can't rewatch games that I missed? Stupid nba.com messed everything up by changing their dumb site.

League Pass was working fine for me last night. Then again I was watching from my phone and not on my computer.

Hindsight is 20/20, but when you look back and think what could have been if Whiteside wasn't a headcase back then. 
mean.gif

People were screaming for us to keep Whiteside over ******* Ryan Hollins prior to him going to Miami.

Just my opinion,

But precationary or not, having to sit players 4 games into a season for rest, when they are fresh off of an Achilles injury, broken foot, Microfracture, hamstring, and they aren't young...that's not good...like that isn't good at all. I would be very worried about that.

Not saying that it's a death sentence, but it's extremely alarming when old guys who had serious injuries the year before are either not suiting up at all yet, or are sitting out games 4 games into the season.

Just my opinion,

But precationary or not, having to sit players 4 games into a season for rest, when they are fresh off of an Achilles injury, broken foot, Microfracture, hamstring, and they aren't young...that's not good...like that isn't good at all. I would be very worried about that.

Not saying that it's a death sentence, but it's extremely alarming when old guys who had serious injuries the year before are either not suiting up at all yet, or are sitting out games 4 games into the season.

Fair assessment.

I've seen all of these guys (outside of Parsons) be run into the ground over the last 3-4 years. The team relies so heavily on them to contribute and coaches overplayed them. Conley has rarely had an adequate backup PG to give him the minutes he needs to rest during games over the last 4-5 years. Marc has always played too many minutes for a guy his size. TA plays so damn hard, its almost impossible to keep him from hurting himself :lol: .

Its more so the Grizz fault over time for not developing players.

When its all said and done, last season was a waste of time. We overplayed our guys early in the year and they all got hurt. Surrounded them with no youth to develop and had a team full of veterans. The year before that, Conley went down with the freak accident in the face. TA gets burned out and injures his hamstring. I can't even complain about us trying to take a precautionary approach this year considering how much we've invested into 3 of the guys. But, Fiz mentioned it looks bad now mainly because we are still without our 3rd-4th best player and we have a bench full of 1st and 2nd year guys. May not look as bad 30 games in.

A lot of the doctors and trainers he's getting this advice from came during his Heat tenure when Lebron/Wade/Bosh was there. All 3 guys missed games every season. They were reportedly injured, but that's not to say they couldn't have played.

Last edited:
DLo
Mudiay
D Booker

Are are struggling so far in this early season.....

Don't know what people saw in Mudiay.

Booker isn't doing anything different than he was last year. People kept looking at his points and saying he was playing well without eve looking at his shooting % and his situation. He's shooting the ball almost the same way he was during the 2nd half of the season. Teams are just more focused on him now. He will be fine, though

One week into the season though nahhhh something ain't right with that :smh:

Its nothing wrong with them b :lol: . Marc was upset he couldn't even play. He hates being put on a restriction, but I mean what can you do? Fiz overplayed both he and Conley in the Wizards game to get the W. Marc was only suppose to play 20 minutes that night and ended up with close to 30.

I'll say give it time. People in Memphis are panicking about it, but you can't rationale with some fans here. They still want Zbo starting and think playing young guys are a sin. If we win tonight and go 3-2, how many people would have marked us down 3-2 while playing Conley/Marc 35+ mpg? I'm thinking most on here would've had us starting out 2-3 or maybe even 1-4 regardless of the minute restriction or not :lol:

Last edited:
It's heavily rumored the Thunder are going after Rudy Gay. The Ilyasova for Grant deal clears up over 7 more mil of space plus gets us under the cap so we don't have to match traded salaries within 15% anymore. So we could for example take Kantner's 17 mil and trade him for up to 24 mil worth of player. Some think Grant's coming right after the Thunder didn't exercise their opton on Roberson means something but I doubt it. Presti loved him during the draft and Colangelo even leaked that Presti has been trying to trade for him for the longest. Presti just loves his lottery picks, even when they suck. I'd rather a reclamation project but whatever. We're not winning nothing for a long time if ever at this point.

Probable 2 game skid coming up. League did us dirty making our first game against GS the second night of a road back to back (first game against LAC). I just hope Russ spazzes and takes like 50fga or something noteworthy happens. Maybe Dre hits 6 3s

Last edited:
It's heavily rumored the Thunder are going after Rudy Gay. The Ilyasova for Grant deal clears up over 7 more mil of space plus gets us under the cap so we don't have to match traded salaries within 15% anymore. So we could for example take Kantner's 17 mil and trade him for up to 24 mil worth of player. Some think Grant's coming right after the Thunder didn't exercise their opton on Roberson means something but I doubt it. Presti loved him during the draft and Colangelo even leaked that Presti has been trying to trade for him for the longest. Presti just loves his lottery picks, even when they suck. I'd rather a reclamation project but whatever. We're not winning nothing for a long time if ever at this point.

:pimp: Rudy in OKC with Russ

Booker isn't doing anything different than he was last year. People kept looking at his points and saying he was playing well without eve looking at his shooting % and his situation. He's shooting the ball almost the same way he was during the 2nd half of the season. Teams are just more focused on him now. He will be fine, though

Mudiay shot better than both D Booker and DLo over the last 2 months of the season last year.....while he's not a better shooter than those guys....I think he can be around a 42-44% shooter from the field...and about 35% from 3. He's not as quick as athletic as advertised though. Still big and has some explosion to him.

D-Lo settles for jumpers way too much. He still has trouble turning the corner and finishing at the cup. He's learned how to draw fouls well though. And is become adept at posting up smaller guards. His 3 ball looks good. Turnover prone though.

D Booker will be fine. Probably will end up the best guard out the class...however, expectations need to be tempered a lil bit with him as well.

It's early....REALLY EARLY. I think fans expected some of these guys to come out the gate ridiculously strong. Especially DLo and Booker. I've been seeing some people being disappointed. But I think all 2/3 of those guys will be good :nerd: [emoji]128527[/emoji].....and none of those guys plays for the lakers :lol:

He's a solid shooter
He can run..block shots.. he can dunk

Sounds just like some Thunder fans I was arguing with. Sub 40%fg for career, sub 30% from 3. Should be noted we just took our option on Josh Huestis, who we drafted 11 spots ahead of Grant anyways and hasn't done **** in the NBA his whole career and frankly wasn't even good in the D League #Presti

edit: I guess his ability to block shots (he was 12th last yr) is intriguing. But goodness we need a shooter.

I am kind of excited about Rudy Gay if it happens. One of him or Dipo has to go to the bench and takeover scoring there. It'd obviously take some pressure off Russ to create every single possession. He's also lowkey one of the clutchest players in the league over the last half decade, although there's no chance Russ isn't taking those shots here

Last edited:
He's a solid shooter
He can run..block shots.. he can dunk

Sounds just like some Thunder fans I was arguing with. Sub 40%fg for career, sub 30% from 3. Should be noted we just took our option on Josh Huestis, who we drafted 11 spots ahead of Grant anyways and hasn't done **** in the NBA his whole career and frankly wasn't even good in the D League #Presti

edit: I guess his ability to block shots (he was 12th last yr) is intriguing. But goodness we need a shooter.

I am kind of excited about Rudy Gay if it happens. One of him or Dipo has to go to the bench and takeover scoring there. It'd obviously take some pressure off Russ to create every single possession. He's also lowkey one of the clutchest players in the league over the last half decade, although there's no chance Russ isn't taking those shots here
I wonder if Grant's shot blocking ability helps protect Kanter when he leads the 2nd unit. 

DLo
Mudiay
D Booker

Are are struggling so far in this early season.....

One week into the season though nahhhh something ain't right with that :smh:

Its nothing wrong with them b :lol: . Marc was upset he couldn't even play. He hates being put on a restriction, but I mean what can you do? Fiz overplayed both he and Conley in the Wizards game to get the W. Marc was only suppose to play 20 minutes that night and ended up with close to 30.

I'll say give it time. People in Memphis are panicking about it, but you can't rationale with some fans here. They still want Zbo starting and think playing young guys are a sin. If we win tonight and go 3-2, how many people would have marked us down 3-2 while playing Conley/Marc 35+ mpg? I'm thinking most on here would've had us starting out 2-3 or maybe even 1-4 regardless of the minute restriction or not :lol:

Gasol i get it but LMA and the others cmon fam way too early for all that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom