Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i hear a rumor that deandre jordan got some tricks up his sleeve
if he can pull this dunk off, it's a wrap
blake driving a kia and deandre is going to jump over it (similar to kobe commercial). they've been practicing with a kart so far
doesnt sound that great.

interested to see what gordon got this year and dude from the suns

blake driving a kia and deandre is going to jump over it (similar to kobe commercial). they've been practicing with a kart so far
Too gimmicky. 

Picture this Dunk in your head.

Not possible. 

They plan on taking the Contest outside?

Last edited:
This all around nonsense is great and all but there's such thing as gravity. One player's strengths may be so dominant that it outweighs another's players perceived advantages. The way Steph shoots the ball is a catalyst for how everything in Golden State works. The same way there were better "all around" centers than Shaq but no GM would have taken them over him in his prime. You don't judge players by staring at box scores and box scores only.

You call what Curry does gravity. What do you call it when Wall drives in transition and because of his speed the defense collapses leaving shooters like Otto Porter wide open for 3s? So open Otto is the best 3 point shooter in the NBA.

What do you call that?

Is John Wall not the catalyst for how everything in Washington works?

Last edited:
This all around nonsense is great and all but there's such thing as gravity. One player's strengths may be so dominant that it outweighs another's players perceived advantages. The way Steph shoots the ball is a catalyst for how everything in Golden State works. The same way there were better "all around" centers than Shaq but no GM would have taken them over him in his prime. You don't judge players by staring at box scores and box scores only.

You call what Curry does gravity. What do you call it when Wall drives in transition and because of his speed the defense collapses leaving shooters like Otto Porter wide open for 3s? So open Otto is the best 3 point shooter in the NBA.

What do you call that?

Curry does that too

All star winners:
Rising Stars MVP- Booker
Slam Dunk- Gordon
Skills Challenge- Wall
3 point champ- CJ
ASG MVP- Steph
big j 33 big j 33

Last edited:

What do you call that?

Is John Wall not the catalyst for how everything in Washington works?

You don't think the fact that Curry can shoot from half court opens up the floor for everyone else? I didn't say Wall isn't a catalyst for what the Wizards do. I'm saying your idea of "all-around" as the end-all be-all when comparing players is flawed. There's so many other factors other than looking at the stat column and saying "this guy has higher this, this, and tha" so he's the better player". 

I'm going to save you the carpal tunnel and tell you that the collector doesn't get it. We've tried to explain it to him but he's going to bring Wall's higher assist numbers to make his argument

I can say this.  Wall could possibly win a championship with the Warriors team 2 years ago.  Curry for damn sure wouldn't be able to win a championship with the Wizards lol. I still think Klay is what truly makes the Warriors work though.  He's the intangible.  Even when his shot isn't on he still drives and he always plays defense against the best scorers.  I may be sounding a bit like Barkley here.

Curry does that too

Yeah ok sure. It's impossible for me to make a case if your gonna dismiss what is actually happening in these games. Curry driving doesn't collapse defenses like John Wall does. Occasionally he does but Wall does this every night. If Curry was the attacker Wall is he'd get 10 assist a night easy with KD and Klay behind the line. He doesn't.

You guy focus on what Curry could do instead of what he's actually doing from night to night. The reality is Wall attacks every single night. You can blame the system Currys in and that's fine. The bottom line is he doesn't period. Wall does.

Last edited:
You don't think the fact that Curry can shoot from half court opens up the floor for everyone else? I didn't say Wall isn't a catalyst for what the Wizards do. I'm saying your idea of "all-around" as the end-all be-all when comparing players is flawed. There's so many other factors other than looking at the stat column and saying "this guy has higher this, this, and that so he's the better player". 

What does higher stats have to do with this discussion? Watch the games. Last night in a close game late in the forth the Pacers get a steal. Wall runs the Pacers player down and blocks his shot. Wall has done this throughout his career. How many times have you seen Curry do this?

That aspect of Walls game you and everyone else dismisses in this comparison. Why? You guys argue with me about how great Dwight Howard is because of his defense. Then turn around and completely dismiss defense as it pertains to Wall vs Curry.

Continuously references assist statistics. Then asks what do higher stats have to do with the discussion.

Good day sir.

Good day. When people have no response they drop the subject. You or anyone else don't wanna touch defense when it comes to Wall and Curry. I get it. It doesn't help your argument.

dray is definitely the most important warriors player
no debating
Draymond is a glorified Tony Allen 
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom