OFFICIAL 2016 RIO SUMMER OLYMPICS THREAD (Rio is a wrap; See you in Tokyo in 2020 (or, more likely,i

Phelps gotta find a way to take a photo wearing all 19 gold medals 
laugh.gif
For sure it's coming 
laugh.gif
,probably gonna have 20 or more by the time the games end too 
sick.gif

sick.gif

sick.gif
Got 3 individual, which he is the favorite in all 3 (1 & 2 flys will be tight.. 2IM he has a shot at the WR) And might have 2 more relays, definitely 1 (really on him if he swims the 4 X 200 free relay, his personal coach his the men's head coach.. US don't really really need him like they did for the one tonight)

So could come away with 5 or 6 more golds
If i'm Phelps after this Olympics i'm getting a room built in my house to fill with 19-25 busts of my head to put each gold medal around. 

Also, Bob Costas is my guy and a legend, but he's not fooling anyone with his hair. Looks like he dyes it with brown shoe polish. Give it up, Bob. We all know you've been around forever.

Where is Ryan Locte?

Got 1 individual event (2 IM) and 1 relay (4 X 200 free)

He's not as bad as missy, who won't come close to getting an individual medal.. I think phelps wins the 2 IM and either breaks or comes very close to the WR

Then lochte will fight it out with hagino of Japan for the silver and bronze

just bad strategy on his part on what he trained for and swam at trials.. Should have focused on the 2 IM and 4IM, he won the gold in the 4IM in London.. And trained mid distance so maybe 2 free and 2 back (he won gold in the 2back in '08.. But the 2 back is right before the 2IM which is a tough double on any level)

But it's a bish training for the 4IM, probably the hardest event physically in swimming.. But I think he would have won if he focused his training on that event (his coach and where he trains is very sprint oriented.. And he was coming from training at UF which does more heavy mid distance workload)

Last edited:
Word of advice:  use the NBC Sports app and you can watch any event live.  Network TV only can show so much, so you miss out on a ton of events.

AppleTV + NBC app = olympics bliss.  

It sucks that Gabby Douglas got eliminated from the individual all around event even though she finished in the third spot since you can only bring two people from each country.

Man.. That was tough on the whole girls team where it came down to the coach having to choose whether to give gabby the shot or hernandez

Last edited:
Word of advice:  use the NBC Sports app and you can watch any event live.  Network TV only can show so much, so you miss out on a ton of events.

+1

If u got Xfinity, NBC stream app is integrated with your cable, didnt realize that until today

Good looking out. Will definitely try it out tomorrow.

I feel bad for the American cyclist Mara Abbott. After 87 miles she went from gold to 4th in a matter of seconds down the home stretch. Tough break

I digs pretty much every event except Dressage. I have no idea what that **** is. :lol:

We lost to Canada in men's indoor volleyball. :smh:

We ain't supposed to medal but damn... not a good start.

Olympics :pimp:

Never get tired of watching
I feel bad for the American cyclist Mara Abbott. After 87 miles she went from gold to 4th in a matter of seconds down the home stretch. Tough break

I hope this doesn't haunt her for the rest of her life :x

The stuff that female gymnasts do on the balance beam absolutely boggles my mind. I might have trouble just walking across it, let alone doing a bunch of flips and **** on it. Crazy.

Can't wait for the T&F events.
pimp.gif

Wanna see what Usain does and if Team Bahamas can medal again.

Back
Top Bottom