OFFICIAL 2017-2018 FANTASY BASKETBALL THREAD

I didn’t see a thread started for this so I thought it would good to get one going. The season starts in less than 2 weeks so I know a lot of people are having their drafts soon.

Anyways any thoughts on who you guys seeing making this biggest jump in Fantasy this year?

I’m targeting Myles Turner, Blake and Shroeder in all my drafts this year.

with nic batum out for 8-12 weeks im trying to get kemba in all of my leagues in rd 2.
sleepers im looking at:
ilyasova
DSJr
taurean prince
rudy gay
julius randle

with nic batum out for 8-12 weeks im trying to get kemba in all of my leagues in rd 2.
sleepers im looking at:
ilyasova
DSJr
taurean prince
rudy gay
julius randle

I'd go with DS Jr., Prince, or Randle. Ilyasova and Gay have low ceilings.

I've got the first pick in my categories league tonight and I'm conflicted about who I should pick. It remains to be seen how the additions of CP3 and Melo/PG13 will affect Harden and Westbrook's ability to stuff the stat sheet respectively and I like the percentages that KD would bring, though he is somewhat injury-prone. Greek Freak is another possible choice, but he's not really an elite scorer and his 3PM and FT% leave something to be desired. Thoughts?

theres no one on ATL with offensive upside aside from DS so i think ilyasova will be a big offensive option. gays ADP is so low its hard not to see him produce 12-15ppg and 3-4reb and give you value at SF/PF

you can't go wrong with either KD, harden, RW, Curry, or greek freak with 1st pick. its really up to you who you'd rather watch every night at that point :lol:

got 6th pick in my draft. top 6 are:
KD
Russ
Harden
Steph
Greek freak
KAT
do i go with someone who falls to 6th or do i take a risk and take LBJ or kawhi at 6th?
both players will be MVP candidates for sure this year

Last edited:
I'd go with DS Jr., Prince, or Randle. Ilyasova and Gay have low ceilings.

I've got the first pick in my categories league tonight and I'm conflicted about who I should pick. It remains to be seen how the additions of CP3 and Melo/PG13 will affect Harden and Westbrook's ability to stuff the stat sheet respectively and I like the percentages that KD would bring, though he is somewhat injury-prone. Greek Freak is another possible choice, but he's not really an elite scorer and his 3PM and FT% leave something to be desired. Thoughts?

I'd go with Giannis or KAT. KAT might not get as many shots with Jimmy there but his efficiency will be through the roof since he should be getting easier looks.

With Giannis, you're pretty much getting a walking triple double with defensive stats. Percentages will be okay for wing a but he did work on his outside stroke this offseason if you've been watching his preseason games

theres no one on ATL with offensive upside aside from DS so i think ilyasova will be a big offensive option. gays ADP is so low its hard not to see him produce 12-15ppg and 3-4reb and give you value at SF/PF

you can't go wrong with either KD, harden, RW, Curry, or greek freak with 1st pick. its really up to you who you'd rather watch every night at that point :lol:

KD
Russ
Harden
Steph
Greek freak
KAT
do i go with someone who falls to 6th or do i take a risk and take LBJ or kawhi at 6th?

Can't go wrong with either of those guys at 6. I do like LeBron an insane amount this year since he pretty much becomes the PG again. Kawhi will do what Kawhi does. I'm just worried about that right quad lingering and flaring up.

KD
Russ
Harden
Steph
Greek freak
KAT

Yeah there is a major void there for points. I could see a 12 ppg/5 reb season from him and he's not a bad sleeper by any means. I just think Budenholzer will put an emphasis on the younger players now that they're rebuilding and Ilyosova's injury history (though last year he played 70+ games for the first time since 2012-2013) mean a cap on his production.

I'd go with Giannis or KAT. KAT might not get as many shots with Jimmy there but his efficiency will be through the roof since he should be getting easier looks.

With Giannis, you're pretty much getting a walking triple double with defensive stats. Percentages will be okay for wing a but he did work on his outside stroke this offseason if you've been watching his preseason games

I guess there really is no wrong pick. I haven't watched any preseason basketball (unless you count summer league), but I figured he'd make an effort to improve his shooting. Personally not feeling KAT even though he will have more open looks. I'm probably leaning towards Harden due to durability, but CP3 being there makes me worry that he'll work off the ball and his assist totals will drop by like 3-4 a game.

Had my big money draft last night ended up with the first pick. It's a H2H 9 Cat league and we use ESPN but some of their rankings are terrible. I had to search quite a bit to find the guys I was targeting.

Here's how my squad turned out:
IMG_0093.jpg

I like this team a lot especially nabbing LaVine super late but there are a lot of injury prone guys on my squad :lol: but if they all stay healthy I'm looking at making another title run (lost in the semis last year but won the ship the year before).

I also have waiver claims in for Norman Powell & Jermey Lamb so hopefully I get one of them to fill in until LaVine comes back.

I play in an annual 11-cat league (PTS, REB, AST, BLK, STL, TO, PF, FTM, 3PTM, FG%, FT%). I got the eighth overall pick. 12 Teams total.

1. (8) Russell Westbrook PG
2. (17) Kyrie Irving PG,SG
3. (32) Devin Booker SG
4. (41) Kevin Love PF,C
5. (56) Carmelo Anthony SF,PF
6. (65) Dennis Smith Jr. PG
7. (80) Julius Randle PF
8. (89) Gorgui Dieng PF,C
9. (104) Dirk Nowitzki PF,C
10. (113) Jamal Murray PG,SG
11. (128) Derrick Favors PF,C
12. (137) Joe Ingles SG,SF
13. (152) Kris Dunn PG,SG

Pretty happy with how it turned out. I feel like the hype for DSJ wasn't alive in my draft, so I was able to sit until round 6 to get him. I was shocked that Russell, Kyrie, and Kevin Love all slipped to where they were. Was pleased to get Dirk, Favors, and Ingles where I did as well. Only picks I'm meh about is Randle, Dieng, and Dunn, who I've already dropped for Justin Holiday.

Btw, hi NikeTalk. :lol:

very solid team up there. kris dunn is out for a few weeks and might not even win the starting PG spot in CHI so im not so high on him. getting Russ at 8 is amazing. taking booker in the 3rd is a little reaching IMO but he can definitely put up great numbers this year. DSJ in the 6th is amazing as well

Yeah, I was thinking of drafting guys like Embiid, Nurkic, Blake, IT4, Horford, or Millsap/Ibaka there, but I wanted to kill it in FTM and Points, so I pulled the trigger early. With Russ/Kyrie/Love/Devin/Melo, I'm hoping that I can lock up points every week.

2nd time playing Fantasy Basketball, last played a few years ago. Had my 10 team Keeper league draft last night, had 6th pick. Ended up keeping KAT in exchange for a 4th round pick. How did I do?
IMG_2263.jpg IMG_2264.jpg

He was drafted 6th round last year or could have been a keeper from year before that. We forfeit the draft pick 2 rounds prior

had 2 drafts this weekend and this is how i ended up

team 1
1. (6) Stephen Curry (GS - PG,SG)
2. (19) Paul George (OKC - SF,PF)
3. (30) Marc Gasol (Mem - C)
4. (43) Devin Booker (Pho - SG)
5. (54) Harrison Barnes (Dal - SF,PF)
6. (67) Elfrid Payton (Orl - PG)
7. (78) Eric Gordon (Hou - SG)
8. (91) Darren Collison (Ind - PG,SG)
9. (102) Marquese Chriss (Pho - PF)
10. (115) Marvin Williams (Cha - SF,PF)
11. (126) Ryan Anderson (Hou - PF,C)
12. (139) Tyreke Evans (Mem - SG,SF)
13. (150) Ersan Ilyasova (Atl - SF,PF)

team 2
1. (9) Karl-Anthony Towns (Min - C)
2. (16) Damian Lillard (Por - PG)
3. (33) Gordon Hayward (Bos - SG,SF)
4. (40) LaMarcus Aldridge (SA - PF,C)
5. (57) Harrison Barnes (Dal - SF,PF)
6. (64) Julius Randle (LAL - PF)
7. (81) Elfrid Payton (Orl - PG)
8. (88) Dario Saric (Phi - SF,PF)
9. (105) Reggie Jackson (Det - PG,SG)
10. (112) Dion Waiters (Mia - SG,SF)
11. (129) Wilson Chandler (Den - SF,PF)
12. (136) Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (LAL - SG)
13. (153) Kyle Kuzma (LAL - SF,PF)

not really a fan of either team at the moment and didnt realize randle was injured. also not a fan of drafting bigs so i'll be pretty active on the waiver wire this season

Should've grabbed Jaylen Brown after the Hayward injury but I didn't want to drop Prince or Warren before there games yesterday. Probably should've dropped Warren though cause Earl Watson's rotations were terrible.

Hopefully he bounces back on Friday against LAL and I like what I saw out of Taurean. He should only get better as the season progresses.

Back
Top Bottom