Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

#KnicksThreadTalentScouts

Never fails :lol:

Zion is going to be a perennial All-Star barring any major injuries.

He 6'7" 280 @ 18 years old, probably the rawest athletic talent since LeBron in HS, just hit 4/5 3 pt attempts against college comp and is playing under Coach K.

Y'all think everyone that's athletic is going to be a one trick pony.

Whether he's a good fit for us or not, he's going to tear up the league.

3TSCi5LVzvmjkV2Pvn2sgR_r2GXdaEozKoAfpHk7BJk.jpg

#KnicksThreadTalentScouts

Never fails :lol:

Zion is going to be a perennial All-Star barring any major injuries.

He 6'7" 280 @ 18 years old, probably the rawest athletic talent since LeBron in HS, just hit 4/5 3 pt attempts against college comp and is playing under Coach K.

Y'all think everyone that's athletic is going to be a one trick pony.

Whether he's a good fit for us or not, he's going to tear up the league.
Perfect example is Frank, but Frank never hit 4/5 in nothing and played under a nobody and is not really that athletic.

Doesn’t matter what Zion put up in 1 game. More so that he showed what he’s capable of doing outside of strictly depending on his athleticism.

No but it shows that he can jump over and outrun college level players just like he did in HS, that he's a dog defensively and that he has a working outside shot that Coach K intends on using throughout his 1 year stay at Duke.

The knock was that he only looks that great against frail 15 year olds and that he can't shoot at all. He's dispelling all of that quickly.

Great defender, rebounder, high percentage FG scorer, with a serviceable and improving outside shot

What can you really knock him for at 18...that y'all haven't already praised Frank for? :lol:

Can Zion be a great NBA player? Sure, I just think the 'prototypical' wings like Reddish or Barrett have an easier path to stardom.

I'd love to build a team like the Celtics have with athletic, switchable wings everywhere.

No but it shows that he can jump over and outrun college level players just like he did in HS, that he's a dog defensively and that he has a working outside shot that Coach K intends on using throughout his 1 year stay at Duke.

The knock was that he only looks that great against frail 15 year olds and that he can't shoot at all. He's dispelling all of that quickly.

Great defender, rebounder, high percentage FG scorer, with a serviceable and improving outside shot

What can you really knock him for at 18...that y'all haven't already praised Frank for? :lol:
Kyrie handles :rofl:

Coach K is overrated

Former Duke stars usually become mediocre role players in the NBA

To be honest, Coach K recruit strong players to keep his legacy growing. not preparing these kids for the NBA

I'd say Zion likely develops his game on his own. Of course, he'd have some help from assistant coaches

Let's hope RJ Barrett won't be overhyped like Wiggins and Bennett

The funny thing is that Kyrie is the only former Coach K player who put up nearly MVP numbers in the NBA where he just two barely months under Coach K

Chill not every top recruit turns into some stud in the NBA. Pretty much less than 10% do. Outside of the solid NBA role players coach K produced, Duke got some all star caliber players in the past too...

Grant Hill
Boozer
Tatum
Kyrie
Elton Brand

Its Calipari who had some of the best recruiting classes ever.

I got what you mean but let's be honest, fans will be like, "oh, Zion and RJ Barrett are in good hands. They will develop their games well under Coach K" something like that

The point is that we should just wait and see what can they do after a long season. Jahlil looked good before he showed his true flaws at the end of his freshman year

Grant Hill was one of a kind. Tatum has a mentor in his godfather Larry Hughes in his entire life. Coach K has nothing with his game. I love Brand's game but if he was a top notch player, he shall have led his team to playoffs more than once. Boozer was good, not great

I'd be glad to be proven wrong anyways

You may be right. College programs do make an impact on players' future. Hopefully Coach K doesn't mess up the future of RJ, Zion, Reddish and Tre Jones

JJ made something of himself too. But college teams are system oriented. Only Cal seems to really try to produce NBA players. The other college coaches are about the program.

I wish we kept Beas btw

Back
Top Bottom