Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

^Exactly, cause Melo KONY and he ain't goin nowhere without a fight. He's gonna try things out with this new system/regime before throwing in the towel and heading elsewhere.

I wanted to take the Warriors route. Once they drafted Curry and Klay and saw the potential, they slowly traded off their best scorers (Monta, Al Harrington, Stephen Jackson, Crawford) to transition into a younger squad that can grow together.

We got KP, Frank, Willy, THJ to move forward. Melo holds the young guys back from learning to play with each other and from building a legit young team going forward. How are they suppose to take the next step when you still got a 34 year old holding the ball and taking 20 shots a game? Wouldnt yall rather see KP take those shots? Frank? Willy? It benefits their growth much more.

O well, I guess its always good to take back your ex after ya'll both know it hasn't and won't work. W.e I hope it works, I know it wont though.

The last 2 seasons:

Curry FGA - 20.2 and 18.3
KD FGA - 19.2 (OKC) and 16.5 (GS)
Klay FGA - 17.3 and 17.6

Melo FGA - 18.2 and 18.8

The only difference is the way they get their shots. i.e. Curry can take 20 shots in single coverage and swing it to KD or Klay Thompson when he needs to. The same goes for Klay and KD. Ain't nobody double teaming them dudes with all their options. Put Curry on a team of trash by himself with no defensive help and few scoring options...and we would see him NOT lead his team anywhere far.

I want to see Melo, KP and THJR all get up 16 shots a game at least in this system. There is no reason why their shot distribution can't be similar.

Supposedly we're looking at Trey Burke and Jarrett Jack.

I wanna see this lineup for a few stretches

KP-Melo-C.Lee-THJR-FrankNT

100 paws for me getting excited over another man's physical development.

KP looks like he's getting stronger :pimp:.

He already came into the league with stronger legs than Tyson chicken legs Chandler.

Please never compare Curry to Melo again. If Melo had Klay, Barnes, and Draymond he wouldnt get past the first round in the West.

Because some people here think Melo makes the same kinda impact as Curry. Listen, it's cool Melo is staying and all but take in account that it'll take away from the young guys development.

If y'all cool with that then I'm done tryna persuade y'all otherwise.

11706000_G.jpg

Back
Top Bottom