Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

We're only 1.5 games behind PHI and ORL for the 4th pick and they both have 3 games left and we have 2

Everyone gotta offer a sacrifice to the basketball gods to move up 
nerd.gif

Melo handled it well. This organization is a cesspool. Starts at the ownership level. I don't really have much hope for this team anymore.

Lol stopped watching at half and seeing the final score now we must have just stopped playing.
Let's lose all remaing games and see where that puts us in draft position

Too bad we wont be in position to select him. I wonder why he didnt attend a Celtics or Lakers game, or even PHX cause they have better odds in selecting him. 

Would be nice if that Celtics pick for Melo & our pick i mentioned was already a conversation, but i doubt it. 

Last edited:
Every remaining scenario for our pick:

1. We end with sole possession of 6th: This can happen two ways: (1) We either need to lose to 76ers in our final game, or (2) both the Kings need to beat the Suns on Tuesday and the Wolves need to beat the Lakers tonight. This is pretty likely, but Suns have been playing better and Lakers could sneak a win. Both Suns and Lakers are oddly winning games now... don't know why, they should be in their own tank race.

2. We tie for 5th with 76ers: 76ers would have to beat Pacers on Monday, and then we'd have to lose to 76ers on Wednesday. This is feels very unlikely.

3. We tie for 6th with Kings and/or Wolves: Kings and Wolves don't win any more games, and then we beat the 76ers. This would be pretty terrible.

4. Magic win their next two games (Bulls + Pistons), and we lose our last game, we could tie for 5th. Very very unlikely. Both Bulls and Pistons are fighting for 7th/8th playoff seed.

4. There's a very very small chance we tie with 76ers and Magic for 4th. Would require Magic and 76ers to not lose another game. Magic play Bulls + Pistons, 76ers play Pacers + Knicks. Almost impossible that this happens.

Back
Top Bottom