OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Whose a better coach out there than Gus though? Auburn is in a tough spot. They play in the toughest division in the country and Georgia is their permanent SEC East opponent.
They're more worried about playing Bama every year than Georgia. :lol:

I think Malzhan gets another year because of his buyout and the fact that there isn’t a Frost/Herman type candidate out there this cycle, but I’m expecting either Freeze or lil Briles to be their OC next season.

They're more worried about playing Bama every year than Georgia. :lol:

That's what I'm saying though, Georgia is just part of it. They have to play Texas A&M every year, Alabama every year, LSU every year and the rotational opponent in the SEC East is Georgia whose won 10 out of 13 in the series. There aren't too many coaches in the country that can navigate their schedule and win on a regular basis.

Auburn's issue, and a lot of the teams in the SEC for that matter, is that they have a little brother syndrome with Alabama. They look at Alabama and all those success they're having and say to their coaching staff "why can't you do that?" "Why can't you replicate that success?"

If you're Auburn, and your expectations are competing with the greatest dynasty in the history of the sport, then you're going to be firing coaches every couple of years

Also, who is Auburn going to get that's better than Gus? If they're really going to fire Gus, and pay his $32 million dollar buyout they better have a good, established head coach ready to fill that seat, otherwise they're firing a head coach just to appease the fans and they'll be in this exact same situation in a year or two.

Last edited:
I've said it before, and I'll say it again but Alabama success has warped the expectations of most fan bases in college football. Fans now expect their teams to go 12-0 or 11-1 and reload every season and that's just not realistic. Teams have down years and bad losses from time to time. It doesn't mean you fire your coach. If Alabama work dominating like they were, I can almost guarantee you Mark richt was so beat Georgia and Les Miles would still be in LSU.

Dude is a fool.:lol::lol::lol: he reminds me of mild defensive coordinator from high school. I like the guy personally but he was a total hypocrite when it came to coaching. He used to talk to us all day about composure and discipline but he would regularly yell at refs and get kick out of games. You got to practice what you preach.

OnI3.gif

Just bring me the 2019 season

Last edited:
Yea, not about to waste my Saturdays watching Malik Rosier playing football anymore. I'm good.

OnI3.gif

Just bring me the 2019 season

I love Mark Richt but he's he's always been too loyal. While he was at UGA, he fired a coordinator. I remember watching David Greene started for 4 years when everyone with a brain knew DJ Shockley should have been the guy.

@Chester McFloppy @calibeebee noskey noskey

it's safe to come back. The Ducks are relevant again and Stanford's and UW's fanbases have turned tail. USC sucks and Michigan's doing so well their posters don't even post every 5 minutes about "next year."

The CFB thread is a safe space again. Bring @johnny cakes and Mike with you too! UCLA won a game so they can brag about Chip. @5am6oody72 and @big j 33 you may want to stay away for a little longer.

Shoot, the Ducks and Gators both relevant again. If I had time to watch games anymore I might just come through here more often :lol:

@Chester McFloppy @calibeebee noskey noskey

it's safe to come back. The Ducks are relevant again and Stanford's and UW's fanbases have turned tail. USC sucks and Michigan's doing so well their posters don't even post every 5 minutes about "next year."

The CFB thread is a safe space again. Bring @johnny cakes and Mike with you too! UCLA won a game so they can brag about Chip. @5am6oody72 and @big j 33 you may want to stay away for a little longer.

Whatever happened to the funk guy. He was always reppin' hard for the Ducks.

Go Cougs!

I have a feeling Ohio State loses to Purdue this weekend :smh:

I think the spoilermakers put up a fight, but OSU eventually pulls away late.

This Purdue team is a lot better than the team that beat OSU in 09, but Tresselball had a habit of making games closer than they should of been.

Back
Top Bottom