**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Theres an interesting convo around the nba reddit on how far basketball analytics can go and what it could mean for the sport. When we trend towards finding the best shots (corner 3 vs any other 3 vs midrange) and maximizing points per possession, could we end up with a product that becomes less varied and ultimately boring in style??

In theory, it makes sense. But you also need to account for the fact that players today are just way more skilled than players in the past. You can't get away with just being an athlete. Big men are now required to have guard skills and the standard for guards are now much much higher since Curry proved you can win championships with a PG being your #1 option.

Think about it, just watch a game from 2001 and you'll notice how primitive it feels to today's game.

I still think there will be varying styles with teams because when you look at Giannis, Simmons, AD, you can't really replicate the Rockets or Warriors with them, you'll have to find other approaches. Even with the Rockets, last year, they were basically the anti Warriors with the emphasis on ISO plays. I think it opens up other possibilities we did not think of.

If anything would make the product boring, it's KDs snake move joining the Warriors.

When you get to root for a good statistical game from bron and don’t mind his team losing.

5DFED862-E243-42CE-8C88-E3EDD058CAAD.gif

In theory, it makes sense. But you also need to account for the fact that players today are just way more skilled than players in the past. You can't get away with just being an athlete. Big men are now required to have guard skills and the standard for guards are now much much higher since Curry proved you can win championships with a PG being your #1 option.

Think about it, just watch a game from 2001 and you'll notice how primitive it feels to today's game.

I still think there will be varying styles with teams because when you look at Giannis, Simmons, AD, you can't really replicate the Rockets or Warriors with them, you'll have to find other approaches. Even with the Rockets, last year, they were basically the anti Warriors with the emphasis on ISO plays. I think it opens up other possibilities we did not think of.

If anything would make the product boring, it's KDs snake move joining the Warriors.

There will definitely be varying styles.

There's no sport on earth where every team adopts the same plan of attack.

Generally speaking things turn out more successful in sports when you play to your roster's strengths and not every roster is going to be able to field a team that is optimized for corner threes.

wouldn't mind seeing the lebron humbled and miss the playoffs. lebron and rondo together just doesn't make sense. neither does the lakers infatuation with KCP

Didn't Lebby throw another ball into the crowd on a behind the back pass in the 4th? He was outside the 3pt line when he passed it

Didn't Lebby throw another ball into the crowd on a behind the back pass in the 4th? He was outside the 3pt line when he passed it

yeah. he did it a couple times. the first when he was at the top of the 3pt line. bron just proving a point by deliberately turning it over. it is a teaching lesson for his young lakers squad.
translation: My teammates need to be in the right spots for the passes

is that how ya Bronamaniacs do it?

he did throw a behind the back pass out of bounds last night...but he was in the paint, on the post, when he did it. guess he thought someone was gonna cut baseline.

He had 2 of those dumb passes last night. But everything he brings to the table in a game offensively and rebounding more than makes up for some turnovers and defensive lapses in my opinion

1 point game... game was on a silver player for Bron to close and he didn't do it. Among a lot of things that's chiefly going to be his role. The kids were great enough on their own to keep a lot of games within striking distance, we were missing THAT guy to bring us through a lot of those contests.

The Lakers small ball clearly won't work in today's NBA, they need a 3pt shooter or two badly. I definitely see them making a move before the deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom