Official 2018 Boxing Thread: 12/30 - Ito vs. Chuprakov, Shiro vs. Juarez ESPN+

Who will be the winner of Canelo vs. GGG II?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kov should call it a career, I can’t see him mentally coming back from this.

Hopefully Alvarez starts getting more of the opportunities he deserves now.

HBO is basically just Golden Boy now. I need to unsubscribe.

They’ve built around stars and three of their stars are basically done and GGG even if wins isn’t going to hang around much longer.

It’s kind of sad because I grew up with them as a boxing fan, but they need to just call it quits. GB moving all their fights to ESPN is a better situation for them anyways.

That was one hell of a fight tonight. Really competitive while it lasted. Hats off to the way Alvarez fought. He had a look in his eyes from the first round like he wasn't leaving that ring without the belt. His jab was getting to Kovalev and was able to work around that. He showed he got some dog in him in that 4th round when Kovalev was putting it on him. He knocked off the champ and didn't leave the matter to the judges. I can see why Stevenson continued to duck him.

They have the PBC. I don't know about the rumors regarding their finances and whatnot, but at least they have fighters.

I'd be shocked if FOX doesn't end up getting the majority of Al's big fights. This is not a timebuy this time, this is their money, so I doubt we are going to be seeing any Peter Quillen vs former Australian stripper type fights. This is the type of deal Al was angling for when he started the PBC.

SHO is about to be trash too.

111.gif

112.gif

113.gif

since Chilemba has already fought Bivol, Kovalev, Gvozdyk, Alvarez recently, expecting him to fight Beterbiev next

Not for nothing I like Angel Garcia. I wish he didnt pull that nonsense after Danny clearly got beat against Thurman.

I wonder how he would act if Danny went against Spence. Probably quiet.

Deontay goes too OD at times man. I understand it's boxing, but there are some lines you just don't cross.

Last edited:
Probably, he was winning the fight up to that point tho. The biggest hurdle is going to be psychological.

He should retire, but I’m fine with the rematch. Not like HBO is going to be offering anything better :lol:

Probably, he was winning the fight up to that point tho. The biggest hurdle is going to be psychological.

He should retire, but I’m fine with the rematch. Not like HBO is going to be offering anything better :lol:
It's probably going to happen. Rumors are out there that Kovalev is not in the best shape financially. Main Events wants Alvarez to age as much as possible before matching him with Bivol.

Back
Top Bottom