OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is Malik Zaire all over again. Big recruiting war over a JUCO QB who's not that good in the first place.

Zaire at least had his moments at ND. Burrow's projection is basically off his HS tape, some garbage time at OSU, and spring game snaps. He might be better than Brennan but I still doubt he's going to save O's job.

Honestly I'm kind of expecting Lane to end up at LSU next season :lol:

Joe is pretty good, he could’ve potentially been our starter but there was never a definitive answer given between him and Haskins (I know it came out shortly after he was transferring). He was actually second on the depth chart to JT before he had a thumb injury. I don’t blame him one bit for leaving.

As far as him living up to the hype...eh. If it was anywhere but the QB killer U I’d say he possibly could. Besides their horrid play calling their schedule is brutal too

DJ Moore getting that go back to school grade and then getting drafted in the 1st round is only going to make things worst :lol:

He should do what Stidham did and go to a CC this fall so that he can transfer wherever he wants come January and Clemson can’t block it.

Any projections on when TL will be the starter? :lol:

Figured there be more HJ chatter to ND, too. Although, I haven’t really followed them, but the QB position seems like a revolving door every season there. Maybe because they’re a de facto ACC member?

@bobbylane - think Clemson would block anyone not on their schedule or League? Probably wants to be closer to home and Purdue/Northwestern won’t be blocked IMO. May be best to get a year “in the system” if that’s where he wants to go to begin with. Just a thought; could be a wrong thought though, too lol.

Last edited:

That's kind of wild considering the evidence against them - basically that they had made a decision on their investigation against USC before they had conducted an investigation. I didn't follow the trial that closely but based on what you have to prove to win a defamation suit (it's very hard to do) my guess is the jury didn't believe the NCAA intentionally made false statements about him or maliciously intended to damage his credibility and career.

There were basically 3 questions the jury had to answer:

1) were statements made to other people by the NCAA: Jury said yes.

2) were statements made by the NCAA to other people besides Todd McNair: Yes.

3) Were any of the statements false? No. By a count of 9-3.

Which doesn't really make sense... but shrug. NCAA lives another day.

Back
Top Bottom