OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm patiently waiting on the excuses in here about how knowing the team had to play a trash WSU the next Friday is the reason SC gets washed by Texas.

The spin when JDR gets hired in December should be great too :lol:

My guy, you lost to South Carolina and almost lost to Indiana and Florida. The gumption you have to be making jokes about any other team or coach - let alone one who at least won his division and conference in his first two years, when we’re going into year 4 of Harbaugh trash and year 13 of Michigan being a big ten cellar dweller - is astonishing.

Worry about your washed team. Focus on finally beating Ohio State and MSU in your lifetime before you worry bout anyone else.

But hey, on the bright side Shea’s got two years of eligibility left to disappoint you.

My guy, you lost to South Carolina and almost lost to Indiana and Florida. The gumption you have to be making jokes about any other team or coach - let alone one who at least won his division and conference in his first two years, when we’re going into year 4 of Harbaugh trash and year 13 of Michigan being a big ten cellar dweller - is astonishing.

Worry about your washed team. Focus on finally beating Ohio State and MSU in your lifetime before you worry bout anyone else.

But hey, on the bright side Shea’s got two years of eligibility left to disappoint you.

We beat UF by double digits :lol:

Do you get your sports news from Breitbart too?

SC should win the WAC 12 every year with the resources they have. That’s not impressive.

We beat UF by double digits :lol:

Do you get your sports news from Breitbart too?

SC should win the WAC 12 every year with the resources they have. That’s not impressive.

Yeah ok. I watched that game. If UF has any semblance of a pulse they would have blown you out. They gave you everything you could handle with half their team suspended. It’s also telling that your take away from all of that is I said you almost lost to UF.

SC should win the “WAC12” and they have.

What’s Harbaugh’s excuse? We know you’re too trash to compete with your chief rival but the way you recruit you should beat MSU every year and you’ve won what once in how long? Or are we going to pretend that that’s success too?

Tell me again about that one time you almost beat Ohio State in overtime a couple of years ago. When Harbaugh leaves (is fired?) is that going to be the shining memory from his tenure? “We almost stopped Ohio on a 4th down and maybe would have gone on to win the Big Ten championship (except probably not) and then maybe made the playoff!”

Congrats. You’re officially worse than Georgia bragging about beating Hawaii. At least they actually won.

Yeah ok. I watched that game. If UF has any semblance of a pulse they would have blown you out. They gave you everything you could handle with half their team suspended. It’s also telling that your take away from all of that is I said you almost lost to UF.

SC should win the “WAC12” and they have.

What’s Harbaugh’s excuse? We know you’re too trash to compete with your chief rival but the way you recruit you should beat MSU every year and you’ve won what once in how long? Or are we going to pretend that that’s success too?

Tell me again about that one time you almost beat Ohio State in overtime a couple of years ago. When Harbaugh leaves (is fired?) is that going to be the shining memory from his tenure? “We almost stopped Ohio on a 4th down and maybe would have gone on to win the Big Ten championship (except probably not) and then maybe made the playoff!”

Congrats. You’re officially worse than Georgia bragging about beating Hawaii. At least they actually won.

And if my Aunt had balls she'd be my Uncle. 16 points isn't "almost". If that was the case y'all "almost" beat OSU :lol:.

Did ND "almost" lose to y'all or is that too much of a stretch? Was that Larry Scott's fault too?

The only time I ever bring up that game is when you start with your bull**** b :lol:. I know you still have PTSD from when Jim went in there and clowned y'all but it's time to let that go.

My point was never that his tenure so far has been a success, but rather that it has not been a disappointment and for the most part on schedule. He's lost on a fluke play to an MSU team that went to the playoff in year one, and last year in a monsoon with no QB, but go ahead and keep bringing up old **** from different regimes.

i dont think anyone imagined this is where Michigan would be when they hired Harbaugh. This is a big year. You have to admit that.

There has been zero excitement from that offense. Harbaugh had to get a QB transfer to finally bring in something that might be resembling a good offense.

The on schedule may be true, but I don't think there's a lot of "room for error" this season.

I love Harbaugh. But I gotta think everyone involved was looking at something more than what's been put out there. Being ranked #5 isn't really helping either. Expectations are high.

You're very patient Bobby Layne Bobby Layne . More power to you! I'm calling for coaches to get fired before they even coach a game!! :rofl:

i dont think anyone imagined this is where Michigan would be when they hired Harbaugh. This is a big year. You have to admit that.

There has been zero excitement from that offense. Harbaugh had to get a QB transfer to finally bring in something that might be resembling a good offense.

The on schedule may be true, but I don't think there's a lot of "room for error" this season.

I love Harbaugh. But I gotta think everyone involved was looking at something more than what's been put out there. Being ranked #5 isn't really helping either. Expectations are high.

You're very patient Bobby Layne Bobby Layne . More power to you! I'm calling for coaches to get fired before they even coach a game!! :rofl:

It is.

My expectations are 10-2. The OL is what it is, but they've brought in one of the best OL coaches in the country, and he finally has a QB.

They should be at least be in the discussion for the CFBP come OSU.

It is.

My expectations are 10-2. The OL is what it is, but they've brought in one of the best OL coaches in the country, and he finally has a QB.

They should be at least be in the discussion for the CFBP come OSU.

You guys open with ND right? Or is that a few games into the season?

That’s one of the few times I pull for the maize and blue, my hatred of Notre Dame is that bad :lol:

And if my Aunt had balls she'd be my Uncle. 16 points isn't "almost". If that was the case y'all "almost" beat OSU :lol:.

Did ND "almost" lose to y'all or is that too much of a stretch? Was that Larry Scott's fault too?

The only time I ever bring up that game is when you start with your bull**** b :lol:. I know you still have PTSD from when Jim went in there and clowned y'all but it's time to let that go.

My point was never that his tenure so far has been a success, but rather that it has not been a disappointment and for the most part on schedule. He's lost on a fluke play to an MSU team that went to the playoff in year one, and last year in a monsoon with no QB, but go ahead and keep bringing up old **** from different regimes.

Harbaugh hasn't been an abject failure in UM but he also hasn't lived up to expectations. You KEEP talking about SC but Helton has flat out outperformed Harbaugh in the past 2 years (3 if you count his interim year.) If talking about his Stanford years is the salve on the wound that is UM fans' shattered expectations so far then so be it. Helton for all his ineptitude is undefeated at home, beats his rivals, and beats the teams he's supposed to. Again, what's Harbaugh's excuse? MSU team that went to the playoff? Whose fault is that? Y'all recruit in the same city and you take all the best kids but still lose. One win in how long?

You sitting there arguing over the point spread of a UF game that was the high point of your season and also the worst half of offensive football I saw all year - when your coach is supposed to be some offensive and quarterbacking genius - tells me all I need to know. Derrick Green is rolling over in his gravy.

Excited for Reschke's return this season?

Riley's gone, but I'm sure lil bro Byron can pick up the mantle in aiding dude to split up the team among racial lines again.

*Yawn* :lol:

All the crap going on at MSU right now, that's probably the last thing I'm worried about.

Harbaugh hasn't been an abject failure in UM but he also hasn't lived up to expectations. You KEEP talking about SC but Helton has flat out outperformed Harbaugh in the past 2 years (3 if you count his interim year.) If talking about his Stanford years is the salve on the wound that is UM fans' shattered expectations so far then so be it. Helton for all his ineptitude is undefeated at home, beats his rivals, and beats the teams he's supposed to. Again, what's Harbaugh's excuse? MSU team that went to the playoff? Whose fault is that? Y'all recruit in the same city and you take all the best kids but still lose. One win in how long?

You sitting there arguing over the point spread of a UF game that was the high point of your season and also the worst half of offensive football I saw all year - when your coach is supposed to be some offensive and quarterbacking genius - tells me all I need to know. Derrick Green is rolling over in his gravy.

Y'all lost to Utah in 16 as well but I guess that Larry's fault too right?

ND ain't y'all rival anymore? No one cares about W's against Cal and UCLA :lol:. That would be like me bringing up W's against Minnesota.

Y'all take all the damn best kids on an entire coast and still manage to lose to the WSU and Utahs of the world. That's a lot worse than losing to MSU b.

Last edited:

Y'all lost to Utah in 16 as well but I guess that Larry's fault too right?

ND ain't y'all rival anymore? No one cares about W's against Cal and UCLA :lol:. That would be like me bringing up W's against Minnesota.

Y'all take all the damn best kids on an entire coast and still manage to lose to the WSU and Utahs of the world. That's a lot worse than losing to MSU b.

OK. Let's play that game.

Clueless Clay is 3-1 against UCLA and ND (our primary rivals) as HC. 4-2 if you count his interim year. 6-4 if you count Stanford. He has 2 division titles and 1 conference championship in that 3 year span (1 division and 1 conference if we just talk about him as HC.) He has a NY6 win and a top 5 finish.

What's Harbaugh's record against Ohio State and MSU in his 3 years at Michigan? Spoiler: 1-5. What's Harbaugh's bowl record? What game worth talking about has Harbaugh won in his 3 years?

What game worth talking about has Michigan won in 12 years? The last time you guys were talking this "we were almost in the championship doe!" bull **** JD Booty (lmao) stomped the living hell out of you and you turned on the last coach that was worth a damn at your has been *** school.

Also LOL at the convenience of you saying "no one cares about wins against UCLA". Why because we actually handle our business against them??

Best offensive coach in the world, coached in the super bowl, beat Pete Carroll twice, whispers to QBs, but can't win ****. Your fan base without a second thought would take what Clay has done in 3 years over Harbaugh's entire career and that's the truth. You over here talking about "we almost won a game which would have given us a chance to maybe play for a chance for the playoff" and you expect me to take you seriously when you're criticizing a team that wins its division and conferences and can actually beat it's chief rivals?

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

OK. Let's play that game.

Clueless Clay is 3-1 against UCLA and ND (our primary rivals) as HC. 4-2 if you count his interim year. 6-4 if you count Stanford. He has 2 division titles and 1 conference championship in that 3 year span (1 division and 1 conference if we just talk about him as HC.) He has a NY6 win and a top 5 finish.

What's Harbaugh's record against Ohio State and MSU in his 3 years at Michigan? Spoiler: 1-5. What's Harbaugh's bowl record? What game worth talking about has Harbaugh won in his 3 years?

What game worth talking about has Michigan won in 12 years? The last time you guys were talking this "we were almost in the championship doe!" bull **** JD Booty (lmao) stomped the living hell out of you and you turned on the last coach that was worth a damn at your has been *** school.

Also LOL at the convenience of you saying "no one cares about wins against UCLA". Why because we actually handle our business against them??

Best offensive coach in the world, coached in the super bowl, beat Pete Carroll twice, whispers to QBs, but can't win ****. Your fan base without a second thought would take what Clay has done in 3 years over Harbaugh's entire career and that's the truth. You over here talking about "we almost won a game which would have given us a chance to maybe play for a chance for the playoff" and you expect me to take you seriously when you're criticizing a team that wins its division and conferences and can actually beat it's chief rivals?

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Because they have been irrelevant for almost 20 years now. No one outside of LA cares about that game. It's a joke y'all went .500 against Mora, and lost in 06 to ****ing Karl Dorrell :lol:

Also I know you love your alternative facts but did you forget that Rose Bowl was against a team Michigan annihilated that season? And before "injured LB's doe", PSU could have had Posluszny, or Arrington out there that day and it wouldn't have mattered.

So UF almost beat Michigan in losing by 16, but Michigan got washed by SC in the 07 RB by losing by 14? Or is the score to that game different on the Brietbart sports network website?

Your worse than a damn domer bringing up games from over a decade ago with two completely different coaching staffs. The sooner y'all admit the Carrol era is over the sooner y'all can actually hire a competent AD and HC. Maybe y'all will luck out again and strike hot on your seventh option like y'all did with Pete come December but I think we'll be seeing this come January unfortunately

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
AGAIN it's telling that you nitpick at parts of my argument but ignore EVERYTHING I said about your trash coach and the current state of your team.

You love saying "fake news" then twisting my words to defend your weak *** team. I said, verbatim, "the last time you guys were talking this 'we were almost in the championship doe!' bull **** JD Booty (lmao) stomped the living hell out of you and you turned on the last coach that was worth a damn at your has been *** school."

JD Booty's stat line that day: 391 yards, 4 TDs, 0 INTs. He didn't stomp the hell out of you? Or is that alternative facts?

And if I recall, UM scored their last TD that game with our walkons on the field with like a minute left on the clock and Chad Henne still throwing prayers. I guess you must have almost won that game too. Michigan football's turned into a joke.

Strong JDR edit to your post. Your last minute adjustments are certainly better than Harbaugh's.

Joseph Lewis pleads guilty

https://twitter.com/BradyMcCollough/status/999416067192598528

USC receiver Joseph Lewis IV has pleaded guilty to two counts relating to his arrest for domestic violence (willfully inflicting corporal injury resulting in a traumatic condition upon a victim). He was sentenced to 36 months probation and 60 days in county jail. Story to follow.

With “good time, work time” credits, Lewis would only have to serve 30 days in county jail, starting June 15. That makes him available for USC’s fall camp. He is currently not on the Trojans roster. He told The Times last week he would like to return to USC.

If Lewis had gone to trial — jury selection was nearly complete and opening arguments were set to begin — his max sentence would have been 2 years in county jail. That would have derailed his football career. Lewis was a coveted five-star recruit and has three years remaining.

AGAIN it's telling that you nitpick at parts of my argument but ignore EVERYTHING I said about your trash coach and the current state of your team.

You love saying "fake news" then twisting my words to defend your weak *** team. I said, verbatim, "the last time you guys were talking this 'we were almost in the championship doe!' bull **** JD Booty (lmao) stomped the living hell out of you and you turned on the last coach that was worth a damn at your has been *** school."

JD Booty's stat line that day: 391 yards, 4 TDs, 0 INTs. He didn't stomp the hell out of you? Or is that alternative facts?

And if I recall, UM scored their last TD that game with our walkons on the field with like a minute left on the clock and Chad Henne still throwing prayers. I guess you must have almost won that game too. Michigan football's turned into a joke.

No we lost and the game wasn't close, but under YOUR definition of "almost" extending to beating a team by two TD's I guess we did.

I don't need to twist your words, you do a fine job of spinning for SC yourself Nako O’Reilly. Like when last season trying to make the dubious point of saying that Rosen had just as much talent around him as Darnold did you brought how he played with Jack and Barr, when A, Jack played like 4 games that season, and B, he never was even on the same team as Barr :lol:.

Was Tua "recruiting for SC" on the field during the NC? Anymore John Harbaugh to SC rumors you can share?

Still talking about SC but can't say **** about why Michigan is still the 7th best team in the Big 10. I'm done.

Maybe SC will start 1-2 or 1-3. Shrug. Keep this same energy when Mich has 4-5 losses going INTO November.

You posting bull**** in here ain't got nothing to do with SC :lol:

Again, spin and deflect. Trump would be proud b.

Still talking about SC but can't say **** about why Michigan is still the 7th best team in the Big 10. I'm done.

Maybe SC will start 1-2 or 1-3. Shrug. Keep this same energy when Mich has 4-5 losses going INTO November.

I can't wait to bump this and the inevitable "JT for Heisman :nerd:" posts after fall camp and the UNLV game come November when Michigan is in the CFBP discussion and your posting rumors about how Pete is thinking about coming back.

You posting bull**** in here ain't got nothing to do with SC :lol:

Again, spin and deflect. Trump would be proud b.

I asked you what the last meaningful game UM won was. You dodged it.

I said any UM fan would take Clay's tenure over Harbaugh's right now. You dodged it.

I asked if you're really holding up two close losses to Ohio State and MSU as victories. If that's what's become of your program. You danced and spun around addressing that. I'm always "talking about old ****"? What exactly has UM done this year that's worth discussing? Or we're gonna talk about the future? That's all your loser fanbase wants to do. Talk about what Harbaugh WILL do, then come May you push the due date back.

The Trump **** is cute coming from Michigan.

Your team sucks. No amount of bad jokes or Jack Del Rio photoshops will change that. Enjoy South Africa. Good luck vs. Nebraska and Northwestern. My apologies to the rest of the thread. Is that UM specific CFB thread still active?

I asked you what the last meaningful game UM won was. You dodged it.

I said any UM fan would take Clay's tenure over Harbaugh's right now. You dodged it.

I asked if you're really holding up two close losses to Ohio State and MSU as victories. If that's what's become of your program. You danced and spun around addressing that. I'm always "talking about old ****"? What exactly has UM done this year that's worth discussing? Or we're gonna talk about the future? That's all your loser fanbase wants to do. Talk about what Harbaugh WILL do, then come May you push the due date back.

The Trump **** is cute coming from Michigan.

Your team sucks. No amount of bad jokes or Jack Del Rio photoshops will change that. Enjoy South Africa. Good luck vs. Nebraska and Northwestern. My apologies to the rest of the thread. Is that UM specific CFB thread still active?

UM? You talking about Miami or Memphis?

The only true meaningful games are wins against OSU, and post season games involving NC implications. Michigan has accomplished neither for a long time, and I have never sugar coated that fact.

No sane person is taking Clay over Jim. If given the choice today 99.9% of your fan base wouldn't even think twice about switching coaches and you know that.

NY literally birthed dude. Y'all can blame this state for a lot of **** but that's on y'all.

Back
Top Bottom