OFFICIAL 2018 FANTASY BASEBALL THREAD

Everyone still in the mix? :nerd: :nerd:

I have to review my leagues playoff breakdown again. If it's 4 from each division I MAY be able to sneak in. I'm in 5th right now but with 3 weeks left if I can edge out the 4th place team I may get in.

I'm already chalking up the L tho on this season. I was decimated with injuries all summer :smh:

I have to review my leagues playoff breakdown again. If it's 4 from each division I MAY be able to sneak in. I'm in 5th right now but with 3 weeks left if I can edge out the 4th place team I may get in.

I'm already chalking up the L tho on this season. I was decimated with injuries all summer :smh:
That sucks :smh:. Anything can happen in the playoffs though. Just gotta try to squeeze in.

In my league (10 teams) the top 3 in each division make it in (division winners get a first round bye). I'm pretty much locked in to the #3 seed at 113-91-12, but I won't get the bye. The dude leading my division has a 20 game lead with three weeks to go (36 possible wins) :lol:.

Somehow I've managed to overcome a ton of high profile injuries.

Mike Trout
Clayton Kershaw
Stephen Strasburg
Lance McCullers

Have all been DL'ed for a month plus now. Trout is back (and raking :pimp:) but he was gone for about two months. Some solid free agent pickups have helped me along the way (Pomeranz [some idiot dropped him mid-May, don't ask why], Faria, Godley, Peacock for my pitching staff; Bellinger, Merrifield, Andrelton Simmons, Parra, Devers for my offense).

I wish I could secure that first round bye but I still think I have a great shot at the title if Kersh and Strasburg come back healthy. Would be nice to get that thousand bucks just in time to pay off all of the dues for my fantasy football leagues :lol:. Here's my team (catcher is a revolving door as well as my UTIL and an OF spot or two):

Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 11.20.51 AM.png Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 11.21.08 AM.png

Last edited:
Looking at my team as it is now and I swear my only keepers may be guys like Luis Castillo (Reds), Sonny Gray (got him at the trade deadline) & Whit Merrifield.

Looking at my team as it is now and I swear my only keepers may be guys like Luis Castillo (Reds), Sonny Gray (got him at the trade deadline) & Whit Merrifield.
That's brutal :sick:. I would've sold some vets or something for some draft picks at the deadline :lol:. Or does your league not allow that?

We can keep 4 players in our league for up to three years each, with one player being eligible for a 4th year "franchise tag". Next year I'll have Darvish in the 14th round. Drafted him at a huge discount two years ago coming off Tommy John when he missed half of the season. Such a steal. Bellinger and Devers will be my other locked-in keepers. Both were free agent pickups so I'll lose my two 20th round picks for them. Made a savvy move in acquiring an extra 20th round pick in a trade to allow me to do that :pimp:. I can keep McCullers with a 15th rounder but I don't know if I wanna deal with his durability/injury issues although he's definitely a bargain in the 15th.

That's brutal :sick:. I would've sold some vets or something for some draft picks at the deadline :lol:. Or does your league not allow that?

We can keep 4 players in our league for up to three years each, with one player being eligible for a 4th year "franchise tag". Next year I'll have Darvish in the 14th round. Drafted him at a huge discount two years ago coming off Tommy John when he missed half of the season. Such a steal. Bellinger and Devers will be my other locked-in keepers. Both were free agent pickups so I'll lose my two 20th round picks for them. Made a savvy move in acquiring an extra 20th round pick in a trade to allow me to do that :pimp:. I can keep McCullers with a 15th rounder but I don't know if I wanna deal with his durability/injury issues although he's definitely a bargain in the 15th.

So we're 2-years into the league and trading draft picks is still up for discussion :rolleyes .

I mean I have options to keep guys like Dallas, Archer, LeMahieu :nerd:

^ I'd definitely hang on to Keuchel and Archer as long as the price isn't too high. Those guys are studs.

Congratulations to @suavamente and @eracism for making it to the finals of the NT Champions League! @suavamente with back to back upsets to get to the Championship and @eracism for crushing it like he has been all season! With that being said I still need payment from a few guys so we can promptly pay the winner within the next week or two. Don't wanna let it linger on like last year where we had to wait over a month to get paid.

I still need payment from nomnom nomnom @bigpat630 @lovehateself @suavamente @xxpizzo and @CrownRoyalDaddy

Guys it’s almost that time of the year!!

Gonna start setting up the league soon and see who wants to return. Gonna make some changes on the scoring bc pitching was OD last season.

Body is ready :pimp:

- What Twitter accounts should we be following?
- What sites should we be favorting?

NT Champions League 18 is officially OPEN

Will tag y’allHere shortly so we can discuss who’s gonna return and other things. It’s back guys!

looking to start a league up with my friends what type of scoring do you guys recommend. also which platform/ who has the best app.

we did it a couple years ago it was h2h i think 5x5 categories but the waiver window was so bad it virtually ruined the league.

did a quick google and h2h points seems interesting. has anyone ever done that? basically single= 1. double = 2 triple=3 hr=4. -1 for strikeouts. not sure how the pitching works.

If ya had to choose 3 keepers out of the following:

LeMahieu
Merrifield
Hoskins
Luis Castillo (Reds SP)
Gray
Luke Weaver
Iglesias (Reds closer)
Archer
Keuchel

:nerd:

If ya had to choose 3 keepers out of the following:

LeMahieu
Merrifield
Hoskins
Luis Castillo (Reds SP)
Gray
Luke Weaver
Iglesias (Reds closer)
Archer
Keuchel

:nerd:
Do you lose draft picks or anything for keeping them?

Do you lose draft picks or anything for keeping them?

Yeah the round they were drafted in. So in reality if I were to keep (say) Hoskins, Weaver and Castillo, I would lost 3 end-round picks as none were drafted.

Our league is bound for a shake up tho, so who knows what the penalty may end up being.

Yeah the round they were drafted in. So in reality if I were to keep (say) Hoskins, Weaver and Castillo, I would lost 3 end-round picks as none were drafted.

Our league is bound for a shake up tho, so who knows what the penalty may end up being.
Those three guys you mentioned might be your best bet. Hoskins should be a stud and Weaver/Castillo could very well be aces. I love Archer but that depends on what round you'd lose. I'm assuming he was a relatively early pick last year so probably not much value in keeping him. Keuchel might be a nice value since he was drafted alot later last year than he will be this year. I'm not super high on him though.

Those three guys you mentioned might be your best bet. Hoskins should be a stud and Weaver/Castillo could very well be aces. I love Archer but that depends on what round you'd lose. I'm assuming he was a relatively early pick last year so probably not much value in keeping him. Keuchel might be a nice value since he was drafted alot later last year than he will be this year. I'm not super high on him though.

From what I remember I think I went Archer & Dallas b2b rounds 4/5 or 5/6.

From what I remember I think I went Archer & Dallas b2b rounds 4/5 or 5/6.
Damn, Keuchel didn't go until the 12th in my league last year :lol:. I'm surprised he went that early in yours after a dismal 2016. In that case I'd probably go with the three young guys you mentioned. They could all end up being early-mid round values and you're essentially getting them for free.

I have a keeper decision of my own. Debating on whether or not to go with Lance McCullers in the 15th or Stephen Strasburg in the 5th. I'm leaning towards McCullers but can't make up my mind :ohwell: . My other three are locked in- Cody Bellinger in the 20th, Rafael Devers in the 20th, and Yu Darvish in the 14th.

Damn, Keuchel didn't go until the 12th in my league last year :lol:. I'm surprised he went that early in yours after a dismal 2016. In that case I'd probably go with the three young guys you mentioned. They could all end up being early-mid round values and you're essentially getting them for free.

I have a keeper decision of my own. Debating on whether or not to go with Lance McCullers in the 15th or Stephen Strasburg in the 5th. I'm leaning towards McCullers but can't make up my mind :ohwell: . My other three are locked in- Cody Bellinger in the 20th, Rafael Devers in the 20th, and Yu Darvish in the 14th.

Why not Stras and McCullers, and forget about Yu.

Back
Top Bottom