Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They both play that downhill, runaway freight train style.

Once they build up some steam headed towards the rim, there's no stopping them.
Julius Randle was more developed with his ball skills at a similar age.

Zion is a much better leaper.

I really wish there was a way to see if the comparison would have been made if he wasn't big, black, and a lefty though lol

Julius Randle was more developed with his ball skills at a similar age.

Zion is a much better leaper.

I really wish there was a way to see if the comparison would have been made if he wasn't big, black, and a lefty though lol

I hear you...

It's a somewhat valid comparison comparison though as far as how they attack. Obviously Julius can't jump as high...

And no Julius really didn't develop any solid ball control skills until last season.

If there's a stat for open court turnovers caused by minimal defender duress, Julius is the all time leader in that category.

And no Julius really didn't develop any solid ball control skills until last season.

I
This is false and there are tendency statistics that disprove it.

I don't feel like going to his tracking page but this is from his DX page. Sure he didn't excel in ISOs but the skill was there.

Zion ain't there as of now. We can see where he is next year

Another area where Randle showed potential was as an isolation threat, as the only collegiate prospect among this group who used more possessions per game in isolation situations than Randle was Dwight Powell. While his efficiency wasn't all that great at 0.76 points per possession -- hurt somewhat by turnovers, predictability due to an unrefined right hand, and by not being much of a threat shooting away from the basket -- should Randle improve in any or all of these areas, he will have a quickness advantage against most of his defenders at the next level, and could really expand this part of his game. - Source: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Julius-Randle-6294/ ©DraftExpress

This is false and there are tendency statistics that disprove it.

I don't feel like going to his tracking page but this is from his DX page. Sure he didn't excel in ISOs but the skill was there.

Zion ain't there as of now. We can see where he is next year

Another area where Randle showed potential was as an isolation threat, as the only collegiate prospect among this group who used more possessions per game in isolation situations than Randle was Dwight Powell. While his efficiency wasn't all that great at 0.76 points per possession -- hurt somewhat by turnovers, predictability due to an unrefined right hand, and by not being much of a threat shooting away from the basket -- should Randle improve in any or all of these areas, he will have a quickness advantage against most of his defenders at the next level, and could really expand this part of his game. - Source: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Julius-Randle-6294/ ©DraftExpress

nah pull up the tracking page...

I've sat through too many games where Julius thought he was a pg and lost the ball 35 feet from the basket. Especially as a Laker. He wasn't doing as much of that at Kentucky because Cal would have been all up in that ***.

And I'm calling BS now on your "the only reason anyone is making this comparison is because they're big black and left handed".

There's some similarities you aren't willing to concede because you're stuck on race in a sport that is majority black.

I'm here for the race card when it applies. Not in this instance though.

Bleacher Report Top 25 Under 25
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2790929-metrics-101-ranking-nbas-top-25-players-under-25#slide13

25-21: Deandre Ayton, Lauri Markkanen, Luka Doncic, Fred VanVleet, Taurean Prince
20-16: Julius Randle, Marcus Smart, Brandon Ingram, Myles Turner, Aaron Gordon
15-11: Lonzo Ball, Dario Saric, Jamal Murray, Gary Harris, Clint Capela
10: Jaylen Brown
9: Devin Booker
8: Jayson Tatum
7: Kristaps Porzinigis
6: Donovan Mitchell
5: Ben Simmons
4: Karl-Anthony Towns
3: Nikola Jokic
2: Joel Embiid
1: Giannis Antetokounmpo

nah pull up the tracking page...

I've sat through too many games where Julius thought he was a pg and lost the ball 35 feet from the basket. Especially as a Laker. He wasn't doing as much of that at Kentucky because Cal would have been all up in that ***.

And I'm calling BS now on your "the only reason anyone is making this comparison is because they're big black and left handed".

There's some similarities you aren't willing to concede because you're stuck on race in a sport that is majority black.

I'm here for the race card when it applies. Not in this instance though.
There ARE some similarities, I never denied that.

I am just saying, if ZIon looked like Kyle Kuzma, you wouldn't say he played like Julius Randle

That is ALL I am saying

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2790929-metrics-101-ranking-nbas-top-25-players-under-25#slide13

25-21: Deandre Ayton, Lauri Markkanen, Luka Doncic, Fred VanVleet, Taurean Prince

Wow Kyle Kuzma is better than Ayton, Markkanen (despite similar rookie stats), Luka, Vanvleet (I like Vanvleet a lot though) Prince (wildly inconsistent) Randle, and Smart.

List is disrespectful lol!

There ARE some similarities, I never denied that.

I am just saying, if ZIon looked like Kyle Kuzma, you wouldn't say he played like Julius Randle

That is ALL I am saying

Nah, bro. You're saying a lot more than that by reaching.

You've arrived at that conclusion on the strength of nothing.

Pure speculation on your part with 0 supporting evidence.

You're gonna have to let this one go.

Unless you can show me where the poster you quoted makes baseless comparisons between black athletes on the basis of skin color only, you have nothing.

If you haven't played an NBA game, you shouldn't be on the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom