Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jimmy's body is gonna be dead broke in a year after Thibs squeezes the remaining blood from that stone.

Not in Rondo’s DNA to just sit back and accept a secondary role. Doesn’t matter where Lonzo was drafted or what their future plans are. The better player is going to be the one playing alongside Bron. If Lonzo shows he’s definitely better than Rondo, then it will be him. If not, it is what it is.

These are the things you sign up for when you get Bron and you get Rondo.
I think Kuzma or ingram can steal that starting spot from Bron if they have a good training camp.

Bron is better suited off the bench with lance.

Bron off the bench with the young lord Stephenson is a scary sight.

zero problem with dynasties.. and i'm far from an LA fan

i'm not watching the NBA now for the same reason i didnt watch those finals the nets were in.. or why i dont really watch basketball in the olympics

i want to see competition, i want to see great players go at those dynasties.. i'm not watching basketball just for basketball sake

that series vs the rockets was the only basketball worth watching in the last 2 seasons, in my opinion.. and i guess lebron's game 1 of the finals too
There's competition in the NBA on a nightly basis. Don't know what "basketball for just basketball sake" means. The league has more talent in it now than ever. League in a great place.

MAgic, make the call!
Report: Jimmy Butler 'Fed Up' with 'Nonchalant' Timberwolves, Karl-Anthony Towns
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...th-nonchalant-timberwolves-karl-anthony-towns
All-Star shooting guard Jimmy Butler reportedly has "no intentions" of signing a contract extension with the Minnesota Timberwolves, due to issues with his teammates.

According to Joe Cowley of the Chicago Sun-Times, Butler is "all but fed up with the nonchalant attitude of his younger teammates," specifically center Karl-Anthony Towns.

Butler has one year remaining on his contract before he can decline his player option and become a free agent in 2019.
---

Bron out here texting til his nails fall off

giphy.gif

I am not trusting anybody touching 30 who played under thibbs Nah Man, ESPECIALLY giving up assets for them. If We Strike out on Kawhi next summer than maybe you consider giving Butler a deal but **** NO to trading for him.

Not in Rondo’s DNA to just sit back and accept a secondary role. Doesn’t matter where Lonzo was drafted or what their future plans are. The better player is going to be the one playing alongside Bron. If Lonzo shows he’s definitely better than Rondo, then it will be him. If not, it is what it is.

The clips of Rondo and Bron getting into it over X's and O's during timeouts gonna be great.

giphy.gif

I am not trusting anybody touching 30 who played under thibbs Nah Man, ESPECIALLY giving up assets for them. If We Strike out on Kawhi next summer than maybe you consider giving Butler a deal but **** NO to trading for him.
Why are Lakers fans so silly

Top 5 two guard in the league and y'all don't want to trade Kuzma or ingram? Like what

Yea so The Lakers are gonna stunt the Growth of their PG of the Future & go against the Wishes Of Lebron James all to keep Rajon Rondo on his 1 year deal happy. that makes all the sense in the world.

Reactions: DLF
The Golden State Warriors Have Broken the NBA (WSJ Article)

Remember when the Los Angeles Lakers signed LeBron James? That was adorable.

The Golden State Warriors responded to one of the most seismic moves the NBA has ever seen on Monday night by reminding the other 29 teams in the league they’re only nominally playing the same game. They pulled off the surprise of the summer: a one-year, $5.3 million bargain deal with free agent DeMarcus Cousins. Which means they now have five players from last year’s NBA All-Star Game on the same team that won last year’s championship, and the one the year before that, and probably next year’s, too.

Now it’s worth asking the question that echoed around the league as demoralized teams began to reckon with the depressing reality that the Warriors, who are coming off what is statistically the best four-year stretch in the history of professional basketball, might have gotten even better: Um, how?

The first thing that’s important to understand is that the DeMarcus Cousins they’re getting isn’t the DeMarcus Cousins who is used to demolishing the other extraordinarily large human beings who call themselves NBA centers. Not too long ago, Cousins was described as “the best big man in our game” by someone who would know: LeBron James.

But there’s a reason he was there for the taking. The four-time All-Star tore his Achilles tendon in January, a devastating injury that sidelined him for the remainder of the season and should keep him on the bench for his first few months in Golden State, and not even the Warriors are light years enough ahead of the NBA to know how Cousins will recover. He could be a shadow of himself, and his mercurial personality could upset the Warriors’ chemistry, and things could get so bad for Golden State they might actually lose a game in the Finals. Or he could be the discount they didn’t need.

Cousins was worth the gamble either way. And that’s because it wasn’t really a gamble.

This was supposed to be a tricky off-season for the Warriors. The Houston Rockets, Philadelphia 76ers and Boston Celtics were all coming for them, and they figured they couldn’t be as aggressive as usual since the most they had to offer any free agent was the $5.3 million reserved for the tax-payer mid-level exception. They were eyeing the right sort of role player for that money. Instead they got another superstar on the cheap by taking advantage of the NBA’s bear market. And they were as stunned as everyone else. It wasn’t their plan, but the whole point of free agency is to let players decide where they want to play, and they weren’t going to turn this player down.

It’s possible their starting lineup in next year’s playoffs—Cousins, Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, Draymond Green and Kevin Durant—will have as many All-Stars as every Toronto Raptors team combined. The Warriors already had more talent than any team ever assembled. Now, if Cousins is healthy, they have even more.

So the NBA will be consumed in the coming months by endless chatter about how the league is unfair, the season is already over and the Warriors have ruined the sport. It might sound awfully familiar by now. The last time this happened was the summer of 2016. The Warriors signed Kevin Durant to a 73-win team, and you’ll never guess what happened next.

But here’s the thing: The Warriors have Cousins for the same reason they already had Durant.

The NBA quickly realized after the windfall of its $24 billion television deal that it had an unexpected problem: too much money too soon. The league proposed slowly injecting all that revenue over the course of several years. The players’ union rejected the idea. What could have been a smooth growth curve turned into a spike.

The salary cap increased by so much in the summer of 2016 that it packed a decade’s worth of inflation in one year. Almost every team had more money than it knew how to spend. And most of them spent unwisely. The Warriors are one of the few teams that don’t regret their decisions from that summer. They got Kevin Durant. The rest of the league got agita.

The ripple effects of that summer are still being felt today. It’s the reason the unlucky players who happen to be free agents this summer find themselves squeezed. The cap spike that helped Durant and came back to haunt Cousins.

In this environment of NBA austerity, few teams had the cap space to splurge on a player who commanded a maximum contract, and fewer teams would commit to a moody big man recovering from a brutal injury. The market for Cousins was surprisingly cool. The same player who made $18 million last season and could’ve signed a five-year contract worth about $175 million this summer decided to settle for $5.3 million and bet on himself.

But his ruptured Achilles could turn out to be an unlikely stroke of luck. He’s now in basketball paradise on a team good enough on the court to ease him back from his rehabilitation and secure enough off the court to salvage his reputation around the league. If all goes right for Cousins—who averaged as many 3-point attempts last season as Durant and allows the Warriors to play small ball with a lineup bigger than most regular-sized lineups—he wins a championship, tests free agency when bad contracts start to come off the books next summer and demands a huge raise. The optimal scenario for the Warriors is that Cousins plays well enough that not even they can afford him.

Which is why the easiest way to understand the latest plot twist of this NBA off-season is to simply laugh at the absurdity of it all. Like any good joke, this one involves the New York Knicks.

All you need to know about the insanity of this summer is that the Knicks are paying Mario Hezonja more than what the Warriors are paying DeMarcus Cousins.

Write to Ben Cohen at [email protected]

Yea so The Lakers are gonna stunt the Growth of their PG of the Future & go against the Wishes Of Lebron James all to keep Rajon Rondo on his 1 year deal happy. that makes all the sense in the world.
The wishes of LeBron is why this will happen.

There's competition in the NBA on a nightly basis. Don't know what "basketball for just basketball sake" means. The league has more talent in it now than ever. League in a great place.

i'm not just going to watch basketball because it's there.. NBA goes away, i'm not watching euroleague, big 3 or whatever other leagues

and the regular season in the NBA has significant issues:
  1. too many games.. at most the season should be 70 games and that's being generous
  2. back to backs and 3 games in 4 nights.. max should be 3 games a week for teams
  3. we know certain teams arent really really giving it their all night in and night out knowing their seed doesnt really matter for playoffs
then you got the individual game issues, where you can just ignore pretty much most of what it is going on and pay attention for the last 5 or so mins IF the game is close... plus now you got teams/guys who shouldnt be taken a ton of 3s, doing so

i mean you'll have the occasional game when guys go off and do something great or teams legit go at it.. but the league has over 1200 games.. christmas day is probably the only day that i legit pay attention to multiple of them and that's just to avoid watching christmas story multiple times or have to talk with family i dont want to talk to

He just talking to talk. Can't wait til Kyrie leaves for NYC after next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom