Votes: 1 7.1%
  • July

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • August

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • September

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
With pitchers and catchers reporting, and the stove still cold it’s an interesting start to the season!

Spring training is a bit different for us this season as we are a World Series front runner, feels good to be back boys.

With pitchers and catchers reporting, and the stove still cold it’s an interesting start to the season!

Spring training is a bit different for us this season as we are a World Series front runner, feels good to be back boys.

Damnit man. I was going to make one today. I enjoyed the responsibility

mlb_the_show_18_aaron_judge_art_1200.1510009485.jpg

READY ....

If they do the Players Weekend jerseys this year... I hope Giancarlo’s jersey says Mike :rofl:

Also Giancarlo looking like god in pinstripes.

Cashman stated he wanted to keep about $10mil open for the trade deadline.

Which means we have about $10mil to play with.

Current Roster
SP:
1 - Severino
2 - Tanaka
3 - Gray
4 - Sabathia
5 - Montgomery / Adams (loser gets sent to AAA and is moved up and down all season.. Similar to Bryan Mitchell last few years)

RP
C. Green
C. Shreve
A. Warren
T. Kahnle
7th - D. Robertson
8th - D. Betances
9th - A. Chapman

C - Sanchez
1B - Bird
2B - ???
3B - ???
SS - Gregorius
LF - Gardner
CF - Hicks
RF - Judge
DH - Stanton

C - Romine
1B/RF - T. Austin
INF - Torreyes or Tyler Wade
OF - Ellsbury

Gleyber, Andujar & Fraizer make things confusing because it's hard to know when they'll be on the roster, and in Clint's case, if he'll be on the Yankees.

With about $12mil, the best options are:
Alex Cobb - 2 year / $20-25mil (Jhoulys Chacin got 2 year / $15.5mil. CC got 1 year / $10mil. Jaime Garcia got 1 year / $10mil. Andrew Cashner got 2 year / $18mil. Mike Minor 3 year / $28mil. Tyler Chatwood 3 year / $38mil. Pineda 2 year / $10mil)

Neil Walker - 1 year / $12-13mil. Gives us a MLB option at 2B while we wait for Gleyber to get back in swinging shape. And opens us up to have Neil at 2B, if there are injuries and Gleyber needs to be moved around the field.

Yunel Escobar - 1 year / $2-4mil. Hits well, gets on base well. Would be a pretty good option off the bench for 3B... OR if Andujar can't do it right away, not a bad stop gap. Gets on base, hits for okay average, won't hit more than maybe 10 home runs if he played all year. But if he's batting # 9 getting on base is all that matters. Escobar would allow us to make an even bigger move at the deadline.

And a dark horse..... If we traded Fraizer, and somehow found a way to get rid of Ellsbury (Which Fraizer is a good chance, Ellsbury is how much we swallow of his deal)
Carlos Gonzalez - 1 year / $8-12mil. Maybe give him a 2nd year, with a few million guaranteed. Just trying to bank on him at Yankees stadium, in a smaller role that he'd contribute. Not going to happen, but if Fraizer was traded for prospects, and Ellsbury was traded ( :lol: )

I'd probably go Walker... Walker allows us to be able to move guys around in the infield if we need stop gaps, and probably would put up 20 Home runs if he was regularly in the lineup, as a lefty bat in the bottom of the order.. Not sure Cobb is necessary, but I wouldn't be mad if they went that direction to keep Sevy, Tanaka & CC's innings down to about 160-170 IP. But even then, could easily got with Chad Green, Chance Adams, Luis Cessa, Adam Warren, Domingo German

We just traded Nick Sloak to the DBacks. Sloak was ranked as the 7th best 2B prospect by MLB

Looks like we got Brandon Drury. He’s under TC. So will likely make $800k. He’s the favorite to start the season at 2B right now. Assuming Gleyber isn’t ready.

I think this opens up Alex Cobb since Neil Walker wont happen now.

Last edited:
Word is they may actually throw Drury at 3B.

So Torreyes / Tyler Wade at 2B & Drury will give us time to baby Gleyber & Andujar.

Would have liked Neil Walker because he’s a lefty bat. But can’t complain about getting a talented young guy for like 1/10th the salary of Walker. And keeps the $ open for either a SP now or deadline trades.

Back
Top Bottom