Votes: 1 7.1%
  • July

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • August

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • September

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
Arod would be an absolute fiasco in the dugout. dude knows baseball but let's be real, this is NY, he dates JLo, that would NEVER work here ...

NEVER ....

Cessa is garbage.

Why not give Adams another start there.

Hell, call up Sheffield.

Also, the Judge update sounded like we won't see him the rest of the year.

damb down 0-2.. i guess they not batting well today? im at work so not watching the game just saw the box score though

Got home from work and didn’t even know we had an early game today. Doesn’t matter because we lost. Again!

But this team is trash and I rather go back to the over spending for players like Trout, Machado, and trading farm pieces for players like a DeGrom or Verlander.

I don’t know if it’s because the Red Sox took our old George Steinbrenner formally of paying outrageous contracts for top talent or what, but this season seems over already.

Of course I’m talking reckless but you guys know what I mean.

Got home from work and didn’t even know we had an early game today. Doesn’t matter because we lost. Again!

But this team is trash and I rather go back to the over spending for players like Trout, Machado, and trading farm pieces for players like a DeGrom or Verlander.

I don’t know if it’s because the Red Sox took our old George Steinbrenner formally of paying outrageous contracts for top talent or what, but this season seems over already.

Of course I’m talking reckless but you guys know what I mean.
I feel you though.

In honor of the bobblehead I have coming in

Not sure I’ve ever seen anybody as locked in as he was those 4 games.

Last edited:
tired of hearing Boone say he's right there, just missing it :smh:

he hit that one playoff HR and and has everyone in the Yankee higher ups foaming at this guy's future and what he can do for us.... Bird not Boone ...

If it's not Bird. It's Sanchez.
If it's not Sanchez. It's Judge.
If it's not Judge. It's Stanton.
If it's not Stanton. It's Severino.
If it's not Severino. It's Tanaka.
If it's not Tanaka. It's Betances.
If it's not Betances. It's Chapman.

Just relax. There's no reason to give up on anybody on this team, this year or even next year. Except Sonny Gray

For example Bird had a pretty good July 4HR 19RBI .265/.337/.458 then slumped again. Still only 25. If he's a bottom of the order guy, which he is with the depth of our lineup when healthy, you give him another shot to turn it around next year as well. If he doesn't by middle of next year, then you can cut bait

essential1 essential1 you my dude but I don't put a lot of stock in your opinion when it regards to our players struggling. I won't call it bias but I'll refer to it as "hopefullness". You tried to convince us for a long time that Elsbury wasn't hot garbage and actually a good player and look at him now. In terms of Bird I don't think he e ever reaches his potential (here). Whether it be injuries or him just coming off as a mental ****** I don't see him being anything more than serviceable as long as he's in pinstripes.

essential1 essential1 you my dude but I don't put a lot of stock in your opinion when it regards to our players struggling. I won't call it bias but I'll refer to it as "hopefullness". You tried to convince us for a long time that Elsbury wasn't hot garbage and actually a good player and look at him now. In terms of Bird I don't think he e ever reaches his potential (here). Whether it be injuries or him just coming off as a mental ****** I don't see him being anything more than serviceable as long as he's in pinstripes.

That’s certainly possible.

But in terms of Bird, he’s a bottom of the order guy when everyone is healthy. So what you’re asking from him isn’t what you’re asking from say Stanton or Judge.

Should a clock be started on Bird? Yes. But I think there is no point of throwing in the towel this year. And even give him a couple months next year to figure it out. If by then he doesn’t or is injured again, then cut bait.

*Or another player is available that is too good to pass up

Also part of the reason is him playing doesn’t block anybody either currently. If there was another guy in the minors he was blocking that has potential then do what you gotta. But right now he’s not. He’s certainly been a disappointment because he’s got all the offensive potential in the world and we’ve been short changed on it. But I think just based on what our team is, we do have some luxury of time.

Sori :pimp:

image.jpg

Move Andujar to first base and sign Machado in the off-season. Also throw 3 years at Keuchel and see if he bites

That’s if Machado bites and wants to move back to 3rd. If he’s hell Bent on SS. No thanks.

Also there’s some rumblings that Harper could be interested at playing 1B. He was taking some fielding practice at first last month to help clear up log jam. But then they had some injuries.

Back
Top Bottom