***OFFICIAL 2019-20 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD (VOL. CALMA)***

Any Yahoo commissioners out there? My work league commish needs a hand.

TLDR; we moved to Yahoo from ESPN, and settings were never updated to have waivers run as FAAB. Commish never fixed it for Week 1, and still doesn't know how. He said when he attempts to change, he's prompted a "this is not a league setting that can be changed".

Does anyone know the fix?

There are some settings you can't change once the league starts. I believe this is one of them. I can only change priority, not type

upload_2019-9-17_10-28-17.png

Jake Ciely's Week 3 Waiver Article from the Athletic

Week 3 Fantasy Football Waiver Wire Pickups

Heads Up: Players must be under 60% owned on Yahoo and are listed in order of preference.

Waiver Wire Quarterbacks | Streaming Quarterback Rankings
  • Josh Allen, BUF vs CIN
  • Jameis Winston, TB vs NYG
If You’re Desperate
  • Jimmy Garoppolo, SF vs PIT
  • Mitchell Trubisky, CHI at WSH
  • Kirk Cousins, MIN vs OAK
  • Jacoby Brissett, IND vs ATL
  • Matthew Stafford, DET at PHI
No Sir, I Don’t Like It

• Teddy Bridgewater, NO at SEA
  • Marcus Mariota, TEN at JAX
  • Derek Carr, OAK at MIN
  • Joe Flacco, DEN at GB
  • Gardner Minshew, JAX vs TEN
  • Mason Rudolph, PIT at SF
  • Case Keenum, WSH vs CHI
  • Andy Dalton, CIN at BUF
Waiver Wire Running Backs
I Tried to Tell Ya : Adrian Peterson and Chris Thompson, WSH; Carlos Hyde, HOU – Peterson is easier to plug in for Non-PPR owners, and Thompson is the preferred option in anything with PPR… Hyde dominated the carries, and he’s essentially the Texans’ version of Peterson and Duke Johnson is Thompson (though, the Texans inexplicably didn’t get him involved in Week 2).

Jaylen Samuels and Benny Snell, PIT – Reports are that James Conner’s injury isn’t serious, but Samuels was on the field for 21 of the final 23 snaps. If out there, Samuels is a must-add on the chance that Conner is out. If so, Snell would be a deep, yet uninspiring, grab. He’s just like Jordan Howard – does nothing special, takes what’s there, straight-line runner – but the Steelers have shown they probably don’t want Samuels carrying the ball 20+ times a game. If broken apart and Conner was out, Samuels would rank ahead of anyone here with Snell being behind Ito Smith.

Raheem Mostert and Jeff Wilson, SF – As I tweeted out, Shanahanigans are in full force.

Some will argue that the 49ers were up early, which was the reason Mostert saw more work, but trying to predict this backfield is going to be tough. Mostert proved what many expected at the least, and it’s that Mostert is a severe threat to Matt Breida’s touches. The worst part is that Jeff Wilson saw a heavy dose of the goal-line work. With the Mason Rudolph-led Steelers coming into town, the Steelers defense looking vulnerable and the 49ers front causing pressure, the 49ers could be up again and use the three running backs in the same way. Or, it could be a close game, and that might mean more work for Breida… maybe? As it stands, I would still put the pecking order: Breida ➡️ Mostert ➡️ Wilson, but it’s far from a guarantee.

Darwin Thompson and Darrell Williams, KC – Similar to the Steelers situation, we don’t have word on the severity of the Damien Williams or LeSean McCoy injuries, so you have to take a gamble for now. I’m going Thompson first, and, yea, it kind of stinks that we all dropped him recently. Unfortunately, no one expected both top options for the Chiefs to get hurt in the same game. In any case, the other Williams, Darrell, is worth a grab too, as he fits the more power-focused role. Think of Thompson as Damien Williams and Williams is McCoy.

That’s why I want Thompson because the Chiefs don’t care much about establishing the run… and why would they with Patrick Mahomes looking like he can repeat 2018. So, the pass-catching option is the one we want.

Frank Gore and T.J. Yeldon, BUF – It’s a frustrating week for injuries, especially when we don’t have much news… yet. Hopefully, we get some news before all waivers run, but for now, Devin Singletary is a worrisome one, as while the team is reporting a calf injury, it was non-contact, which usually means worse. Gore showed he can still produce, as he will seemingly do until his son replaces him in the NFL, but don’t forget about Yeldon. While he doesn’t wow in any area, Yeldon showed enough in replacing Leonard Fournette to make him a fine grab in case Gore were to get hurt too… or maybe even slows a bit.

Giovani Bernard, CIN – The Bengals offense did nothing outside of receivers Tyler Boyd and John Ross, and Joe Mixon handled some goal-line work early, despite the injury concern. Nevertheless, Bernard has shown in the past that he can put up quality numbers in replacing Mixon, and if the Bengals choose to rest Mixon for a week to get him back to 100%, Bernard would be in the RB2 conversation… even after a poor game.

Ito Smith, ATL – How much longer until the Falcons turn to Smith as the lead? It’s a question well worth asking, as Devonta Freeman has just 11 rushing yards after contact, which is seventh worst for all running backs with 10+ carries. In fact, Smith out-rushed Freeman 32 yards to 22 despite having four carries to Freeman’s 11. While Freeman did contribute well in the passing game (4-3-42), it’s worth grabbing Smith for a potential Flex play if they split more, and for the upside of Smith possibly pushing Freeman aside.

Malcolm Brown, LAR – As expected, the one-week domination of Brown was short-lived, but he still bit off a chunk of Todd Gurley’s workload with six carries for 37 yards. Brown is going to stay involved with Gurley seeing 16 carries of his own, and not the 20+ we saw consistently last year. Given this offense, Brown will have some Flex appeal while chasing a possible touchdown in this offense.

Check to See if Dropped : Peyton Barber, TB – Sigh. So much for Ronald Jones “seeing more work.” Look, I personally don’t want to roster any Buccaneers running back at this point, as we could easily be chasing the wrong one each week. But, some owners might be a bit needy, even desperate, given the injuries this week. Barber falls between Gore and Bernard if all of the injuries cause the backups to start.

Meh : Jamaal Williams, GB; Jordan Wilkins, IND – Williams’ game is more about the Packers still sharing touches to keep Aaron Jones healthy for the long haul, even though Jones ran it 23 times this past week. I wouldn’t trust Williams, ever… Wilkins broke off a huge run to carry his day, and this continues to be Marlon Mack’s backfield. It was a tough go against the Titans, but Mack had 20 carries and two receptions even so.

Future Stash Handcuffs : Chase Edmonds, ARI; Tony Pollard, DAL; Dion Lewis, TEN; Alexander Mattison, MIN; Mike Davis, CHI; Gus Edwards, BAL; Ryquell Armstead, JAX; Kalen Ballage, MIA; Damien Harris, NE; Wayne Gallman, NYG

Dumpsville, Population, You : Jordan Howard, PHI – Still 68% owned despite being here last week… and going 8-for-18 in Week 2. Definition of “yawn.”

Waiver Wire Wide Receivers
I Tried to Tell Ya : John Ross, CIN; D.K. Metcalf, SEA; Mecole Hardman and Demarcus Robinson, KC; Terry McLaurin, WSH – Ross saw No. 1 team treatment for the second week in a row. It’s worth wondering if Tyler Boyd is going to lose more value than Ross will once A.J. Green returns. I’d consider selling high on both given the uncertainty… Not sure what to say about Metcalf at this point. If he’s still out there, well, that’s a major oversight by your league (and you)… Robinson has the enviable “Three S’s” (Size, Speed, Strength) and has flashed before but mostly disappointed. This may be his breakout, but Hardman is obviously worth owning as well. I believe Robinson is the better grab for three reasons: 1) Use – Robinson 90.8% snaps, Hardman 73.7%, 2) Hardman is DeSean Jackson like, and Robinson should be more consistent and 3) When Tyreek Hill returns, Robinson fits as the third option better than Hardman does in that situation… McLaurin is dominating the passing game. He’s looking like an early “Pickup of the Year” candidate.

Nelson Agholor and J.J. Arcega-Whiteside, PHI – Alshon Jeffery soft-tissue injury. Drink. Okay, seriously, I feel bad for the guy, and I know he’s as frustrated as anyone to keep getting hurt. Nevertheless, here we are, and DeSean Jackson exited early as well, meaning the Eagles top receivers for Week 3 could easily be Agholor and JJAW. Arcega-Whiteside has more big-play ability with Agholor fitting well as the short-to-intermediate option. JJAW draws some similarities to the other JJ abbreviated player (JuJu Smith-Schuster).

D.J. Chark, JAX – Chark was third in snaps among Jaguars receivers (55, 82.1%) but it was only two fewer than Chris Conley and three behind Dede Westbrook, and as mentioned in the past, Chark is the one Jaguars receiver with NFL No. 1 receiver ability. He’s shown it so far too with 4-for-4 in the first game for 146 yards and a touchdown, then 7-for-9 this past week for 55 yards and another score. Conley and Westbrook only saw five targets each, and Westbrook caught just one. Until (if) Nick Foles returns, Chark is in the lead, and even if Foles returns, he’s good enough to form a formidable duo with Westbrook. Plus, we can sing Baby Chark every touchdown! (Sorry for putting that song in your head, but at least it’s not the catchiest fake pop song ever… from the AT&T commercial… yea, that’s in your head now too, huh?)

Randall Cobb and Devin Smith, DAL – Michael Gallup is out for several weeks, which means more work for Cobb and Smith, particularly Smith. I was a rather big fan of Smith coming out of college, as I had him as my fifth-highest receiver in the class. Sidebar: that 2015 draft was abysmal for receivers. Kevin White, DeVante Parker and Amari Cooper were the three consensus top options, and we have seen how that went. Dorial Green-Beckham was in that draft, and the best of the rest? Tyler Lockett, Agholor, Devin Funchess, Phillip Dorsett, Breshad Perriman. Barfage. Back to Smith though. He has good size, terrific speed and at worst, should be a big-play option. Injuries have derailed his career, but he’s the one that will start opposite Cooper with Cobb maintaining his role. Cobb is the proven veteran and safer option, but Smith could be Hardman-like. The problem is that if Cobb gets the No. 2 target treatment, it’s hard to maintain much value with a team led by Ezekiel Elliott first, particularly after this week’s matchup with the Dolphins.

Marquise Goodwin and Deebo Samuel, SF – Goodwin was droppable last week, and that can be the frustrations of fantasy, and both are down the list because of the 49ers frustrations. Goodwin led the team in snaps this week with Dante Pettis getting back into the mix with the second most (35, 48.6%), but Pettis did nothing. Samuel saw just 29 snaps (40.3%) sandwiched between Richie James and Kendrick Bourne, and Trent Taylor still hasn’t returned. I love Samuel’s route running, but it’s hard to see him being startable without a snap count boost, and Goodwin is an okay option, but just as with the running backs, this is going to be a headache.

James Washington, PIT – There are two reasons to grab Washington… well… three if you count Donte Moncrief’s hands as two.

I was counting them as the first reason, obviously. I’ve tried to apologize for Moncrief, pointing out that Devin Funchess had WR3 value a few seasons ago despite catching just 50% of his targets. It’s ridiculous at this point. Enough is enough, and the door is wide open for Washington to race through.

The second is that Mason Rudolph is at quarterback, which means he’s going to come in and do whatever it takes to succeed and not hold back. More aggressive play and deeper shots mean more potential for Washington, who also saw a bit more work with Rudolph than Moncrief did this offseason. I am not saying Washington is a lock, but he’s worth stashing everywhere possible.

Don’t forget that Rudolph was Washington’s quarterback at Oklahoma State where Washington put up 53/1,087/10, 71/1,380/10 and 74/1,549/13 for his sophomore through senior years. That was good for 28.8, 33.7 and 31.6% of Rudolph’s passing yards and 47.6, 35.7 and 35.1% of his touchdowns!

Preston Williams, MIA – I’m not excited for any Dolphins player, but if you’re desperate, Williams was second only to DeVante Parker in snaps and led the team in yards… a mediocre 63 to be fair. It was mainly garbage time, but Parker failed to haul in a single target.

Check to See if Dropped : Christian Kirk, ARI; Courtland Sutton, DEN – Kirk is over the 60% threshold, but not by much, and many might not have listened and dropped him due to the early-game struggles in Week 1 and the Ravens matchup last week… Sutton had a quiet game, and I can see owners bailing, but it was the Bears. I’ll give him (and Joe Flacco to a lesser degree) a one-week pass.

Meh : Parris Campbell (and the others), IND; Damiere Byrd, ARI; Isaiah McKenzie, BUF; TJ Jones, NYG – Here’s the problem in Indianapolis: Campbell looks appealing, but he had one catch, one target and played just 18 snaps, 11 behind Chester Rogers, who was second to last (Deon Cain, 33; Zach Pascal 32). Cain had just one target as well, Pascal zero, Rogers four (3-for-24 receiving). This appears to be a wasteland, though, Campbell has upside if the Colts give him more work eventually… Byrd is a bit better than Campbell since he was on the field for 93.3% of the snaps. The problem is that Byrd is Cole Beasley like, and while Beasley did have appealing value (more on him in a moment), it was because of volume. Byrd had seven targets, six catches and 45 yards. That gives him 14/10/87 or 8.7 YPR. Bleh. If Byrd sees just 3-4 targets one week, it’s going to be hard to even have PPR value, which is about the only appeal he has already… McKenzie had 17 snaps, or four fewer than the third tight end, Tommy Sweeney… TJ Jones had three fewer than backup tight end, Rhett Ellison and Sterling Shepard should return.

Dumpsville, Population, You : Donte Moncrief, PIT; Trey Quinn, WSH; Jamison Crowder, NYJ – See above. It’s only fitting to return the favor to Moncrief… I don’t want to drop Quinn; let me make that clear. However, he’s gone for anyone through Cobb for me, as he was third in snaps and targets after being second in snaps and fifth in targets Week 1… The same goes for Crowder. I’d hang on or even pick up (if someone drops him and you have a free spot) for when Sam Darnold returns. It’s just going to be ugly until then.

Waiver Wire Tight Ends
I Tried to Tell Ya : Vernon Davis, WSH – Or, Jordan Reed. Basically, if Reed is healthy, you can start him. If not, you can roll out Davis.

Jason Witten, DAL – Ugh, I don’t want to grab Witten, but with Gallup out and Dak Prescott looking Witten’s way in the red zone, he’s worth a gamble against the Dolphins, but that’s about it. After all, Witten still only has 7/40 on his eight targets through two games.

Will Dissly, SEA – Tight end is already thin when it comes to pickups. Granted the position is bouncing back a decent amount, but for options under 60% owned, it’s slim pickings. The Seahawks need options after Lockett and Metcalf, and Russell Wilson has turned to the tight end plenty in the past. You could do worse, as with…

Meh : Noah Fant, DEN; Tyler Eifert, CIN – Flacco loves his tight ends, but Fant only has eight targets for six receptions and 62 yards through two games = meh… Meanwhile, Eifert is still healthy, but he’s worse than Witten, as he had 10/8/36 on the year with just one touchdown, which came with three receptions, nine yards, and the Bengals are in Buffalo.

Dumpsville, Population, You : Kyle Rudolph, MIN; Trey Burton, CHI – Remember how Rudolph wasn’t even on fantasy rosters for his Week 16 bonanza because he only had 2-3 relevant games prior? Yea, we’re heading there again… Burton merely ended up as a TE1 last year by playing 16 games. There’s just no upside. I’d rather stash Chris Herndon even with that quarterback nightmare.

DST Streaming
  1. BUF vs. CIN
  2. GB vs. DEN
  3. TEN at JAX
  4. SF vs. PIT
  5. TB vs. NYG
  6. PHI vs. DET

Any Yahoo commissioners out there? My work league commish needs a hand.

TLDR; we moved to Yahoo from ESPN, and settings were never updated to have waivers run as FAAB. Commish never fixed it for Week 1, and still doesn't know how. He said when he attempts to change, he's prompted a "this is not a league setting that can be changed".

Does anyone know the fix?
I don't play on Yahoo but I'm assuming you can't change waiver format once the season has started.

I wanna pick up the Bucs Defense at home vs NYG

I was thinking about doing the same but I already have Browns and Texans d, would you drop either of those for the Bucs d, or just hold on to them both? They both have tough matchups this week:

Browns vs Rams
Texans @ Chargers

I'm tired of Cam. I'm trying to get Lamar Jackson.

Trade Cooks or Godwin for Cam? My other wr's are Julio and JuJu

I just sent an offer of Josh Gordon for Damien Williams. I got AB and OBJ, and I don’t like having two WR from the same team.

Hopefully the dude takes it.

I was thinking about doing the same but I already have Browns and Texans d, would you drop either of those for the Bucs d, or just hold on to them both? They both have tough matchups this week:

Browns vs Rams
Texans @ Chargers

I would drop the Browns. They have a tough schedule coming up. Rams. at Ravens. at San Fran. Seahwaks. at Patriots.

Last edited:
Well it looks like Cam is nursing an injury. Who would you all grab from this pool? I need a backup QB and possible a solid play moving forward.
upload_2019-9-17_8-59-49.png

Someone dropped the Rams defense and cowboys D is available in my 12 team league. I'm last on waivers though, so hopefully I can snag one of them.

How do you guys feel about Baker going forward? Currently have an offer of my Baker and Ingram for Julio from a QB needy owner. Problem is I’d be forced to go with Stafford as my other starter (2 QB league so the wire is pretty barren) and my RB depth takes a hit.

Acquired extra draft picks this year so my team is already pretty loaded as is:

Relevant positions
QB: Wilson, Baker, Stafford
WR: M Thomas, Tyreek, Flash, Sanders, Landry, C Davis
RB: CMC, Ingram, Michel, Montgomery, Latavius, Darwin

We start 2 Qbs, 4 wrs, 3 rbs. Would you guys make the upgrade or stand pat? There’s an off chance I could get him to add Carr in the deal as well.

How do you guys feel about Baker going forward? Currently have an offer of my Baker and Ingram for Julio from a QB needy owner. Problem is I’d be forced to go with Stafford as my other starter (2 QB league so the wire is pretty barren) and my RB depth takes a hit.

Relevant positions

We start 2 Qbs, 4 wrs, 3 rbs. Would you guys make the upgrade or stand pat? There’s an off chance I could get him to add Carr in the deal as well.

I'd stay put to be honest. Julio is Julio but I would rather keep my WR/RB depth. DCarr sucks too :lol: I'm never starting that guy again.

Relevant positions

I would try and snag Julio. We don't know what kind of hit Thomas will take and it depends on how long you can wait on Tyreek. If you can get him to add Carr, that would be great imo.

Thoughts on this?

His: Watson Ingram Lockett
My: Tyreek AJones

My team "currently":
Carr
Carson Michel AJones DMont Sanders Singletary
Julio Tyreek Alshon
Waller
Browns
M.Bryant

Im 2nd on waivers I can either add Ross McLaurin or Metcalf for more WR depth

Desperation mode. My RBs were:

CMC
Dion Lewis
AP
Ronald Jones

So I traded my Mahomes and Ertz for his Saquon.

My new starting Lineup is:

Brady
TY
Kupp
CMC
Saquon
Kelce
Gostkowski
Bears

Landry
Larry Fitz
Ross