OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why haven’t I been here? Well let’s see what is fun about running an offense that belongs in 1940... Stanford is done.

sponge.gif

Interesting USC just called me to offer me discounted tickets for the UCLA game...

Things must be bad....lol

Nah, if they asked you to play, it would be bad. UCLA is bad and USC is outta the picture...probably just trying to save some face on a historic rivalry.

So, are you going? :lol:

Nah my dad and his buddies always have a big party for USC UCLA. They all used to work for Pasadena PD so they worked all of the UCLA games. Of course I'm an SC fan so the party is fun and they always cook a mean spread with cigars and Scotch.

I couldn't make the last two years due to military commitments so this year I can't miss it.

Last edited:
Glad to see Bama isn't 4. I know it doesn't matter right now but there is a shot that Oregon or OU get in.

Basically if Oregon and Utah don’t win out before the PAC 12 title game then Bama is in. What a ****ing joke

We don’t want oregon to get in. **** them.

I still have this pipe dream that UCLA beats Utah, we beat UCLA and we mess it up for Oregon by beating them in the Pac 12 Championship.

But Clay would Clay and we would lose to UCLA...

Basically if Oregon and Utah don’t win out before the PAC 12 title game then Bama is in. What a ****ing joke
Even if they do win out, Bama is still getting in, and they should, they'd mop the floor with the Ducks and Utes
Bama should be in. Got 0 problems with that

I disagree with you guys. Alabama is going to get passed by a one-loss Pac-12 champ (Utah or Oregon) or a 1-loss/undefeated Big-12 champ (Baylor or OU).

The committee won't choose a one-loss non-division winner over a one-loss conference champion. Those other teams have marquee matchups remaining and Bama doesn't. Alabama hasn't played a ranked team all season and their best win will likely be against an 8-4 Auburn team.

I just don't believe the committee will reward playing week schedule and losing your only big matchup. I don't care how dominant you are against the other teams on your schedule, at some point you have to have a good resume and quality wins.

If the committee is really going to pick a non division winner over 2 conference champions, then what's the point a plane that conference championship games?

In 2017, Alabama got into the playoff as a a 1-loss, non-division winner because they were going up against a two loss Big-10 champ and a 2 loss Big-12 champ.

Bomani made a great point on his most recent pod..

imagine being nick Saban and on top of catchin that L in that game.. but whatever black recruits were at the game and any black draft eligible players just witnessed that place turn into a trump rally

Bomani made a great point on his most recent pod..

imagine being nick Saban and on top of catchin that L in that game.. but whatever black recruits were at the game and any black draft eligible players just witnessed that place turn into a trump rally

Every stadium in the SEC would have done the same thing, and I’m sure these kids are aware of that. You’re not going to Tuscaloosa or BR for school because you want to be in a “progressive” environment.

Every stadium in the SEC would have done the same thing, and I’m sure these kids are aware of that. You’re not going to Tuscaloosa or BR for school because you want to be in a “progressive” environment.

Most kids aren’t overly concerned with politics at that stage in life.. but kinda hard to ignore what’s blatantly thrown in your face

Also:

Most kids aren’t overly concerned with politics at that stage in life.. but kinda hard to ignore what’s blatantly thrown in your face

Also:

They're not but I can guarantee you none of them were surprised by the reaction, and it will have zero impact on their decisions.

Most of these kids are from SEC country, I doubt it's the first time they've witnessed some MAGAites in action.

I disagree with you guys. Alabama is going to get passed by a one-loss Pac-12 champ (Utah or Oregon) or a 1-loss/undefeated Big-12 champ (Baylor or OU).

The committee won't choose a one-loss non-division winner over a one-loss conference champion. Those other teams have marquee matchups remaining and Bama doesn't. Alabama hasn't played a ranked team all season and their best win will likely be against an 8-4 Auburn team.

I just don't believe the committee will reward playing week schedule and losing your only big matchup. I don't care how dominant you are against the other teams on your schedule, at some point you have to have a good resume and quality wins.

If the committee is really going to pick a non division winner over 2 conference champions, then what's the point a plane that conference championship games?

In 2017, Alabama got into the playoff as a a 1-loss, non-division winner because they were going up against a two loss Big-10 champ and a 2 loss Big-12 champ.
Great points made Bama should be done and rightfully so. I get tired of them playing nobody all year and just cause it's Bama they get put in. See what happens when you play good teams.( See Ohio State washed them plus Clemson washed them twice) sec been trash for a while glad people are starting to realize it.

Back
Top Bottom