OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Its Tomball’s district that’s blocking him from transferring
Eligibility isn’t an issue if his coaches from North Forest don’t show up and throw him under the bus this morning.

I’ve been down that road with the UIL several times over. If the old school isn’t protesting the transfer, it almost never holds up if your family has taken up residence in the new district/zone.

Slovis was the clear #4 guy in camp, though he stood out as the #2 in the Spring...

Could mean Sears and Fink are already gone or something else.

Slovis was the clear #4 guy in camp, though he stood out as the #2 in the Spring...

Could mean Sears and Fink are already gone or something else.
Stacking QBs is just gonna keep getting harder and harder for schools, especially with the rise of QBs outside of P5 conferences getting drafted in the first few rounds the past many drafts. Better hit on 3 star evals like Fink and Slovis (and find guys that know their spot and are willing to sit for a couple years), because very few higher ranked guys are gonna be sticking around long if they don't have a clear path to likely starting for 2+ years. Makes sense for the player and I hope the transfer portal keeps giving these kids the opportunity to move on for any reason like we give coaches (outside of denying guys like Luke Ford actually moving home to be closer to an ailing family member)

I'm interested to see what ends up happening with James Foster at A&M since Calzada could potentially win that #2 spot behind Mond. Wouldn't be surprised to see Foster leave eventually if he's not the clear QB2 heading into the season.

Hypothetically speaking, way down the road when players are actually compensated...do yall think we'll see "buyouts" in scholarships? Similar to how coaches have their buyouts, but if the player transfers to another school because of, let's say being buried on the depth chart, they give up a certain percentage of their compensation.

Hypothetically speaking, way down the road when players are actually compensated...do yall think we'll see "buyouts" in scholarships? Similar to how coaches have their buyouts, but if the player transfers to another school because of, let's say being buried on the depth chart, they give up a certain percentage of their compensation.
My guess they would just prorate the scholarship for how many days they were on the roster. They leave, they leave said % on the table and the next school will just pick up the rest.

Wouldn't he have transferred long before fall camp? It seemed pretty clear to everyone that Daniel's would be #1 again. Or did he just graduate this summer?

Eligibility isn’t an issue if his coaches from North Forest don’t show up and throw him under the bus this morning.

I’ve been down that road with the UIL several times over. If the old school isn’t protesting the transfer, it almost never holds up if your family has taken up residence in the new district/zone.
I can also tell you if he was trying to play for North Shore he’d be on that team right now. It’s got to be more to the story than just some NF HS coaches keeping him from playing at Tomball.

I mean, look at the scumbag North Forest HC's twitter from just the last month...he retweets about a kid moving from Aledo to Nolan Christian (both affluent schools) takling about how the kid has "overcome so much to get where he is"...then turns around and testifies Demas is only moving for athletic purposes when Demas has had family targeted in violent acts in the North Forest community (and was jumped on a bus himself) within the past couple years...

Sounds like a high school coach that was hoping to ride a generational prospect into a rise up to a position coach spot in the college ranks and got butthurt if I've ever seen one... Screenshot_20190821-014623_Twitter.jpg Screenshot_20190821-014602_Twitter.jpg

It's no secret Coach Terrell testified against the transfer this morning at the hearing and leading up to it. Schools don't even play in the same division (4A vs 5A), not hard to follow the intentions.

Wouldn't he have transferred long before fall camp? It seemed pretty clear to everyone that Daniel's would be #1 again. Or did he just graduate this summer?

He graduated in June. Sears said last season when he lost the job that he was going to stay and get his degree from SC and transferring wasn't a consideration until after that. Because of the academic plan they have them on a lot if not most USC football players graduate the Spring of their junior year. Sears is a RS Soph right now and has apparently finished a business administration degree in 2.5 years (though it's possible he still has some classes left to take and SC just let him walk since he's graduating this winter.)

usc_trojans_football_graduation_jack_sears.jpg

He still has 3 years of eligibility left, so in theory, he could opt to finish out his classes if he has any and transfer and play immediately somewhere next season. Or, alternatively, depth chart watch and transfer now to a school who needs serious help at QB and b eligible now. It's a stretch for him to do that 2 weeks before week 1 though and his best path to playing is probably still here since Harrell isn't bound by loyalty to JT.

I noticed the Oregon football account just started following him on IG, which is... :lol: I'm actually pretty sure that's a violation but whatever.

Last edited:
INCOMING:

Heisman Finalists:
Trev Law
Tua
Jalen Hurts
Dark horses: Ehlinger and JT Daniels

Heisman - Trevor Lawrence - he'll have the preseason hype and Clemson's schedule is a cakewalk outside of maybe Texas A&M, but they get them at home. FSU and Syracuse aren't beating Clemson this year.

ACC
Coastal - (Should be Miami, but) Virginia
Atlantic - Clemson
Champs - Clemson
Surprise team: Virginia

B1G
West - Iowa
East - tO$U
Champs - tO$U
Surprise team: Nebraska

Big 12
Champs: Oklahoma
Surprise team: Baylor goes 8-4/9-3; Iowa State goes 9-3

SEC
Dogs
Bama
Champs - Bama
Surprise team: Mizzou goes 10-2/9-3; Tennessee goes 9-3/8-4
Hot takes: Georgia goes 9-3; Florida goes 8-4; Alabama loses to A&M or Auburn (or both)

PAC 12
South - Utah goes 9-3 with losses @USC, vs. Cal, @UW
North - UW goes 10-2 with losses @BYU and either @CU or the next week (finally) vs. Wazzu. Possibly trip up vs. Stanford but I doubt it.
Champs - UW
Hot takes: Stanford is really bad; UCLA finally beats Stanford; Oregon goes 8-4, but only because their schedule is a cake walk; Justin Herbert is overrated
Surprise team: USC goes 9-3 and struggles to run the football all year

Playoffs:
tO$U
Clemson
Bama
Oklahoma
Champs - Bama

Last edited:
nako xl nako xl is your surprise team nebraska meaning they’ll have a good season or another poor one? There seems to be a lot of hype on them already

On Tuesday, the Sun Bowl announced it has landed a new sponsor and a new name for the 86th edition of the famed bowl game. When an ACC school meets a Pac-12 program on Dec. 31, 2019, on CBS, the teams will be playing in the Tony the Tiger Sun Bowl, sponsored by Kellog's Frosted Flakes.

nako xl nako xl is your surprise team nebraska meaning they’ll have a good season or another poor one? There seems to be a lot of hype on them already

I’m leaning to 7-5 poor :lol:. I meant to change that to Iowa and include a sentence about Nebraska there but forgot to go back and edit that.

I think Iowa has a 9-3 season and Nebraska I can see going as high as 8-4 with that schedule, but just off how barren their roster was last year and what I saw, I can’t see them being better than 7-5/8-4.

Staaaaaaaahp.

What? As a frosh he had 2700 yards, 14 TDs, and led a pass heavy Pac12 in TDs of 40+ yards (I think it was 10) in only about 10 games with multiple bad snaps a game, no OL and a run first offense with no OC. Now he’s in a pass happy offense with some experience? If USC wins 10 games it’ll be because he balled out.

How is JT the Dark horse when he's the front runner for his back to back trophies?

Dark horse to the media, but front runner for our hearts.

Last edited:
Dirk maybe you know but who is this KarenKeyLargo person i’m seeing on twitter burying UT. They got a big ax to grind out

Back
Top Bottom