Official 2019 Boxing Thread: 12/28 - Davis vs. Gamboa, Pascal vs. Jack SHO

Who will be the winner of the Kovalev vs. Canelo fight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This Uzbek kid is rated #1 by the ibf at 147

giphy.gif

Ibf always got weird rankings

Prime Kov with his jab would have made a fight with Beterbiev interesting but right now Beterbiev destroys anyone at 175 or 168.

Perfect example of “functional strength”. Might not have the show muscles that some other fighters have, but he is insanely strong.

I don't think anyone at 175 has the skills to beat Beterbiev right now. He will need to slow down considerably for someone to have a better chance.

Beterbiev bullys Bivol worse than he did Gvozdyk.

If Bivol is serious about moving to 168, he should probably do so.

Bivol won’t be taking those power punches to the body any better than Gvozdyk did. This is definitely Beterbiev’s division and I agree that Bivol should be looking at moving down to SMW

Beterbiev, Ward wouldn’t be able to muscle him around like other guys, and Ward doesn’t have enough power to keep a guy like Beterbiev off of him if he tried to box.

Prime Kov would have had the best shot because of the jab and the power. After that probably Adonis, because Beterbiev’s chin isn’t great.

I think Ward would've boxed circles aroumd Beterbiev, he's too robotic. Gvozdyk could've won if he had better footwork and inside game.
Kovalev is a tougher matchup for Ward than Betebiev because he has his jab and a better all around skillset.

I think Ward would've boxed circles aroumd Beterbiev, he's too robotic. Gvozdyk could've won if he had better footwork and inside game.
Kovalev is a tougher matchup for Ward than Betebiev because he has his jab and a better all around skillset.

I dont know about that bro. I was locked into the fight last night and I noticed some things about beterbiev that I didnt notice before. He has very underrated skills and technique. He is not just a brawler. The dude doesnt waste any punches at all and he does not get tired. I cannot see ward or anyone else "boxing circles" around him for 12 rounds.

I thought kovalev clearly beat ward in 2016 and I think the beterbiev we saw last night stops both kovalev and ward that we saw in 2016

I dont know about that bro. I was locked into the fight last night and I noticed some things about beterbiev that I didnt notice before. He has very underrated skills and technique. He is not just a brawler. The dude doesnt waste any punches at all and he does not get tired. I cannot see ward or anyone else "boxing circles" around him for 12 rounds.

I thought kovalev clearly beat ward in 2016 and I think the beterbiev we saw last night stops both kovalev and ward that we saw in 2016
Beterbiev was missing a lot of wide punches. Even in the final seconds of last night's fight when Gvozdyk was hanging on for dear life and didn't have his legs, Beterbiev couldn't hit him with a clean shot. But to Beterbiev's credit, he can graze you and it'll be like getting hit by a truck. Ward will see these punches coming from a mile away.

I also scored the first fight for Kovalev winning by a point or two. Midway through the fight, Ward cracked his code and won the later rounds. Then in the rematch, Ward landed the perfect shot right on the chin and that's all she wrote. Beterbiev probably hits harder than Kovalev, but he is way more telegraphed and slower. Ware dissects him IMO, but we'll never know what would really happen.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom