OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Honestly, that's the only hire he's made this off season that I like.

Maybe Xbox Tosh burnt him out on hiring young up and comers, but when your a coach with as much experience as he has, idk why you would want to fill your staff with a bunch of retreads.

Charles Kelly was a good hire by him

Rumor is Saban didn't like a lot of the staff this year and was happy to see some them guys move on

Ahh yes, the class "I didn't want them away" argument. Gotta love Bama fans. :lol:

For real though, I've read that he loved this offensive staff (OC, QB coach specifically) and was iffy on the defensive staff. To be fair they were in a tough spot, they lost all of their defensive backs from 2017 and had to replace 8 defensive starters. I know what up until now it hasn't mattered and Bama just reloaded but at some point the player and staff turnover takes its toll.

Whole thing seems a bit overblown to me. But when you're Bama, that comes w/ the territory.

I do believe that he saw what Kirby was/is building at UGA recruiting wise and felt he needed to lean there going into this past season and current recruiting cycle.

Idk, maybe (just maybe), Saban will have to learn how to work with another human being w/o trying to grind them into dust either physically or mentally? Might be too much to ask though (and truth be told, he probably won't really need to)

I was told Temple guy was gonna fix our recruiting.
I was told Georgia guy was gonna fix our recruiting.
I'm being told Manny guy is gonna fix our recruiting.

Bag men. We need bag men, to fix our recruiting. Get Shaprio out of jail and back in business please.

I understand your trepidation, I’m in the same boat as you. Manny’s done good so far but it means jack nada if we have a crappy season and recruiting is basura like it is this year. Bag men would help but a solid product on the field helps too.

I was told Temple guy was gonna fix our recruiting.
I was told Georgia guy was gonna fix our recruiting.
I'm being told Manny guy is gonna fix our recruiting.

Bag men. We need bag men, to fix our recruiting. Get Shaprio out of jail and back in business please.

According to the comments section:
#PortalU
#PortalGang
#Hookersonboats

Whole thing seems a bit overblown to me. But when you're Bama, that comes w/ the territory.

I do believe that he saw what Kirby was/is building at UGA recruiting wise and felt he needed to lean there going into this past season and current recruiting cycle.

Idk, maybe (just maybe), Saban will have to learn how to work with another human being w/o trying to grind them into dust either physically or mentally? Might be too much to ask though (and truth be told, he probably won't really need to)

Nope.

Honestly, he's too old and he's had too much success at the college level being a dictator, why change? I think he'd rather retire than soften up personality wise.

Nick Starkel leaving TAMU...will graduate and have two years to play. Wish he would end up wherever Tathan ends up.

Back
Top Bottom