OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Wonder what the holdup is. Harrell isn't going to be allowed to bring an assistant, right? Y'all wouldn't even let Kliff bring a Oline guy.

USC takes a long time to finalize and announce hires. Always have. He can't bring anyone. We only have 1 staff opening.

Meh. He's had chronic health issues and barely saw the field. How come y'all aint post about Trevon Sidney or Randall Grimes? That's 4 WRs we've lost this month.

Garry P was the original USC website runners with Ryan Abraham. Really good guy and was extremely well liked in the college football community. He died suddenly of a stroke last week. This tells you everything you need to know about this dude Swanson. dacomeup dacomeup casper90403 casper90403

Last edited:
Some Okie St fans seemed like they wanted a bigger name on reddit, but I like the fact that Gundy likes to make outside the box hires.

I think a lot of fans forget that the majority of the innovation we see in big time CFB today, started first at the lower levels.

What kind of offense did he run at Princeton?

What kind of offense did he run at Princeton?

I'd call it a "power spread". I watched their 2018 game against Columbia last night and they reminded me a bit of what ND was trying to do with Wimbush except their Wimbush was reasonably accurate when throwing to their group of big possession receivers.

I'm sure Ian Boyd will have a right up on their O in a week or two since he's a Big XII guy.

Actually think this is a better hire than Kliff. Less splashy, though.

Kliff would have been a better hire, but Harrell has a greater likelihood of sticking around for more than 1 year. Kliff took the SC job with one foot out the door before he'd even moved into his office. If North Texas drops off Littrell won't be as hot a commodity and that job won't come open so maybe we can hold on to Graham longer (then again, Littrell is an air raid Leach disciple too so their offense shouldn't take much of a hit.) Plus if the goal is to now mimic what Clemson is doing with a HC who xan't X&O for **** but is well liked and a good leader, it shows an ability to think outside the Trojan Family box, and to go after young bright minds to change up what is going on at SC. Based on what I've seen of his personality too Graham is going to kill it recruiting.

Question: If you're the Rams, why would you go after a failed coach like Kliff Kingsbury that no one in the P5 wanted as their HC over someone like Littrell or Babers who has at least shown the ability to turn a program around and take advantage of its meager resources.

Kliff would have been a better hire, but Harrell has a greater likelihood of sticking around for more than 1 year. Kliff took the SC job with one foot out the door before he'd even moved into his office. If North Texas drops off Littrell won't be as hot a commodity and that job won't come open so maybe we can hold on to Graham longer (then again, Littrell is an air raid Leach disciple too so their offense shouldn't take much of a hit.)

Based on what I've seen of his personality too Graham is going to kill it recruiting.
Graham's awesome. Going to be a HC somewhere in short order.

Keyshawn Johnson on the radio complaining about the Harrell hire and saying they should have promoted Keary Colbert to OC :lol: :smh:

Coach Ivan Lewis, USC's strength and condition coach is out too. I wasn't a fan of his. Hopefully they can bring someone in who can help these kids really develop their bodies appropriately.

Keyshawn Johnson on the radio complaining about the Harrell hire and saying they should have promoted Keary Colbert to OC :lol: :smh:

WTF is up with former players talking so dang much for USC? They're almost as bad as the Miami former players. Always commenting on who the school should hire, fire, etc. Just be quiet already

Kliff would have been a better hire, but Harrell has a greater likelihood of sticking around for more than 1 year. Kliff took the SC job with one foot out the door before he'd even moved into his office. If North Texas drops off Littrell won't be as hot a commodity and that job won't come open so maybe we can hold on to Graham longer (then again, Littrell is an air raid Leach disciple too so their offense shouldn't take much of a hit.) Plus if the goal is to now mimic what Clemson is doing with a HC who xan't X&O for **** but is well liked and a good leader, it shows an ability to think outside the Trojan Family box, and to go after young bright minds to change up what is going on at SC. Based on what I've seen of his personality too Graham is going to kill it recruiting.

Question: If you're the Rams, why would you go after a failed coach like Kliff Kingsbury that no one in the P5 wanted as their HC over someone like Littrell or Babers who has at least shown the ability to turn a program around and take advantage of its meager resources.

You mean Cardinals? Because they're dumb, there's really no other reason to try to explain it or analyze it. Kliff got that job for a lot of reasons that have nothing to do with football.

I'd like to see it tried but I don't think what Dino runs would work at the NFL level. Those Briles offenses are so simplistic that they don't even have a playbook, they just teach concepts. It's why receivers out of those systems have such a tough time transitioning to the NFL.

WTF is up with former players talking so dang much for USC? They're almost as bad as the Miami former players. Always commenting on who the school should hire, fire, etc. Just be quiet already
Dudes more invested in these programs as fans, for better or for worse. How you expect to tell the dudes responsible for the programs being what they are today to shut up? :lol: When Miami guys went after Golden and Richt, they were pretty much right anyways. Sapp is the only one who is really clownish with it, but he's a fool.

Dudes more invested in these programs as fans, for better or for worse. How you expect to tell the dudes responsible for the programs being what they are today to shut up? :lol: When Miami guys went after Golden and Richt, they were pretty much right anyways. Sapp is the only one who is really clownish with it, but he's a fool.

I don't literally mean shut up. I mean that this type of talk (those not officially associated with the program yapping to the media) doesn't help the program, it usually makes things worse. When has a former player speaking negatively about a school ever helped?

nako xl nako xl dont at me in the NFL off season thread! I ain't going in there until next Monday. Bad juju.

What did you need?

Nothing important. Just about how people doubted Juju but he’s shining.

cassanova brown cassanova brown sc is talking to a few folks about getting a s&c coach that will focus just football. Cal’s strength coach already turned it down.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom