OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Looks like Nick Cross will be heading to Maryland today.

His parent's won't sign his LOI to FSU, PSU is the school that they want the most but it's the one he's least interested in (of the 3) and MD seems like the compromise pick for Cross & his parents

Last edited:
If a kid's parents have been discouraging their sons commitment to your school since June (and were the main reason he didn't announce until later on), I don't know what there is that he could have done to change that. They literally never wanted him to come.

Looks like Nick Cross will be heading to Maryland today.

His parent's won't sign his LOI to FSU, PSU is the school that they want the most but it's the one he's least interested in (of the 3) and MD seems like the compromise pick for Cross & his parents
Wonder if him not liking PSU is just rebelling against his parent. Undoubtedly the most stable program of the 3. Not sure I'd be betting on Mikes Locklsey getting that thing going in the B10.

I don't think he ever genuinely liked it that much and I'm sure his Dad's constant pushing of it didn't help them either. UMD had a lot going in their favor once he didn't sign.

Hell, his Dad didn't even want him going to UGA. They never went w/ him on any of those trips.

I'm not sure they can afford a buyout until year 3 anyways. Not sure if Dre agrees, but 8 wins seems like a best case scenario I'd say?

If the offensive line is not improved any your best case is 5 or 6. If you get the OL to average or slightly above it's 9. So I'd say 8 is about right for best case because getting to even average after 1 season would be a miracle.

So how many does he have to win? To avoid getting fired? Become bowl eligible. I think that 2 years of non bowl-eligibility is the only way he gets canned and even then doing that after 2 years would not be easily done monetarily.

But to some in the fanbase, he would have to win 9-10 games to regain their trust/support.

Hopefully some of these unfortunate L’s come Texas’s way this year.
Texas bag$ are too strong.

If being exposed as a total scum bag through the Zach Smith stuff wasn't enough, what's gonna be?

OK, cool. hookem

Texas bags bigger then TAMU bags?

If the faucet is fully open for both I'd think they were comparable, but I also am not as familiar w/ the lay of the land out there

Wonder if him not liking PSU is just rebelling against his parent. Undoubtedly the most stable program of the 3. Not sure I'd be betting on Mikes Locklsey getting that thing going in the B10.

1 more losing season and Franklin’s seat will be very not stable

9-4 is considered a losing season?

My bad for some reason I thought of the 7-6 years as losing.

With all the circumstances and how down most of the B1G was a lot of PSU alums I know were really down on him last season considering what they could have done (they think they should have won the east or at least finished the year 11-2.)

They’re not calling for Franklin to be fired (they like him a lot) but they were begging for him to be hired away by USC as the narrative is turning into “He’ll never win a championship and, outside a blocked FG against tO$U, can’t win the big games.”

They’re going to regress further without Trace likenthey did without Saquon. If they finish 7-5, 6-6, his seat is gonna be pretty hot.

Was the B1G really down? It was the second best conference in S&P+ last season (narrowly beating out the Big XII but still 6 points better than the Pac 12 and 9 points better than the ACC).

That roster still has a lot of talent at worst they go 8-4 next season. Their OOC is trash, and they don't have to play Wisconsin.

MSU is the place to keep an eye on in the B1GE. Godfrey mentioned on PAPN that the coaching community expects there to be change there next season. I don't think they would fire him, but there is going to be some pressure for him to retire if the offense doesn't improve.

Was the B1G really down? It was the second best conference in S&P+ last season (narrowly beating out the Big XII but still 6 points better than the Pac 12 and 9 points better than the ACC).

That roster still has a lot of talent at worst they go 8-4 next season. Their OOC is trash, and they don't have to play Wisconsin.

MSU is the place to keep an eye on in the B1GE. Godfrey mentioned on PAPN that the coaching community expects there to be change there next season. I don't think they would fire him, but there is going to be some pressure for him to retire if the offense doesn't improve.

If Michigan loses to OSU again the Fanbase wants Harbaughs head and the boosters wants his head as well and the media will ruthless as usual

The fanbase/booster culture is not that reactionary. There will be meltdowns and *****ing and moaning for a couple of weeks, but then the McCaffrey hype train will start.

Michigan is not LSU or Auburn.

We are not but I did hear that the boosters were mad and they wanted those changes

He’s going to be a rock star.

The 2021 class might be the best group of high-end talent Texas has ever produced by the time it’s done. It’s nutty.

Davis, Stone and Stowers all look like elite QBs. The OL crop is insanity.

He’s going to be a rock star.

The 2021 class might be the best group of high-end talent Texas has ever produced by the time it’s done. It’s nutty.

Davis, Stone and Stowers all look like elite QBs. The OL crop is insanity.

Which one can we get?

Off topic:

USC just got hit with another class action sexual assault suit.

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/...ue-USC-Sexual-Health-Physician-505729761.html

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow...ry.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

‘scust.

Back
Top Bottom