OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Why did Leavitt get canned?

Whoa.

I know he felt some type of way when he didn’t get a HC offer and Cristobal got the Oregon job, but if it’s over that and staff clashing I imagine he woulda bailed before last year.

Maybe Cristobal thought he just didn’t produce?

Keith Heyward as full time DC is gonna be roftlmaoooooo

Whoa.

I know he felt some type of way when he didn’t get a HC offer and Cristobal got the Oregon job, but if it’s over that and staff clashing I imagine he woulda bailed before last year.

Maybe Cristobal thought he just didn’t produce?

Keith Heyward as full time DC is gonna be roftlmaoooooo

I’m not sure. Just saw on Twitter he was let go and it was really vague. I think they still owe him $1.7M for 2 more seasons, too?

Just really odd after they forked all that money to keep him from coming to Tally w/ Willie. I guess when you have Uncle Phil Knight, money is no object.

UF gonna fall into Leavitt aren't they, or he's gonna wait out a HC job?

Probably a good reason for UF not to hire him. Why possibly go through the hiring process a season from now?

Don’t have a good answer for Jim. Dude is like 62? Not like he has a ton of time left, so I’m not too sure just hanging around the house collection a paycheck helps him either?

Kind of an oddball situation to be in.

we need those big beef eating OL you guys have out there. Tired of the soft OL we get here in Cali. The big guys in Cali still want to look good outside of football. Midwest dudes don't seem to care

I think the difference is that guys up here are actually OK with playing OL. A dude like JJ Watt transferring because he didn't want to play OL is kind of rare.

College schemes have been getting blamed for the NFL's OL woes but I think an underrated issue are the amount of 6'5" + guys we're seeing on the DL now. Back in the day guys like Arik Armstead and Raekwon Davis would have essentially been forced to be OL because of leverage issues that come from being that tall and playing DL. But now since teams aren't running the ball nearly as much as they used to, teams are letting taller guys play IDL because of the effect they can have on passing lanes.

I think that Oregon was tired of Leavitt looking around after they gave him a hefty raise to stay with Cristobal. Doesn't seem like he ever got over being passed up for the job either.

I don’t know that Oregon & Co. ever thought he was THAT good to truly justly that raise, they just didn’t want him leaving w/ Willie & furthering staff turnover

Yea, which is why I posted most.

MLK probably not, but Cass is a magnet school so there are variety of families with different income levels.

I don't think there are any schools in MI that actually have "programs" (I've heard this is a thing in TX) but most top schools in metro-Detroit probably have a handful of kids who are using. I knew dudes in HS from lower mid to upper class who used, both black and white. Most were introduced to the stuff from guys from local gyms. Kind of sad tbh.

I think everybody in the state of MI and Big Ten knows that MIchigan State was on some roids from the 80s and MSU run in 2010-2014

9040421.jpeg.jpg
Go dawgs

Word on the street is Zeus is around 240 lbs now. I hope the comes back to his old form, it would be an amazing comeback story, people forget he was the #1 running back in the 2018 cycle. That being said, two serious injuries before you play a single down in college doesn't bode well but its encouraging that he's moving well this early in the offseason. If he's 100% by the first game, Georgia's running game will be crazy next season

Getting up to 240 probably ain't the best idea for someone who has had knee injuries.

No one is actually going to follow this right?

Last edited:
Hurts :pimp:

They usually don't even let QB's get under that much weight. On the other hand, most QB's aren't squatting that anyways :lol:

Back
Top Bottom